Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

59 minutes ago, twa said:

sure, the power is certainly in POTUS and granted by Congress.

There is also the matter of who has standing and whether anything can be stopped before money from the emergency funds is actually spent.

Good point on him trying to spend the money before someone stops him.  I don't think he's smart enough to get that approved first in court, what are they gonna do, make him put the money back?  He's going to lose this case because he kept undercutting it, but what can they really do if he's done something unconstitutional but money is already gone outside use court order to stop him from spending it (which i imagine is being worked on as we speak)

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Like administering medicine to the dead sometimes. 

What I meant by that is people might as well go to "Phase three", whatever that is, because it's simply unrealistic to expect the reasoned, non "drive by" response people seem to want (or say they do) with that many people piling on.

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Like administering medicine to the dead sometimes.  I wish i knew if the count down clock was linked to 2020 or Mueller Report because I'm ready to not be able to stop staring at it.  Any reason to believe this national emergency won't just die in court and further waste everyone's time?

weekend.png

I hate Trump.

That's no secret revealed.

The thing that Inhate most about him is that he has revealed things in my family, friends, and neighbors that are disgusting, anti-American, racist, authoritarian, or otherwise just repulsive.

These were people I might have just disagreed with, but now I find that they desipse me, they want everything I hate. 

Now, I'm left with the knowledge that people who surround me support a repulsive ideology of pseudo-Christian nationalist racist militant authoritarian sharia satanic theocracy.

No one of them is all of it, but too many are more than a few. And that makes me sad.

We'll talk about it has done to my faith another time.

5 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I hate Trump.

That's no secret revealed.

The thing that Inhate most about him is that he has revealed things in my family, friends, and neighbors that are disgusting, anti-American, racist, authoritarian, or otherwise just repulsive.

These were people I might have just disagreed with, but now I find that they desipse me, they want everything I hate. 

Now, I'm left with the knowledge that people who surround me support a repulsive ideology of pseudo-Christian nationalist racist militant authoritarian sharia satanic theocracy.

No one of them is all of it, but too many are more than a few. And that makes me sad.

We'll talk about it has done to my faith another time.

BUT!

Is Trump to blame for that really? Did he actually cause any of it? Change one single decent person into a raving morlock?

Nope, he and his cabal just empowered it, made it acceptable to come out of the shadows and be that

And as hard as it might be to see, I'd rather know the truth behind the masks, to finally see that this is the reality of our country, that this vicious river of poison still runs through it, because IMO you cannot begin to address it until you know it exists

Small consolation I know, I find so much of it repulsive but ultimately by virtue of it ALL coming out into the light we have the chance to drain it and heal someday

51 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

BUT!

Is Trump to blame for that really? Did he actually cause any of it? Change one single decent person into a raving morlock?

Nope, he and his cabal just empowered it, made it acceptable to come out of the shadows and be that

And as hard as it might be to see, I'd rather know the truth behind the masks, to finally see that this is the reality of our country, that this vicious river of poison still runs through it, because IMO you cannot begin to address it until you know it exists

Small consolation I know, I find so much of it repulsive but ultimately by virtue of it ALL coming out into the light we have the chance to drain it and heal someday

I don't know man, ignorance was bliss.

I don't even know how you heal this. We're 1 generation removed from Selma and lunch counter sit-ins, and yet it seems we're no farther along.

I mean how do you change this because it's obviously being taught generationally.

It's called Freedom of Expression MOTHER ****ER! 

It's the same damned thing that allows Faux News to polish your knob 24-7 and Rush to lie for decades, and Alex Jones to spew his filth.

"Without retribution"

Dear god....

Where all our freedom loving Constitutionalist Republicans at?!

Hello? Is this thing on????

tap...tap...tap.....

I hear ya ASF but things have changed, incrementally, glacially even but that's how change works. There has been a titanic amount of change just in our lifetime, gotta take the long view to see it.

Just from my own little world here, things I see and hear personally.

I live in a neighborhood that has a substantial number of "old" people, neighbors that have been here (in some cases) since the 50's. Being the kinda loud gregarious guy that I am, I know most of them, talk and touch base a lot, and I have heard more than once about those "good old days", they talk about the first "other" family to move in here, they muse about when the neighborhood was lily white and how it isn't anymore. Interestingly enough, they are seeing these changes and coming to understand that just maybe some of those "good old days" weren't all that good in some ways, that the black families here have become very good neighbors, that the hispanic families are so openly loving to their families,etc., and a couple wonder what might have been........

