Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Problem is, the same money funneled into the federal level is funneled into the state level. Here in PA, it's nearly as bad as at the federal level. 

No way, the lobbyists agree to overturn C.U. at this point. 

Lobbyists will do whatever they can to prevent the initiation of the process. In PA, the big industry would be the natural gas industry. 

I am aware of all of this.

But you have to at least try and not be scared.

This isn't an abortion amendment or something that polarizing. You have to fight for something.

19 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am well aware of all that.

You get a Dem congress and president, I think you can pass a constitutional amendment creating stronger campaign finance and overturning Citizens United. Instead of being shook, you have to try it.

This is hurting your credibility.  ;)

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

But you have to at least try and not be scared.

I agree, but the other point to consider is that campaign finance reform is great buzz word fodder for the campaign. Really neither party would seriously want major campaign reform. The dems like them some major big industry money too.

29 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am well aware of all that.

You get a Dem congress and president, I think you can pass a constitutional amendment creating stronger campaign finance and overturning Citizens United. Instead of being shook, you have to try it.

Still no way it'll go. You might get it through Congress IF and ONLY if you have a super majority, but the states aren't going to ratify. Hell we can't even get the equal ****ing rights amendment ratified by the states.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The first step would be to stop insiders from becoming lobbyists when they leave office (as AOC was proposing recently). It's ****ing stupid that they can get voted out and become rich lobbyists on day 1.

Many lobbyists aren't rich.  There are lots of people that work for government that when the government changes have to find jobs.  Lobbying gives them jobs that does not require them to drastically uproot their lives.

I know several people that work in science and go back and forth between government jobs and science advocacy jobs (e.g. lobbying) based on the administration and other factors.

Laws that affect their ability to go back and forth are going to impact their ability to work for government and realistically a new administrations ability to find experienced people capable of filling different roles.

I'm not saying there isn't something that needs to be done there, but I sometimes see people with no real previous experience (e.g. AOC before recently) make suggestions that just aren't really practical.

There are good people that want to make a living and support families that also want to help shape society and government in a positive way.  If they are going to be out of jobs and not able to relatively easily get new jobs based on an election changing things in DC, they will leave the government and the DC area and the government will be worse for it.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

How is Trump's cabinet these days? He doesn't have to fight to deregulate, he just needs to gut the regulatory bodies to the point that they can't do their jobs.

Bush didn't do that.

Trump is polar opposite of Reagan and Bush on immigration, both of them understood the big tent, and that hispanics tend to be more conservative leaning until some ****ing racists become the face of the party.

Bit unfair to compare LGBTQ issues on Trump and W/Ronnie because the last decade we've seen the most movement there.

Bush preached prolife judges but didn't appoint them to SCOTUS.

I'm pretty sure Reagan had at least a few agency heads whose qualification was publicly announcing that the agency shouldn't exist. And I'm absolutely certain that W did. (FEMA comes to mind). 

And do you really think abortion hasn't been a litmus test for SC appointees (for both parties), since Roe?  

Remember Harriet Meyers?  (Sp?)  W's long-time secretary, who he nominated for the SC?  When his own party offered mild objections, (Apparently, they wanted someone guaranteed ideologically loyal and competent), he defended his choice by publicly stating "Don't worry. I know how she feels about abortion."

19 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Many lobbyists aren't rich.  There are lots of people that work for government that when the government changes have to find jobs.  Lobbying gives them jobs that does not require them to drastically uproot their lives.

I know several people that work in science and go back and forth between government jobs and science advocacy jobs (e.g. lobbying) based on the administration and other factors.

Laws that affect their ability to go back and forth are going to impact their ability to work for government and realistically a new administrations ability to find experienced people capable of filling different roles.

I'm not saying there isn't something that needs to be done there, but I sometimes see people with no real previous experience (e.g. AOC before recently) make suggestions that just aren't really practical.

There are good people that want to make a living and support families that also want to help shape society and government in a positive way.  If they are going to be out of jobs and not able to relatively easily get new jobs based on an election changing things in DC, they will leave the government and the DC area and the government will be worse for it.

