Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

As far as the criticism of @Force1958 goes, we do have a thread about understanding Trump supporters. Maybe more of those comments could go there and we return to more comments about Trump cabinet members, policies, etc. in this one.

I mean I've been guilty of responding to some statements myself, but this thread shouldn't become about any one member. I think there is value in having him defend a specific position or explain why he supports it (for example, I asked if he supported the planned use of eminnent domain by the President to forcibly remove US citizens from their homes to build his wall,)  but some of this other talk seems off base. 

Image result for debbie downer animated gif

But you're correct.

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

As far as the criticism of @Force1958 goes, we do have a thread about understanding Trump supporters. Maybe more of those comments could go there and we return to more comments about Trump cabinet members, policies, etc. in this one.

I mean I've been guilty of responding to some statements myself, but this thread shouldn't become about any one member. I think there is value in having him defend a specific position or explain why he supports it (for example, I asked if he supported the planned use of eminnent domain by the President to forcibly remove US citizens from their homes to build his wall,)  but some of this other talk seems off base. 

I actually was curious about people's response to the McCabe interview yesterday and not only the aspersions cast on Trump, but Sessions too (though it really isn't a surprise that Jeff Sessions let racism guide his thinking).

I'm fine with folks posting stuff and defending Trump, but if they bring that MAGA bull****, I'm not going to respond well to it. I have a zero tolerance for sloped forehead garbage that I refuse to tolerate or even entertain. If he wants to explain and defend a policy that's fine, it's just not what we see too often.

But then with Trump as a walking blathering contradiction it's almost impossible to defend a position he's taking because he's all over the place, and none of his positions are in line with the Conservatism that the GOP says they prize. All we get instead is cultish behavior or naive denial from happless whelps pretending to be informed.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You mean something like Obama sympathy not apology for US nuking Japan in World War II, or an actual speech?  Does it have to be in PDF format?  

I'll respect how much that matters to you so hopefully you respect mine. They could apologize until they are blue in the face, action still needs to be taken now, in the meantime, and after that.  That's happening, even Trump signed a Criminal Reform bill.

My dad keeps telling me this isn't the 60s in regards to race relations and police brutality in this country, I believe him, I wasn't there.  I know the DOJ's Ferguson report would've never happened in the 60s, though.

I am confused. This isn't an either-or. I said this nation won't even apologize/address its prior sins. I am not saying an apology would make everything go away.

And you had a black president and AG pull those strings. That is progress, but then that black president was the most ridiculed and disrespected and delegitimized president we have ever had despite winning the popular vote in two elections and running a clean administration.

Many Whites, including some on this forum, didn't like that and brought in The Joker. 

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

Willful ignorance is offensive.

~Bang

32 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I'm fine with folks posting stuff and defending Trump, but if they bring that MAGA bull****, I'm not going to respond well to it. I have a zero tolerance for sloped forehead garbage that I refuse to tolerate or even entertain. If he wants to explain and defend a policy that's fine, it's just not what we see too often.

But then with Trump as a walking blathering contradiction it's almost impossible to defend a position he's taking because he's all over the place, and none of his positions are in line with the Conservatism that the GOP says they prize. All we get instead is cultish behavior or naive denial from happless whelps pretending to be informed.

I agree with that too.

4 hours ago, Force1958 said:

So sad how you can have so much hate for one man.  He's your POTUS, so maybe show just a little bit of respect.  If you're not from the US, then do what you want.  

Oh really? Is this a principal of yours, showing respect for the POTUS?

And how do I reconcile this with the fact that you voted for a man that spent 8 years badmouthing the President and perpetuating bull**** conspiracy theories about his nationality? It’s almost like you’re full of it. Like you don’t believe anything that you claim to believe and just say **** because it sounds better than “-R good... -D bad”.

7 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

@LD0506 and @Bang you guys are lucky. This is what I get in my town...literally my town...where I live...right now.

This happened in 2015 and I still remember what is said about it.

I guess it's all about perspective, YOU are lucky because you live somewhere that the least little bit of normal human compassion and interaction might have an effect all out of proportion to mine......

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm guessing @LD0506 is talking about a neighborhood in the DMV area.  We're lucky in this area to have so much diversity.  I grew up around here and have never experienced a lot of stuff you hear about.  

I'm actually in Delawhere? (Thank you for visiting our tollbooth! Come again!) It is........well, strange in many ways, it may be the most socially incestuous place I've ever been, and has a ton of "good old days" toxicity, but even here headway is being made.

But even in the most adamantly backward places the media seeps in, even with the sound muted they see a parade of people, different smiling happy people from all across the spectrum and they WILL wonder eventually. Slow change is deeper change. This is why it actually was a big deal to get interracial couples and gays and the whole sheebang into commercial advertising. Corporations didn't do it because they had some epiphany and their hearts grew three sizes that day, they did it for the bottom line, and the bottom line is that you will represent and respect the diversity of the populace or you will suffer the consequences. Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is still doing the right thing.

Oh,and Force came back and I missed it! Score! Gonna go buy a lottery ticket.................

5 hours ago, Force1958 said:

So sad how you can have so much hate for one man.  He's your POTUS, so maybe show just a little bit of respect.  

In a subsequent post you claimed that you "hate Hillary, and could never vote for her, not in a million years."

And while I can see how people could view some of the things Hillary did in the past as very shady, you can make the same case for Trump. And if Hillary had been elected, there's be no way she would've been as openly divisive as Trump has been on a daily basis with his tweets. But I won't belabor that, since you at least have acknowledged Trump's faults in this regard. But you have to see how people on here feel the way towards Trump based on the tweet barrages the past two years that you apparently feel towards Hillary.  