My friend Tony, who just hit 70, tells me of attending his granddaughter's graduation and comments not only how diverse the students were but what a range there was in the crowd, and how comfortable they were interacting and sharing pics of their kids, being introduced to one another, etc.

All of our kids, the younger generations are growing up in a world where they go to school and play and interact daily with a wide range of other kids and they simply don't "get" what all the fuss is about. Trying to explain the furor over gay marriage or interracial couples on TV ads is like telling them about getting an operator to place a call, it's an echo from the past that makes no sense and has no place in their lives. These kids are not going to be turned into "Blood and soil" tiki torchers.

Kids growing up in the isolated enclaves where everyone is still lily white and very vocal about it see the rest of the world, they see what's happening elsewhere and know it ain't happening where they're at. Yeah, some will give into the fear and hatred but an awful lot of them will boogie as soon as they get a chance. The arc of history, yanno?

All the traffic is one direction, the overwhelming majority of people are traveling towards the future, and those being left behind because they refuse to accept ___________(fill in the blank) are screaming and squirming at the prospect, even as they cling to their denials of how it isn't their fault.

The angst and ire spewing up these days is precisely because they know the battle is lost, they know that their lies are being outed, their rhetoric is falling on deaf ears and their children are going to leave and never look back. This is the dying of many old ways, but it is simplistic to think it would just go quietly with some dignity. Loud with no dignity is pretty much the definition of a lot of it so why start now?

Take a breath, take a break, do whatever you need to reinvigorate yourself for the long haul.

We may look back on this passage in a generation and actually be grateful that it happened, that it took this to finally slay the old dragons and spark the next rebirth of this country.

I agree. I have seen change. Especially in the generations coming up now.

Ugly is always loud, when it comes out a relatively small number of people can cause a lot of trouble.

People are also clannish, and will follow the herd way more often than we'd like to admit. Natural prejudices can be coaxed up with proper prodding. Many people are simply fearful of not being part of the group.

~Bang

19 hours ago, Force1958 said:

Just a bunch of the usual misdirected nonsense

Honestly,,  the first plank in your platform. supply and demand.

"what are you talking about" he says.

Go learn the most basic principles behind supply and demand economics. Go figure out why drugs pour in from anywhere. (hint: the answer is not "Because this is where they can".)

And you want to be my latex salesman.,.

~Bang

@LD0506 and @Bang you guys are lucky. This is what I get in my town...literally my town...where I live...right now.

This happened in 2015 and I still remember what is said about it.

https://www.wickedblog.com/2015/05/17/danville-high-school-trades-christian-prayer-for-islamic-chants-and-praise-of-allah-at-baccalaureate/

She was until Feb 8th the Communications Chairperson for the local GOP.

I'm guessing @LD0506 is talking about a neighborhood in the DMV area.  We're lucky in this area to have so much diversity.  I grew up around here and have never experienced a lot of stuff you hear about.  

But if you go to different parts of the country it's different.  My buddy who grew up in Montgomery County moved to Lexington, KY with his wife because her family is there and the COL there, and he rarely sees any non-white people.  He said it was pretty shocking to him the first few months there because he just wasn't used to it.

Then in the DMV area if you go to any rich area, you're going to see mainly white people.  I was at a birthday party on Saturday at River Bend Country Club in Great Falls and hell even I felt weird there, as a pretty well off middle class white guy.  It just isn't my scene and that just isn't the kind of place I enjoy being around.  The only non-white person there was a friend of ours, who also happens to be a trainer at River Bend (and that is why he was invited to the party basically) and I was talking to him, and he said that there is like one black family that he's seen there and then a handful of asians and indians.  Other than that, it's just straight up white. 

So I just think that the DMV area is a great place to grow up as far as diversity goes and we're just not exposed to what a lot of the country is exposed to in that sense.

EDIT:

This is totally anecdotal, but my mother in law lives in Annandale, VA in a predominantly Spanish complex, and even there in the parking lot she was told to 'get out of my country' by some lady who was just being a **** a year or so ago.  Trump definitely made these people feel empowered.  And it wasn't even a white woman who said that to her, it was a black lady.

lol.. both of those versions are gone now.. i drove by the other day and it says TRUMP in big red letters, then a bunch of other stuff down below that i couldn't make out as i went past. So long as it's not a threat anymore..