I'm speaking specifically about Senators and Reps though (and perhaps even their staff members). Personally, I don't want lobbyists working for them and for them to be lobbyists afterwards.

Edit..the 5 yr ban makes sense to me.

17 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What are the polls saying about who is still a registered or identified Republican? Because around here they aren't leaving in droves.

I'm still registered Republican *ducks and runs*

Here's my reasoning (no particular order except for #1) - 

1- laziness. 

2- ability to vote in primaries and vote moderate republican

3- in Hope's of magical encounter with Trump where I get to give him the business and when he tries to call me a lefty I can slap him in the face with my voters registration card

4- not wanting to admit that Trump has forever ruined what the GOP once was

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I gave them a lot longer than I should have.  My final straw was the muslim travel ban.

Oh.  Well that makes sense then.  Thanks.

I remember this night vividly. Your face was defeated and perplexed. I grabbed a friend and found a Muslim community center that was hosting a potluck (planned prior to ban) and just sat with them to show support. Amazingly....we were 2 of 15+ people in RED RED RED florida panhandle that showed up for the same reason.

You didn't go because you didn't know how to proceed since active duty.

3 hours ago, Mooka said:

Not gonna be easy.

Kavanaugh isn't just in there to protect Trump, he's in there to protect everyone's $$$.

Kennedy may have been the swing vite but he was the Citizens United author. Kavanaugh's his protege.

Conspiracy theory alert. 

Dr. Ford's accusations were somehow a weird plant. Purpose to ensure Kavanaugh knew 1st hand that false accusations are possible.

In the event Epstein thing actually goes to trial, convicted, yadda yada....and it goes to SCOTUS.....he now has insane sympathy and anger regarding his own accusations.

Wonder how quickly @TheGreatBuzz messages/calls me and tells me he changed his mind and I'm not allowed to share ES with him any more....

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure Reagan had at least a few agency heads whose qualification was publicly announcing that the agency shouldn't exist. And I'm absolutely certain that W did. (FEMA comes to mind). 

And do you really think abortion hasn't been a litmus test for SC appointees (for both parties), since Roe?  

Remember Harriet Meyers?  (Sp?)  W's long-time secretary, who he nominated for the SC?  When his own party offered mild objections, (Apparently, they wanted someone guaranteed ideologically loyal and competent), he defended his choice by publicly stating "Don't worry. I know how she feels about abortion."

Litmus test vs willing to over turn are two different things.

And Trump is peddling and amplifying the same bogus conspiracies that twa was spreading on this board about Omar. 

A cesspool of rotten brains. There is no coming back from this. This rot is here to stay.

Probably the most depressed and low I’ve felt during this Presidency. We are at the point where racism is enabled to the point that a sitting President is leading mobs to chant for the deportation of an American citizen. 

Something feels different, this feels like a major escalation of the hate and vitriol. 

One of the most shameful periods in our history. There is something seriously wrong with the people who see this and still support it. 

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

And Trump is peddling and amplifying the same bogus conspiracies that twa was spreading on this board about Omar. 

If that is what you got from that link it is more on you than me.

From a collection of poems produced and illustrated by DC middle schoolers at the Fillmore Center for the Arts in 1979 (I was included but not with this particular poem):

Ut0rpJ7.jpg

People, especially kids, have known for more than 40 years that DC and the politics therein are an infestation that needs to be exterminated.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Yes, you posting articles with racist garbage is everyone’s fault but yours. 

Eat ****. 

I don't have the acquired taste like most Dems, but thanks anyway.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yes, you posting articles with racist garbage is everyone’s fault but yours. 

Eat ****. 

well, gee, thanks for that...i just gt back and now i have to address this

so now what you have to do is go get me what post and link you're talking about and if i agree with your call, fine and if not, you're on  a break

go fetch....please :)

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I got more from it than just that but all the other crap was equally stupid.

These days we wade through the stupid......I'm not confident it will improve.

Archived