Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just wait until winter, look at this snow! 

checkmate libtards 

When we get one of our few cold snaps around here and the temp is 15 degrees:

”Man I wish we had a little global warming right now!  Harrrr!”

also worth noting... this got a lot of coverage on NPR, but I don't think I saw it here yet (may have just missed it)

The other night the house voted to censure Trump. Pelosi took the floor to discuss it. She called the remarks racist.

Which caused the GOP members to object and make a big stink about Pelosi being out of order.

(Apparently there's rules in the House about not making personal attacks, and that declaring someone or their actions or their remarks as 'racist' falls into the category of a personal attack.)

And yes, Pelosi technically did cross the line in regards to house rules.

But... she was also right. What Trump said was terrible and racist. And the discussion was completely warranted. 

And the GOP decided at that moment to pick nits with Pelosi's use of the word racist, to completely dodge the actual issue.

I think they've lost me as a voter for good. I cannot imagine how that party could do the reform necessary. I'm coming to the point where the only realistic outcome I see, for that political bloc, is to dissolve the GOP and the Republican brand and start anew. 

Is anybody surprised that Stephen Miller also used the term "cosmopolitan bias" in a back-and-forth with CNN's Jim Acosta a while back?  I would be surprised if the term WASN"T in Miller's lexicon.  (The exchange took place during a press briefing more famous for Miller pompously pontificating that the poem on the Statue of Liberty was tacked on later):

The Ugly History of Stephen Miller’s ‘Cosmopolitan’ Epithet

Surprise, surprise—the insult has its roots in Soviet anti-Semitism.

by Jeff Greenfeld

When TV news viewers saw Trump adviser Stephen Miller accuse Jim Acosta of harboring a “cosmopolitan bias” during Wednesday’s news conference, they might have wondered whether he was accusing the CNN White House reporter of an excessive fondness for the ****tail made famous on “Sex and the City.” It’s a term that’s seldom been heard in American political discourse. But to supporters of the Miller-Bannon worldview, it was a cause for celebration. Breitbart, where Steve Bannon reigned before becoming Trump’s chief political strategist, trumpeted Miller’s “evisceration” of Acosta and put the term in its headline. So did white nationalist Richard Spencer, who hailed Miller’s dust-up with Acosta as “a triumph.”

Why does it matter? Because it reflects a central premise of one key element of President Donald Trump’s constituency—a premise with a dark past and an unsettling present.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/03/the-ugly-history-of-stephen-millers-cosmopolitan-epithet-215454

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe my polisci is rusty but I cannot think of a good 21st century reason to allow Presidents free reign when it comes to criminality.

Why shouldn't they be charged while in office, if there are actual charges?

Yeah I'm not entirely sure that I understand the legal reasoning behind that DoJ directive. Maybe some of the resident ES lawyers (you cosmopolitan assholes) can shed some light.

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe my polisci is rusty but I cannot think of a good 21st century reason to allow Presidents free reign when it comes to criminality.

Why shouldn't they be charged while in office, if there are actual charges?

Because a trial and such would interfere with the duties , same reason congresscritters largely cannot be arrested during sessions

some unscrupulous persons might use it for political gain.

Impeachment is the remedy if the need is apparent, then charges

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The other night the house voted to censure Trump. Pelosi took the floor to discuss it. She called the remarks racist.

Which caused the GOP members to object and make a big stink about Pelosi being out of order.

(Apparently there's rules in the House about not making personal attacks, and that declaring someone or their actions or their remarks as 'racist' falls into the category of a personal attack.)

And yes, Pelosi technically did cross the line in regards to house rules.

The funny part about this story is that "racist" wasn't part of their out of order remarks until late 2016 when the GOP controlled house added it to the list of out of order remarks. 

Wonder what could have prompted that...

41 minutes ago, twa said:

Because a trial and such would interfere with the duties , same reason congresscritters largely cannot be arrested during sessions

some unscrupulous persons might use it for political gain.

Impeachment is the remedy if the need is apparent, then charges

So less time at Mar a Lago playing golf?

And if you have a Congress that is unwilling to put country over party? 

I do get the concept and how it was originally intended. But I also think we have broken system now in which spineless jellyfish would rather get their policies implemented and look the other way while the POTUS is openly committing financial (and other) felonies.

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And if you have a Congress that is unwilling to put country over party? 

That works both ways, and why we have elections.....this too shall pass.

56 minutes ago, twa said:

That works both ways, and why we have elections.....this too shall pass.

But wait, that completely negates the point you just made a while ago about impeachment. On one hand you say "that's why we have impeachment" but when challenged about what to do when that process is essentially broken you just shrug and say "well, that's why we have elections".

Would you have said the same thing if Obama had been lining his own pockets via the presidency, had been directly implicated in a hush money felony during his campaign, and was blatantly obstructing justice (let's say in the Benghazi probe) right out in the open for all to see? C'mon now. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But wait, that completely negates the point you just made a while ago about impeachment. On one hand you say "that's why we have impeachment" but when challenged about what to do when that process is essentially broken you just shrug and say "well, that's why we have elections".

Would you have said the same thing if Obama had been lining his own pockets via the presidency, had been directly implicated in a hush money felony during his campaign, and was blatantly obstructing justice (let's say in the Benghazi probe) right out in the open for all to see? C'mon now. 

We  have elections to remedy congress putting party before country, as in not impeaching if needed OR impeaching for partisan reasons.

I've called for the last three Presidents to be impeached :pint:, 4 of the last five even.

Can't recall for sure on HW, but since he was a one termer I might not have.

41 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If 9/11 happened when I was in Junior High or high school; it would've been hell for me.

Simple fact, a lot of white people hate non-whites.

Most of my friends in high school and college were minorities.  When 9/11 happened, my 3rd semester in college I was with my minority friends.  I hung out with 4 Muslims, and Asian and a Hindu (all Americanized of course) and watched the coverage.  We were all equally awestruck.  There was no hatred there, at that point in time.

Archived