Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, brandymac27 said:
He didn't think he was gonna win.

I don't think he expected to survive the first month of primaries.  

I think he went into it, figuring that he'd generate a lot of brand recognition for his name.  He'd say some outrageous things, get a lot of publicity from it, then go back and start selling Trump Pens or something.  

Until the first time he walked out on stage, and the crowd cheered.  That was pretty cool.  

And then he said something pretty stupid.  And hey, the crowd rose up and roared.  That was even cooler.  

And then he told them to shut up that heckler.  And they did.  

Granted, all of this is just assumption.  Maybe it's simply what I choose to believe.  

3 hours ago, twa said:

I wonder who is telling the truth about Bannon

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2016/11/15/why-the-bie-lie-about-steve-bannon/

can we get a factcheck

The fact that people that publicly support forced segregation think he's good should be very concerning whether he's anti-semitic or not.

When people like David Duke and Jared Taylor who said:

" He added, “the alt right accepts that race is a biological fact and that it’s a significant aspect of individual and group identity and that any attempt to create a society in which race can be made not to matter will fail.”"

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/26/the-intellectual-godfather-of-the-alt-right-talks-to-the-daily-caller/#ixzz4QA1BZoT1 

are appluading his selection, I think there is cause to be worried.  You got a guy in Trump that was supported by white separatists early in the primary that is appointing somebody that white separatists think is going to support their ideas.  At some point in time, you have to worry that there is an actual fire.

9 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Just a thought ... Trump is 70 years old and clinically obese. How many good years do you think he has left and does he want to spend at least four of them dealing with this ****.

You are dreaming, buddy. The man is an ecomaniac and he literally became the most powerful man on earth??

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Perhaps the 59% should have voted for the candidate who was loudly attacked for willingness to compromise with the opposing Party.  

Nah.  Too complicated.  

Compromise is the new dirty word. Apparently if you compromise your weak.  But the reality is the Trump will most likely be able to  act like he has a mandate. Because at this point the GOP shows no signs of resisting him at all. They are like the woman in the Ayn Rand novel who thanks her rapist.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Compromis is the new dirty word. Apparently if you compromise your weak.  But the reality is the Trump will most likely be able to  act like he has a mandate. Because at this point the GOP shows no signs of resisting him at all. They are like the woman in the Ayn Rand novel who thanks her rapist.

He does have a mandate.  The voters elected him, and voted his Party into full control of Congress.  

What's the alternative?  "Well, I voted for him, but I don't really want him to do the things that he said he was going to do"?  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

He does have a mandate.  The voters elected him, and voted his Party into full control of Congress.  

What's the alternative?  "Well, I voted for him, but I don't really want him to do the things that he said he was going to do"?  

It used to be that you needed at least half of the popular vote in order to claim mandate as President. It's difficult to say with a straight face when more people voted against you than for you.

The alternative for the GOP on the Hill would be saying, "We're not your ****."

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

The majority of the country voted against him. He had over a million less votes than Hillary.  Even Obama who won handily reached out to Republicans and his rivals.  If Trump and his team won't even reach out to critics in his own party, he doesn't belong in the White House.

So far he has a mandate to call himself President Elect.

Also just because people voted for him doesn't mean they want him to push forward everything he said he would.  Remember, a lot of his voters said he was joking or not serious or just using campaign tactics for much of it and quite a few were uncomfortable about most of his plans but voted for him anyway.

Ha!

Like the Presidunce-elect gives a rats ass what anyone thinks he "ought" to do...............

Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says. Whenever you find yourself thinking, or hear others claiming, that he is exaggerating, that is our innate tendency to reach for a rationalization. This will happen often: humans seem to have evolved to practice denial when confronted publicly with the unacceptable.

http://www2.nybooks.com/daily/s3/nov/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival.html

So will y'all "feel better" or convince yourself about some "lesser evil" thing if the Rs let T get impeached and Pence calls the shots?

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Isn't that literally what some people said?  "I know Trump is saying some disturbing things, but I don't think he's really going to do all those things".  Peter Thiel said Trump supporters know not to take him literally.  I read an article where a voter was voting for Trump and then when asked about ACA repeal, she oh she hopes not because her daughter got cheap insurance due to ACA.

As McConnell said, mandate is a tricky thing. 

Archived