~Bang

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

lol.. both of those versions are gone now.. i drove by the other day and it says TRUMP in big red letters, then a bunch of other stuff down below that i couldn't make out as i went past. So long as it's not a threat anymore..

~Bang

Where at in Calvert?  Curious because I grew up there.

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Where at in Calvert?  Curious because I grew up there.

On route 4 just north of the 2/4 split in Sunderland.

It's on the southbound side but faces northbound traffic.

Where'd you grow up? I'm in Lusby

~Bang

35 minutes ago, Bang said:

On route 4 just north of the 2/4 split in Sunderland.

It's on the southbound side but faces northbound traffic.

Where'd you grow up? I'm in Lusby

~Bang

Drum point for a while.  Went to Calvert High.  Moved up to Huntingtown right when Patuxent High was built.

When people are segregated from diversity it tends to breed a fear of what they don't know.  Not hard to notice some of the most vehemently pro-wall folks are those that don't even live anywhere close to border states, while most of those actually living close to the border feel the idea is ridiculous and laugh at the notion of a "national emergency" 

13 hours ago, techboy said:

What I meant by that is people might as well go to "Phase three", whatever that is, because it's simply unrealistic to expect the reasoned, non "drive by" response people seem to want (or say they do) with that many people piling on.

Ya, it's not easy to have a serious conversation with multiple people responding to you at the same time, regardless of the topic.  Some people in tailgate wants people to beat up on as long as they go away eventually, though, been noticed that.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

When people are segregated from diversity it tends to breed a fear of what they don't know.  Not hard to notice some of the most vehemently pro-wall folks are those that don't even live anymore close to border states, while most of those actually living close to the border feel the idea is ridiculous and laugh at the notion of a "national emergency" 

This is so true.  

I wish everyone had the chance to come to a place like NOVA so they could see how much people of different cultures living together isn't that big of a deal.  Never forget parking on interstate emergency lane to watch 4th of July fireworks for DC and seeing Muslim family in front of me.  Three women, two may have been grandmother and mother while the youngest was the teenager and dressed as you'd expect an american teenager to dress.  They were celebrating their right to have a choice and nobody batted an eye.

Also seen reports on support for Wall being higher in non-border areas of the country or people listing immigration as a fear in areas that minorities are only fraction of the population.  El Paso is Beto territory.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

When people are segregated from diversity it tends to breed a fear of what they don't know.  Not hard to notice some of the most vehemently pro-wall folks are those that don't even live anymore close to border states, while most of those actually living close to the border feel the idea is ridiculous and laugh at the notion of a "national emergency" 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This is so true.  

I wish everyone had the chance to come to a place like NOVA so they could see how much people of different cultures living together isn't that big of a deal.  Never forget parking on interstate emergency lane to watch 4th of July fireworks for DC and seeing Muslim family in front of me.  Three women, two may have been grandmother and mother while the youngest was the teenager and dressed as you'd expect an american teenager to dress.  They were celebrating their right to have a choice and nobody batted an eye.

Also seen reports on support for Wall being higher in non-border areas of the country or people listing immigration as a fear in areas that minorities are only fraction of the population.  El Paso is Beto territory.

The white people you are talking about do not want to live in a diverse and inclusive environment. You can wish this, but those white people are not remotely interested. Even if it means depressed wages, no healthcare, and plain and boring restaurants.

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I don't know man, ignorance was bliss.

I don't even know how you heal this. We're 1 generation removed from Selma and lunch counter sit-ins, and yet it seems we're no farther along.

I mean how do you change this because it's obviously being taught generationally.

It's called Freedom of Expression MOTHER ****ER! 

It's the same damned thing that allows Faux News to polish your knob 24-7 and Rush to lie for decades, and Alex Jones to spew his filth.

"Without retribution"

Dear god....

Where all our freedom loving Constitutionalist Republicans at?!

Hello? Is this thing on????

tap...tap...tap.....

So sad how you can have so much hate for one man.  He's your POTUS, so maybe show just a little bit of respect.  If you're not from the US, then do what you want.  

1 minute ago, Force1958 said:

So sad how you can have so much hate for one man.  He's your POTUS, so maybe show just a little bit of respect.  If you're not from the US, then do what you want.  

Pretty sure the SNL cast, MSNBC reporters, and Justice Department officials are all citizens whose actions are protected by the constitution.

Archived