Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, I get that a lot of the Obama spending was necessary due to the economy that he inherited. Still, the deficit was higher when he left office than it ever was under Bush. I’m sure a GOP talking head would  gloss over the impact of the Bush economy on the Obama deficit which would be disingenuous of course. Also disingenuous to attribute 100% of it to Bush though.

It's certainly a valid point that a $600B deficit isn't something to brag about.  

I do think context matters, though, too.  It's a fact that the way we budget, a bad economy causes the federal deficit to expand.  (And I assert that we want it to be so.  The expanding deficit lessens the impact of the economic downturn, and stimulates a faster recovery.)  When Obama left, the economy still wasn't exactly great.  (Better, yes, but not great.).  I think that explains a part of that number.  (But not all.)  

(And I'll point out - we've now almost doubled that deficit, in what we're supposed to believe is the greatest economy in history.  You think W's deficits were bad, just wait till we have a W-sized economic crisis.  Which some people are saying we might have, in the next few years, since we obligingly went and once again got rid of the laws we had in place to prevent over-leveraging, just like we did right before W's crisis.)  

trump is obviously a traitor to the country. The GOP is complicit in assisting him because they are benefiting from Russian interference. Anyone that calls themselves an American that is unwilling to look at the overwhelming evidence is a traitor to this country!

5 hours ago, Larry said:

(And I'll point out - we've now almost doubled that deficit, in what we're supposed to believe is the greatest economy in history.  You think W's deficits were bad, just wait till we have a W-sized economic crisis.  Which some people are saying we might have, in the next few years, since we obligingly went and once again got rid of the laws we had in place to prevent over-leveraging, just like we did right before W's crisis.)  

Didn't Bush somehow keep the cost of the war off the books of his deficit as well, and Obama added that back on the way it had always been before?  

Also re: the economy, what we are going through right now is the last throws of Obama's recovery, but things are slowing down again.  Trump's policies are what will effect the economy in the coming years.   Nothing much changed about the economy from the time Obama left office to now besides the slowing.  All the flaws of the Obama recovery that the GOP pretended to be concerned about before Trump was elected, are now magically being buried because Trump is reaping the benefits on the economy issue. 

55 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This dude really standing in front of a Russian seal and that ****s funny to people? 

Inapways go go back here but got damn imagine if Obama did something similar. 

I think the people are laughing at the audacity and the poor timing of the whole thing, not like there would be a good time to do that. 

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Also re: the economy, what we are going through right now is the last throws of Obama's recovery, but things are slowing down again.  Trump's policies are what will effect the economy in the coming years.   Nothing much changed about the economy from the time Obama left office to now besides the slowing.  All the flaws of the Obama recovery that the GOP pretended to be concerned about before Trump was elected, are now magically being buried because Trump is reaping the benefits on the economy issue. 

Itll be interesting to see what the 2Q GDP numbers are tomorrow. Consensus was that 1Q was going to reflect slowing and instead we got a 3.1 percent growth rate. Forecasts are calling for the number to be around 2 percent for 2Q, but I bet it comes in higher again.

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Didn't Bush somehow keep the cost of the war off the books of his deficit as well, and Obama added that back on the way it had always been before?

No.  

W kept the costs of his wars out of his budget proposals.  His forecasts for what the deficits were going to be, in the future.  But the numbers reported for the previous year's deficits were the actual numbers.  Yes, the federal deficit really did explode.  

They exploded before Obama was elected.  And they exploded because the economy tanked, not because of anything Obama/Congress did.  (Well, there were some things they did, which contributed a little.  But not much.)  So the GOP attempts to portray this as Obama exploding the deficit are simply a part of FNCU cannon.  

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its so easy to get to Trump if you are a foreign power its actually funny. Either be a chick or have money. Thats it. Hes available. 

Or just say nice things about him.  So, a willingness to be dishonest is basically a key to America (and a blank check for murder) right now.  

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Or just say nice things about him.  So, a willingness to be dishonest is basically a key to America (and a blank check for murder) right now.  

Its crazy. I just got out of an Insider Threat/ personnel security meeting and literally everything they said was applicable to him. Its really scary when you think about what could be happening. And when you match it up with what we know already has happened it makes you wonder how bad it realistically could get. Reality Winner was a nobody in the grand scheme of things and she did damage. Trump has all the power in the world, literally, and we cant trust him at all. ****s wild man

What is remarkable is that his cult cannot see this at all. They truly believe that he has America's interests in mind with everything he does. When presented with evidence that shows he will whore himself out to the highest bidder directly against America's interests, they as a cult should do, claim "fake news". Goebbels would be very proud of what trump has done.

Archived