Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Advanced issues found

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

So... i don't see the point in quoting anyone specific, but... RE: Graham

Why do you all think Trump "has something" on him? This implies that Graham has some sense of morals and decency that he has suspended because he's being blackmailed.

That is, in an odd way, a compliment to Graham's character and such... You're basically saying, aside from this awful thing that's being held over his head, he would actually condemn Trump for various things.... And I just don't see where anyone is getting this from.

Because there is a difference between some of the folks who are walking past the press with no comment or "I didn't see the rally" and those who are loudly defending Donald. I don't think he's a man of morals and ethics. He's shown that for years. But to go that extra mile and attach himself to a President is extraordinary. To me that says the risk of going down with Donald is only 2nd worse than whatever Donald could do to him. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

... He's just a spineless politician that really likes being...

which is what you can say about all of them. Christy, Ryan, Romney, Graham, etc.

Remember when Romney was trying to lead the whole movement against Trump? At one point they were talking about rigging the convention to not select him?

Sure as **** took that meeting to be in his administration, didn't he?

And then it turned out the entire meeting was Trump just embarrassing the hell out of him in public.

I remember when it broke that Trump was just screwing with him. I laughed so hard. That's exactly what Romney deserved, to be completely embarrassed for being a spineless piece of garbage.

What's worse... these guys actually get away with it. People don't see it. It works. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm with @tshile.  I don't think anybody has anything that compromises Ol' Lindsey.  He's just a spineless politician that really likes being the senior Senator from South Carolina, and given (1) the fact that Trump is really popular among SC voters and (2) his previous statements condemning Trump on a variety of topics, he knows he has to work extra hard to ... what's the phrase I'm looking for here .... ah yes, LICK TRUMPS BALLS so he gets reelected.  

Yeah I think there are really only a couple of possibilities. One is that Lindsey truly is compromised and they have something on him, the second is that he's just a 100% pure politician bereft of any moral compass whatsoever and who will go with whatever he believes is the current strongest hand, which is Trump. The main goal of most politicians is staying in power and he knows that if he goes against Trump he'll get primaried and possibly voted out of office. It was fine for Lindsey to criticize Trump during the campaign because he figured that Trump would either not get the nomination or if he did he would never get elected. Then it happened and he realized he had to backpedal with a quickness. 

I definitely think it's more likely to be the second option...partially because getting compromising information and blackmailing someone would require a few things that the Trumpbarts have shown themselves to be exceedingly incompetent at: organizing, strategy, and keeping secrets. 

re: the idea of using that Graham clip in 2020 campaigns. Oh yes, do that, along with every other soundbite from every elected GOP official, including those that were formerly in his cabinet.  Make a highlight reel about their legitimate opinion(s) on Trump.   Do not let them hide from their own truth.

@@SkinsGoldPants

first, you having an @ symbol in your name screwed me up badly trying to tag you

second, i can't quote your post it's all jacked up.

but, I would contend that "being primaried out of senate seat" is all Trump really needed to "have over" him to get him to change his ways.

i recognize i'm being overly negative about him. it's just how I've felt about it for a while

I just had to remind myself that we still have 16 months of this campaign left. Assuming Trump stays on the "play to the base" theme for the rest of the campaign, the closer we get to the election the more outrageous he will get, especially if polls continue to show him losing. At this rate I truly wouldn't be all that surprised if he's literally calling black people n***ers by the time the election rolls around.

I mean...are there really many lower places he can go besides that? Telling a minority American citizen to "go back to where you came from" is basically one run above straight up racial slurs. 

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

re: the idea of using that Graham clip in 2020 campaigns. Oh yes, do that, along with every other soundbite from every elected GOP official, including those that were formerly in his cabinet.  Make a highlight reel about their legitimate opinion(s) on Trump.   Do not let them hide from their own truth.

Right. You can create a campaign against him by using ONLY the people who are pretending they didn't say this stuff before. 

