Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Most of my friends in high school and college were minorities.  When 9/11 happened, my 3rd semester in college I was with my minority friends.  I hung out with 4 Muslims, and Asian and a Hindu (all Americanized of course) and watched the coverage.  We were all equally awestruck.  There was no hatred there, at that point in time.

I grew up in West Virginia . Always picked on. 9/11 would've made thing worse for me.

Only time in West Virginia where it was fine, was when I went to Marshall. People left you alone in college,  though I did get stuck with a racist dorm mate for a brief time my junior year. I ended up moving out into an apartment.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If 9/11 happened when I was in Junior High or high school; it would've been hell for me.

Simple fact, a lot of white people hate non-whites.

I so want to argue this, but my faith has been disabused. 

What I will try to believe is that most people are good and generally non-racist, but the squeaky wheel... that loud minority overshadows all the decent people. Even so, my current perception of Americans is that at least a quarter of us are dangerously racist or are sympathetic to racist views. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I so want to argue this, but my faith has been disabused. 

What I will try to believe is that most people are good and generally non-racist, but the squeaky wheel... that loud minority overshadows all the decent people. Even so, my current perception of Americans is that at least a quarter of us are dangerously racist or are sympathetic to racist views. 

If you include all races here in that quarter I might agree with you, though I think the dangerously ones are below 10%.

33 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is, of course, corruption in its most basic form.  My personal friend has a friend that needs help.  I will use my official position of power to help that friend.  

I'm all for a President trying to help out American citizens who get in trouble overseas.  I guess it's too bad that Jamal Khashoggi wasn't friends with Kanye. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Most of my friends in high school and college were minorities.  When 9/11 happened, my 3rd semester in college I was with my minority friends.  I hung out with 4 Muslims, and Asian and a Hindu (all Americanized of course) and watched the coverage.  We were all equally awestruck.  There was no hatred there, at that point in time.

When 9/11 happened my roommates girlfriend from Richmond called our dorm and demanded that I tell her what was going on, becuase I'm half-Moroccan and I should know the "inside-scoop".

35 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Remember "there's my african-american"? Thats Kanye

I got words for these two that i cant necessarily say around everybody

Those words are in the dictionary. What, are you saying you can't hold up a dictionary around everybody anymore?

“Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, 'regretted,' that unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these 'little measures'... must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing - each act is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join you in resisting somehow.

You don't want to act, or even talk, alone; you don't want to 'go out of your way to make trouble.' But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That's the difficulty. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves, when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. You have accepted things you would not have accepted five years ago, a year ago, things your father could never have imagined."

From Milton Mayer, They Thought They Were Free, The Germans, 1938-45 (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1955)

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

FiveThirtyEight’s aggregate has him at 42.7 approval. 

So he’s touting one conservative leaning poll, right? 

My hope (which is as likely as a cool day in Hell) is that his 50% approval was taken in a poll only consisting of likely Republican voters. :kickcan:

Archived