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hes like that dude you know that has great stories but they’re obviously fake

you don’t even call him out anymore you just nod in an attempt to move the conversation along

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We've taken a step back in race relations lately, but that's still nothing compared to what we did with trail of tears or screaming at black kids going into a whites only school for the first time.

"Nothing to compare with"?    

How long ago was it, when the primary GOP "get out the vote" tactic was "there's an issue on the ballot to amend the constitution to prohibit the government from not discriminating against gays"?  "Bathroom laws" ring a bell?  

"Transgender ban"?  looks like, when it comes down to a contest between "support our troops" and "let's discriminate against the different folks" collide, guess which one wins?  

We literally have people in this country showing up to march behind Nazi flags, to celebrate the fact that their side won.  When one of them attempts to commit mass murder, the President (the  person who they were celebrating to the protest, as "our guy won") defends them.  

And yeah, some prominent Republicans expressed mild disapproval, and said that they wish that they'd left the Nazi flags at home.  

Doesn't look like it's that far of a reach, to compare to segregation rallies.

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am confused. This isn't an either-or. I said this nation won't even apologize/address its prior sins. I am not saying an apology would make everything go away.

And you had a black president and AG pull those strings. That is progress, but then that black president was the most ridiculed and disrespected and delegitimized president we have ever had despite winning the popular vote in two elections and running a clean administration.

Many Whites, including some on this forum, didn't like that and brought in The Joker. 

Just trying to gauge how important an apology really was to making any headway on these issues.  

I don't believe we're in agreement with what we have accomplished and can accomplish without doing that, and did acknowledge the backlash to Obama getting elected.  That backlash lead to the most diverse class of congress members we've ever seen, it comes across like you feel we've gotten no where, I can't feel that way looking at the diversity in who's going to be running against Trump and the overwhelming support for it.  Let's say Biden doesn't run or people admit Bernie is too old, this could be the third Democratic presidential nomination in a row that wasn't some old white guy.  That's a big deal, at least it should be.

I'm not trying to deligitmize your frustration, but you're a lot more pessimistic about where we are then I am, and that's cool, really it is.  

Image result for police shootings statistics graph

http://www.cjcj.org/news/8113

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

"Nothing to compare with"?    

How long ago was it, when the primary GOP "get out the vote" tactic was "there's an issue on the ballot to amend the constitution to prohibit the government from not discriminating against gays"?  "Bathroom laws" ring a bell?  

"Transgender ban"?  looks like, when it comes down to a contest between "support our troops" and "let's discriminate against the different folks" collide, guess which one wins?  

We literally have people in this country showing up to march behind Nazi flags, to celebrate the fact that their side won.  When one of them attempts to commit mass murder, the President (the  person who they were celebrating to the protest, as "our guy won") defends them.  

And yeah, some prominent Republicans expressed mild disapproval, and said that they wish that they'd left the Nazi flags at home.  

Doesn't look like it's that far of a reach, to compare to segregation rallies.

Ya, and I think of when they wanted to organize a Nazi march in DC a minute ago and the counter protest was larger.  That wasn't the case in 1925, today that got the Republicans their ass kicked just a couple months ago at the polls.  We aren't dealing with the same level of racism we used to in the past, its just more obvious that it never went away and I'm going to keep saying that it never will, just have less influence on our policies.

5 hours ago, Force1958 said:

I agree that simply voting for a president shouldn't negatively affect a friendship.  It did for these 3.  It's just sad and petty in the end.  I've tried to reach out to them since election day 2016, but have gotten no reply.

If you had any ability for self reflection (which I doubt) you'd realize that if you are forced to chase after friends at all much less ones who apparently abandoned you several years ago then the problem is most likely yours.

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If you had any ability for self reflection (which I doubt) you'd realize that if you are forced to chase after friends at all much less ones who apparently abandoned you several years ago then the problem is most likely yours.

I will say as the son and grandson of Holocaust survivors I would have a huge difficulty forgiving anyone , even a friend, who accepted child interment camps as okay. That's probably be a deal breaker. There are several things that Trump has done and championed that impact how I look at those who support him. You say to yourself, "How can you be a part of that! How can you be okay with that! Who are you if you stand by knowing he did that!

In the past, I have disagreed with Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Obama... you name it, but have friends across the spectrum who have supported all of these guys. I enjoy debating with friends from all sorts of ideologies, learning from them and teaching them. Sometimes, they've been proven right. Often, I have.

Trump's a bit different. It's not simply a matter of disagreeing with economic policy, enviornmental policy, education policy, foreign policy, etc. It's that he engages in actions that are outright unqualified evil. He has gone out of his way to defend, quote, and prop up evil actors. So, it becomes really tough to see how someone can support Trump because he represents evil.... and bad, awful, destructive, really stupid ideas.

Just trying to gauge how important an apology really was to making any headway on these issues

My point is that this country won’t even apologize for their atrocities. It is not at all interested in creating policy that brings about equity because It’s not interested in saying it was terrible.

I don't believe we're in agreement with what we have accomplished and can accomplish without doing that, and did acknowledge the backlash to Obama getting elected.  That backlash lead to the most diverse class of congress members we've ever seen, it comes across like you feel we've gotten no where, I can't feel that way looking at the diversity in who's going to be running against Trump and the overwhelming support for it.  Let's say Biden doesn't run or people admit Bernie is too old, this could be the third Democratic presidential nomination in a row that wasn't some old white guy.  That's a big deal, at least it should be.

I don’t need tokenism. I need actual policy and progress. We had Obama for 8 years and dude was basically what we had the prior 50 years minus the criminality in his administration. If Hillary was elected, I’m sure she would have continued the tradition of the American President.

CE06D3AF-937A-4FB6-8B30-ABA5CFC64516.jpeg

Archived