Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

49 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Payroll taxes?  

Wont stop a recession...but it will defund Social Security and Medicare.

I'm certainly nor sure that it won't affect a recession.  Deficit spending is one (far as I'm aware, the only) tool for reducing the effects of one.  

I could certainly see arguments over whether it would 

1)  Prevent a recession.

2)  Reduce the effects.

3)  Delay it (till the Dems take over.  (Then they can claim that the Dems caused it.)  (Or simply delay it till after the election, so they can retain more power for a while).  

4)  Inflate the bubble more, making the explosion correspondingly worse.  

I'd also say that "defund SS/Medicare" isn't exactly clear.  

When Obama cut the SS tax by 2%, to fight the recession he inherrited, the bill also stated that the government would pay an amount from General Revenue, to offset the amount of revenue lost by the tax cut.  So at least on paper, cutting the SS taxes increased the genera; revenue deficit, and did not reduce SS funding at all.  

Odds of a Republican congress doing the same thing again?  IMO, about the same as the odds of a Republican Senate passing a tax cut where 100% of the cut goes to the bottom 99% of taxpayers.  

24 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah, more tax cuts for the wealthy.

This will save the economy.  

And look.  While I was typing that post, somebody confirmed my prediction.  

trump would be that guy that moves in and blocks the view

i was in st pete one time early spring and there was no one on the beach. i mean no one.

and this couple comes up with their chairs and sits slike 25 feet right in front of us

i was dumbfounded. whole ****ing beach is empty they sat right in front of us

then the chick decided to start feeding the seagulls. this was when i started recording. the next 5 minutes were ****ing hilarious. i've never seen so many seagulls 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

If Trump wins in 2020, I am not sure what Dem is going to want the job in 2024.  The thankless job Obama did rebounding the Bush recession, I can only imagine how bad things will look as Trump exits. 

He will destroy us.

Trump pushing conspiracy theories hard right now. Of course it is all unfounded nonsense, but I assume he is prepping his base for if he loses in 2020. I still think he will leave, but he will try and plant the seeds of doubt anyway so he can pretend the he didn't actually lose and live to his dying days actually believing it.

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump pushing conspiracy theories hard right now. Of course it is all unfounded nonsense, but I assume he is prepping his base for if he loses in 2020. I still think he will leave, but he will try and plant the seeds of doubt anyway so he can pretend the he didn't actually lose and live to his dying days actually believing it.

You are much more optimistic than I am.

I think he'll cry foul, won't leave, and try like hell to touch off violence.

that is if somehow the election isn't already in the bag due to their opening the doors for foreign intrusion and poorly secured voting, of which i also have no faith at all won't happen.

i don't think Russia will let her puppet go so easily as in a democratic election.

~Bang

16 hours ago, visionary said:

Calling all Trump supporters....ya'll can kiss my ass.

Thanks a lot, now we're back to cold war style bull****, and Trump is just the dude to ramp up brinksmanship in order to thrust his mushroom dick in the world's face.

Now we just need a remake of "The Day After" so our kids can get some training on what to expect when nuclear armed tiny dicked egotists decide to play war.

22 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:
I guess those numbers that were fake under Obama but real under Trump are going back to being fake.

Bezos, is obviously reading my post. Hit me up, Jeff! This is probably the dumbest conspiracy to come out of the White House and right wing media.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Conway coming in spicy.

Read his opinion piece in WaPo today about him flipping, what hit me was him saying it wasnt about being in right side of history but making sure the right people were writing it in the future.  Dude saw the light at the end of that tunnel and realized it wasnt light, damn.

I am quite afraid of what a recession does. This isn’t 2007, when cooler heads on both the right and left managed to get an absolutely crap situation under control. 

Even a mild recession has the risk of spiraling out of control because Trump is first and foremost a self serving asshole, who will not put the country ahead of his own interests and needs. And their isn’t a lick of self awareness or desire to admit fault in your average GOP voter, who will mindlessly rregurgitate bull**** talking points and conspiracies rather than acknowledging reality.

16 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I am quite afraid of what a recession does. This isn’t 2007, when cooler heads on both the right and left managed to get an absolutely crap situation under control. 

Agreed, and it was a controversial solution because they panicked and jus threw a  bunch of money at the banks to keep them from collapsing (caught uninformed same way that lead to it happening in the first place). 

My only hope is someone will tell Trump if it gets bad enough that it will cost his company as well, that we wont be able to jus slither off and maintain the same lifestyle he was living before he took office.  Otherwise, I can see him doing nothing intentionally as long as he can to deny the problem then accept it and co tinue to do nothing to get property prices as low as he can to gobble them up once out of office. 

He ran to stoke his pride and make money, I dont see that changing no matter what happens, honestly, congress may have to go around him with veto proof bills.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Calling all Trump supporters....ya'll can kiss my ass.

Thanks a lot, now we're back to cold war style bull****, and Trump is just the dude to ramp up brinksmanship in order to thrust his mushroom dick in the world's face.

Now we just need a remake of "The Day After" so our kids can get some training on what to expect when nuclear armed tiny dicked egotists decide to play war.

too many dicks in here : )

to all:

remember that while we tend to give some latitude on some rules in this forum, depending on the context/details, you're still accountable for the calls you make

and some are not that good at doing the safety dance----that's where you're edgy, but phrase things that in a way that's passable....as the rules say, if you're unsure, play it safe

if you're willing to take the risk, that's cool,  but if you get flagged just don't pm us with any "but i saw tommy post..." crap cuz 9 out of 10 that will immediately sink you

It is only a matter of time before even right wing news sources can't deny the oncoming recession, so I am sure they are already concocting ways to explain how it is has nothing to do with Trump:

1: Trump's tax cuts limited the damage

2: It's all because the Dems took the house

3: Without Trump's policies the recession would have hit sooner and harder

4: We need to re-elect Trump to save us from this recession

5: It's Obama's fault for not having an even bigger economic recovery.

6: but her emails

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It is only a matter of time before even right wing news sources can't deny the oncoming recession, so I am sure they are already concocting ways to explain how it is has nothing to do with Trump:

1: Trump's tax cuts limited the damage

2: It's all because the Dems took the house

3: Without Trump's policies the recession would have hit sooner and harder

4: We need to re-elect Trump from this recession

5: It's Obama's fault for not having an even bigger economic recovery.

6: but her emails

The possibility that Trump may stop being President caused a global financial panic. 

Archived