Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Regards to the 25th amendment and article 4, apparently that's a clause which allows the VP and congress to rule the President unfit or unable to lead, and transitions power to the VP. Not sure how realistic the chances of this happening are, but we can all agree Trump is woefully unprepared to be the President. 

It's what the VP (chair of the Senate) would be subject to if the President should be under general anesthesia for a surgery of any kind. 

I totally believe we can compare Trump to a "general anesthesia"-type personality disorder...once again, "a nine-year-old with ADHD".  I won't stop stressing this. 

8 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If they offer it to her it seems more like an effort to get her out of the governor's seat.

Because her state has suffered bigly under her administration.

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Re: building government with no experience

Did you just wake up from an 18 month slumber? Do you have no idea who just won the election and how?

It's also a sign of how few real friends and contacts he has. You'd think he'd have commerce and treasury done immediately or a chief of staff that he knew for longer than a year. I mean, if you toy with running all these years, how do you not give some of these things a little thought? 

Oh yeah, it's Trump, never mind. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's also a sign of how few real friends and contacts he has. You'd think he'd have commerce and treasury done immediately or a chief of staff that he knew for longer than a year. I mean, if you toy with running all these years, how do you not give some of these things a little thought? 

Oh yeah, it's Trump, never mind. 

The one thing I was intrigued about with a Trump Administration was how government would function not run by a whole bunch of lawyers, lobbyists, politicians, and think tankers, but CFOs CEOs entrepreneurs and area experts. Could have been an enormous disaster, but there was a chance that they could really reinvent the wheel in a better way. At the very least you might really be seeing what the top private industry minds in fields related to housing, environment, treasury, etc. could do.

Problem is, Trump doesn't have that circle. His circle of billionaires reject him. Corporate America for the most part rejects him. So, we see him recruiting castoffs and extremist quacks. They aren't even extremist quacks he's been doing business with for 20 or forty years.

3 hours ago, brandymac27 said:
Donald Trump's infrastructure plan wouldn't actually fix America's infrastructure problems

Rural America, you have voted for a guy whose infrastructure plan is going to create jobs mostly in affluent populated areas, improve the infrastructure mostly in affluent populated areas, and allow the investor class to pay even less money for what have traditionally been general government services.

If you get one of these jobs, you'll be travelling a long way (because there is no way the job is going to pay enough to actually move to an affluent area), over declining infrastructure so you can fall further behind the investor class.

Talk about voting against your own economic self-interest.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Rudy Giuliani fought federal government to defend undocumented immigrants as NYC mayor

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/kfile-rudy-giuliani-undocumented-immigrants/index.html

"Some of the hardest-working and most productive people in this city are undocumented aliens," Giuliani said at a 1994 press conference. "If you come here and you work hard and you happen to be in an undocumented status, you're one of the people who we want in this city. You're somebody that we want to protect, and we want you to get out from under what is often a life of being like a fugitive, which is really unfair."

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That would be noble.  I'd like to see that too.  And Trump is uncertain enough to where you think he could actually be open to influence from Democrats.

But then you look at the people surrounding him and the campaign promises he made and think... yeah right.  He is at the center of a far right wing cabal.

That's rather where I am, too.  

I am forcing myself to be optimistic.  

But it's hard.  

5 hours ago, visionary said:

By the way,  does it feel weird to anyone else that Trump Tower has basically become White House North. 

Not at all.  Every President-elect has to operate out of, well, wherever he was, before he got elected.  

Yeah, I could see people making jokes about James Bond villains and their lairs.  But it's absolutely nothing serious, as far as I'm concerned.  

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Re: building government with no experience

Did you just wake up from an 18 month slumber? Do you have no idea who just won the election and how?

And I'm not quite sure how this is really all that major, either.  I seem to remember having the impression that in the W administration, it seemed like the requirement to be put in charge of Department X, was that you have to be on record as saying that you thought Department X should be abolished.  

So far, the Trump Presidency is looking a lot like W's, only on Greater.  

the hyper-coverage of the cabinet selections that haven't been done is rather annoying.

i have zero interest in defending trump or anything he does. i really don't.

i also have zero interest in reading post after post (which is not a big deal, we all vent from time to time) or article after article (which is actually what irritates me) about selections that may or may not happen, but definitely haven't happened yet, and the various outrage over the rumor.

that's my two cents. probably not actually worth that.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The one thing I was intrigued about with a Trump Administration was how government would function not run by a whole bunch of lawyers, lobbyists, politicians, and think tankers, but CFOs CEOs entrepreneurs and area experts. Could have been an enormous disaster, but there was a chance that they could really reinvent the wheel in a better way. At the very least you might really be seeing what the top private industry minds in fields related to housing, environment, treasury, etc. could do.

That was one of the things that JFK tried to do.  At least, part of the image.  

Archived