Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So you think that Acosta is a dumbass for pressing the point that even the President's own daughter does not believe that the press is the enemy of the people, and yet the WH has yet to correct the position of POTUS who has used that very description?

Why again is it stupid for him to press for that clarification?

Oh and Alex Jones, and Sean Hannity are by their own admission NOT members of the press.

The fact that Sanders was prepared for his questions and responded with that rambling response tells me that the WH WANTED that to be asked.  They relished it.  It didnt help Acosta and "the press' it helped Trump.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No. All of us don't. Probably because some of us can differentiate between actual journalists (who are media) and those who are entertainers (who are not media). 

You mean you get to choose?

Are their no right wing crazy journalists that you think are the enemy?

I can think of some on both sides that I think are the enemy.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

The fact that Sanders was prepared for his questions and responded with that rambling response tells me that the WH WANTED that to be asked.  They relished it.  It didnt help Acosta and "the press' it helped Trump.

You mean you get to choose?

Are their no right wing crazy journalists that you think are the enemy?

I can think of some on both sides that I think are the enemy.

That's sad. None I'd label as the enemy of the people and more importantly, none that I'd ever be okay with the POTUS ever labeling that.

How am I just now hearing about the nightly protest/party that happens every day at the White House??  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/mixing-protest-and-party-nightly-kremlin-annex-rally-outside-the-white-house-reaches-its-third-week/2018/08/02/ffefec9a-94dc-11e8-86ab-42da8f0b33ea_story.html?utm_term=.0560984a174e

Mixing protest and party, nightly ‘Kremlin Annex’ rally outside the White House reaches its third week

Nightly protests outside the White House began the evening that its resident made headlines in Helsinki. Now in its third week, it has morphed into equal parts demonstration, roast and dance party.

Unlike the Women’s March or March for Our Lives — single-day events attended by thousands — the modest, day-to-day rally dubbed the “Kremlin Annex” has a different flavor. Organizers welcome those who want to confront President Trump daily, at high volume.

The issues — a Supreme Court selection, family separations at the border, possible collusion with Russia — matter, they say. Which issue the protesters show up for doesn’t. “We don’t plan on stopping until Donald Trump is gone,” the group’s website says.

The sampling of offerings has included appearances by actress Alyssa Milano and Stormy Daniels attorney Michael Avenatti, as well as members of Congress. On Day 10, there were protesters dressed as sharks, timed to Shark Week. There have also been mariachi bands, painters working on resistance-themed canvasses and T. Rexes holding signs that read “Back from extinction to protest.”

UM2TJREWH4I6RAML5G3TJDGYPU.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That's sad. None I'd label as the enemy of the people and more importantly, none that I'd ever be okay with the POTUS ever labeling that.

I have nothing but contempt and disdain for Hannity/Limbaugh/etc but Ive never referred to them as “the enemy of the people”.  Can’t remember anyone else saying that either.

I doubt it’s a common sentiment.

16 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Some members of the press are enemy of the people (even if true) =/= Members of the press are enemy of the people.  This isn't rocket science 

Right.  But Trump said (tweeted) the first part.  Not the second.  The people who are making this mistake are the press itself and the leftwing outrage machine.

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Right.  But Trump said (tweeted) the first part.  Not the second.  The people who are making this mistake are the press itself and the leftwing outrage machine.

Trump called the FAKE NEWS the enemy of the people. That's essentially all non right-wing Trump approved media from his viewpoint.

To insist he only named a few journalists is willfully ignorant.

Moreover, the idea that the POTUS even stooped to this lowpoint should be horrifying to rational conservatives.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump called the FAKE NEWS the enemy of the people. That's essebtially all non right-wing Trump approved media from his viewpoint.

To insist he only named a few journalists is willfully ignorant. Moreover, the idea that the POTUS even stooped to this lowpoint should be horrifying to rational conservatives.

Isnt this the tweet that is in question?

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

5:48 PM - Feb 17, 2017

46 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Acosta is a dumbass for pressing that point.  He had no chance of getting Sanders to agree with him and made himself out to be the enemy.

You can probably make that case for just about any question that's asked in that circus.  The press secretary always puts the Administration (whoever is in office) spin on things, without being as confrontational as SHS is. I don't know why the cable news channels feel the need to televise that clown show daily...…to my knowledge it was never regularly televised before, maybe perhaps on C-SPAN. 

After Acosta asked the question and Sanders started down the road of rambling nonsensical nothing of an answer, Acosta should have just said "Ok stop, nevermind, don't even answer it"

1 minute ago, visionary said:

No, it was probably because your students were drinking, smoking, having premarital sex and couldn't be bothered.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

You can probably make that case for just about any question that's asked in that circus.  The press secretary always puts the Administration (whoever is in office) spin on things, without being as confrontational as SHS is. I don't know why the cable news channels feel the need to televise that clown show daily...…to my knowledge it was never regularly televised before, maybe perhaps on C-SPAN. 

We were never outright lied to on a daily basis. Admin spin or putting a positive light/the company line is one thing. Speaking 100% verifiable lies and falsehoods to the American people is something else. That’s why they are covered more than previous admins 

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:After Acosta asked the question and Sanders started down the road of rambling nonsensical nothing of an answer, Acosta should have just said "Ok stop, nevermind, don't even answer it"

No, it was probably because your students were drinking, smoking, having premarital sex and couldn't be bothered.

That would have been smarter on his part 

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

How’s your Trump kool aid tasting? 

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Isnt this the tweet that is in question?

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

5:48 PM - Feb 17, 2017

That's one of them. He's tweeted a few more times since that one about how the media is the enemy of the people. If memory serves,he's implied it at a couple of his dear leader rallies. 

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How’s your Trump kool aid tasting? 

I must have hit a nerve.  A personal attack instead of attempting to refute my exposure of liberal hysteria?   I’d love to say I expect more. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

..and even if that had been the only one, he blanket labeled thousands of people as enemies of the people. 

But not all media as claimed right?

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Numerous tweets and comments have essentially labeled anyone who isn't pro Trump as FAKE NEWS and thus enemies of the people.

If your question is has he ever singularly labeled all media (non pro Trump) as the enemy? No. Has he ever implied it over many tweets and comments? It sure appears that way. Which is why everyone has reacted and sought official clarification.

So was Acosta right or wrong to demand that the WH state that Trunp doesn’t believe the media is the enemy?

the left and the media are the ones playing the semantics game here. 

There is so much to denounce Trump for daily, and instead this is the kind of partisan gamesmanship we see. 

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I must have hit a nerve.  A personal attack instead of attempting to refute my exposure of liberal hysteria?   I’d love to say I expect more. 

:rofl89: You didn’t hit a nerve. All you did was do exactly what Trump wants, blame the media. 

“How dare the media make an issue out of being called the enemy of the state!!!” 

“Those outraged liberals, always claiming stuff like this is rhetoric a dictator would use. Total fake news!!!”

”Stupid freedom of the press, so not needed in America.”

Good job doing exactly what Trump wants. Keep on slurping it up.

Archived