Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

anything is possible. I don’t think that should be a crime, though,

Depends on what you think the definition of think is and if "that" actually means "that statement", "that thing right there on the table", "the quantum probability field of a thing being there at x point in space and time" or "that kumquat in Bangladesh". 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How often do you give orders?  I do it a lot.

I often say "would you mine taking out the trash?" instead of "you take out the trash now."  Or "you should probably go fix this mess" instead of "go do this and that".  People working under you know that it isn't a request, it is a direction.  But your people will be a lot happier if you talk to them instead of just barking orders.

It's called leadership.  Maybe the leader of the country should try it sometime.

Going too far into this would derail the thread, but this is highly cultural.  In some settings, "Would you..." is interpreted as optional, and not understood by the subordinates in question to be an actual order.

I attended a teaching workshop once where they suggested that even saying "Please take your seat," is too wishy-washy.

I pushed back, essentially saying that I'm not going to be a dick to the kids I teach.  I still phrase things as simple declarative statements to avoid confusion, but I'm not going to refrain from saying please when I'm trying to train students to be polite and civil.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not even close to what I said.  It could be an order or could not be an order because it was unclear.  It is impossible to say it clearly was or wasn't an order.

I agree it is impossible to say either way.....which is what I said long ago.

a order is not unclear.

1 minute ago, twa said:

a order is not unclear.

An order certainly CAN be unclear.

I'm done with this though.  I need to get to bed and I know you will twist to defend your guy.  It really is a shame you can't just be objectivally honest.  But it is what is expected of you.

54 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Oh hell...............I swear I couldn't make this **** up, I couldn't even imagine it (and I pride myself on my lurid imagination).

https://wokesloth.com/pro-trump-artist-painting-twitter/distributor/?utm_source=wokesloth&utm_campaign=bloomjoy&utm_medium=shareforshare

Ben Carson is paddling the wrong way!  Are we sure this isn't parody?

Cool picture, honestly.  Not that I am not laughing hysterically at the idea that Trump is "draining the swamp" but the art itself is rad. Are Scott Pruitt & Betsy Devos in the boat?  

I am sure there will be a parody picture soon that has Putin & KJU in the boat with Trump, yeah?

Archived