Then who does he attack? Don't even need to show your candidate. Just the clips of GOP bashing Trump as a fat, lying, cheating, racist. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

mean...are there really many lower places he can go besides that?

um

i mean i've asked myself this like 20 times since the 2016 election and then basically stopped because they answer is always yes.

always. yes.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

@@SkinsGoldPants

first, you having an @ symbol in your name screwed me up badly trying to tag you

second, i can't quote your post it's all jacked up.

but, I would contend that "being primaries out of senate seat" is all Trump really needed to "have over" him to get him to change his ways.

i recognize i'm being overly negative about him. it's just how I've felt about it for a while

Well, follow me on twitter. Most that feed auto-populates with Skins news. I set it up so I don't have to look all over the place for the stories.

I get what you're saying. I just think this how organized crime works. You blackmail your allies and your enemies. We know Trump went out of his way to get the Jerry Falwell poolboy/wife info. Then all the sudden Falwell is a diehard Trump supporter? Come on. Now he's stuck because he can't admit that's why is doing what he did. It's lose/lose for him. Cohen and Manafort probably dug up dirt on as many GOP leaders as possible so they could be shown what would come out if they didn't roll over for him.

Yeah I would basically have a campaign message something along the lines of being warned about Trump.........by the GOP itself, and then run off all the soundbites.  End by saying that they were absolutely right about this man, in fact he is even worse than they could predict, and then play Trump's soundbites.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

um

i mean i've asked myself this like 20 times since the 2016 election and then basically stopped because they answer is always yes.

always. yes.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything left in between "go back to where you came from" and literally yelling racial slurs. I suppose there may be a couple more things in there, but not much. Then again, Trump has shown himself to be somewhat adept at saying straight up racist/awful things but figuring out a way to give himself a little deniability so he'd never just come out and say it. He'd say something like "People have said AOC is a dirty wetback. i didn't, but some people have". 

51 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything left in between "go back to where you came from" and literally yelling racial slurs. I suppose there may be a couple more things in there, but not much. Then again, Trump has shown himself to be somewhat adept at saying straight up racist/awful things but figuring out a way to give himself a little deniability so he'd never just come out and say it. He'd say something like "People have said AOC is a dirty wetback. i didn't, but some people have". 

Between now and 2020, you can expect a deluge of dumb, bull**** conspiracies.

Some maybe racial and ethnic in nature:

Birtherism, Sharia takeover, Great white displacement etc etc

Others are just low IQ catering: 

Climate change is a hoax, pizzagate, Qanon

The one uniting factor within the right is that any single person believes at least one completely dumb conspiracy and at some level is detached from reality.

I know it seems bleak, but his base eats this up...just his base. His base isn't large enough to get him reelected, that is why he doubling back and in a way, alienating his own base. However, don't worry, he didn't backtrack because it was the right thing to do. Trump did it because someone told him to do it, he'll go back to his old rhetoric soon enough. He gave the Dems the "dagger" to end "Caesar", lets see if they have the balls to actually use the damn thing. 

I'm actually glad they delayed the Mueller testimony a week, add his racist tendencies to the mix. I mean, Bobby is under oath and has to know something, right. Just tread lightly and know what questions to ask. I've heard that Mueller doesn't tend to stray for from what he is supposed to testify about, but I don't think this man wants his legacy defined as a defender of one of the worst showings of democracy in modern history. Lets see if Mueller makes a stand! I would like it, but I think Pelosi is betting way too hard on this as well.

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

the part i bolded---i get the provocation you felt but resist that type of "back atcha" next time would be my suggestion

um , remember guys, you can report posts and if you think that's some form of "lame" to do, it's actually what we ask you to do and it's a lot better than members just "handling it" themselves as you may get banned doing it your way and some mods get very annoyed when they see obvious rule violations not being reported even as people gripe about the offending post (this is not the case here, just saying)

You got it, completely understand.

Archived