Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So was Acosta right or wrong to demand that the WH state that Trunp doesn’t believe the media is the enemy?

the left and the media are the ones playing the semantics game here. 

There is so much to denounce Trump for daily, and instead this is the kind of partisan gamesmanship we see. 

As someone who is willing to bag on trump but doesn't miss any opportunity to bag on the Left, Acosta was right.  The unwillingness of the WH to say that at least the vast majority of the media is NOT the enemy of the US makes the WH the enemy of the US.  Any attempt to defend or parse their words is despicable.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As someone who is willing to bag on trump but doesn't miss any opportunity to bag on the Left, Acosta was right.  The unwillingness of the WH to say that at least the vast majority of the media is NOT the enemy of the US makes the WH the enemy of the US.  Any attempt to defend or parse their words is despicable.  

Your honesty is appreciated. That's why it's always hard to **** with you even when I dont agree. 

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So was Acosta right or wrong to demand that the WH state that Trunp doesn’t believe the media is the enemy?

There is so much to denounce Trump for daily, and instead this is the kind of partisan gamesmanship we see.

Asking the press secretary whether the president views the media as enemy of the people is partisan gamesmanship?  Seems to me, it has relevance to minimum qualification for public office.

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It’s not partisanship when dumb ****s are yelling at the reporters covering his rallies. Saying the press is the enemy of the state is not about semantics. It’s about safety and not ****ting on the Constitution.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Asking the press secretary whether the president views the media as enemy of the people is partisan gamesmanship?  Seems to me, it has relevance to minimum qualification for public office.

It’s absolutely partisan gamesmanship. It’s bull**** gotcha journalism. 

When did you stop beating your wife? Kind of crap. 

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

- Congressional immunity is spelled out in Article 1 one of the Constitution.  Interestingly, there is no mention of presidential immunity in Article 2.  Founders knew that certain protection of the legislature was necessary to avoid the tyranny of the executive and/or ensure a well functioning government.  Yet they chose not to include any comparable protection for the president.  I think this is a deliberate choice.

they gave the ones with the choice to remove POTUS immunity because he must answer to the people.

that the power(nor immunity) was not given to the court should be noted.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

It’s absolutely partisan gamesmanship. It’s bull**** gotcha journalism. 

When did you stop beating your wife? Kind of crap. 

If the issue is the premise of question, I'll concede that I'm not familiar with the backdrop that led to the question (that is whether there is a particular tweet that led to it, or just Trump's general attack on the media.  It kind of seemed to stem from Ivanka's statement that media is not the enemy).  In any event, if WH rejects the premise of the question, why not just say "No Jim, the President does not think press is the enemy of the people.  We wish the press would cut down on the inaccurate reporting and tone down the tenor of their reporting, but the President respects the role of free press in a healthy functioning democracy.". Would that have been so difficult?

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Remember when Obama called Foxnews “destructive” and the left wingers here denounced him?   Yeah. Me neither. 

They are destructive and that is not even close to equivalent to what is going on right now and today in that press conference.

Whataboutism and false equivalency double word score. Good job man.

Remember when Obama called Foxnews “destructive” and the left wingers here denounced him?   Yeah. Me neither. 

Let's not cutoff the actual comment.

Fox News "pushes a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world,” Obama said.

“But as an economic enterprise, it’s been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number one concern is, it’s that Fox is very successful.”

That was in a Rolling Stone article. 

As an aside, am I wrong in remembering that Trump has pointed to the media area at his rallies and called them the enemy? 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A lot of the media is bad for america. It consists of two people shouting over the host making nonsensical arguments that do nothing but divide. The media is just as much of a circus as donald trump is.

There is a huge difference between opinion based shows (what you are referencing) and legitimate journalists and reports at places like the WSJ, NYT, NBC, etc. 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

As an aside, am I wrong in remembering that Trump has pointed to the media area at his rallies and call them the enemy? 

Whoa whoa whoa.

Are you calling out a false equivalency?

Because that's a 15 yard, 2 minute Major purple card penalty in Trumpball.

10 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

They are destructive and that is not even close to equivalent to what is going on right now and today in that press conference.

Whataboutism and false equivalency double word score. Good job man.

The liberal mindset.  OUR view is the correct one.  Anyone who doesn’t toe the line is wrong. Or racist. Or whatever new pejorative they’ve decided to bestow on those who don’t join in the hysteria. 

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

As an aside, am I wrong in remembering that Trump has pointed to the media area at his rallies and called them the enemy? 

Ah.  So you can parse and determine the meaning of both Obama’s and Trumps statement.   One is excused as nuanced The other is nothing but a complete damnation of the entire media.  

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

The liberal mindset.  OUR view is the correct one.  Anyone who doesn’t toe the line is wrong. Or racist. Or whatever new pejorative they’ve decided to bestow on those who don’t join in the hysteria. 

Are people in the media that lie a positive force or a destructive force in America?

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Forgive me for being a grammar nazi, but the word media is the plural form of medium; therefore NEVER say "the media is..."  It's "the media are..."

That battle has been lost I'm afraid.  

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/media

The word media comes from the Latin plural of medium. The traditional view is that it should therefore be treated as a plural noun in all its senses in English and be used with a plural rather than a singular verb: the media have not followed the reports (rather than ‘has’). In practice, in the sense ‘television, radio, and the press collectively’, it behaves as a collective noun (like staff or clergy, for example), which means that it is now acceptable in standard English for it to take either a singular or a plural verb.

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Fairly obvious that one of our members has fallen under the sway of Trump’s rhetoric.  Snarling with faux outrage.

Its a shame to see.

You’re referring to me.  And no.  I’m just completely done watching the left wing idiocy go unchecked (or worse checked by morons). 

This is a serious problem with you guys on the left.  The inability to accept anyone who doesn’t completely join you in the lemming cliff jump of hysteria as anything other than a Trump supporter. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Are people in the media that lie a positive force or a destructive force in America?

I said earlier that there are people in the media that I consider the enemy of the people 

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

You’re referring to me.  And no.  I’m just completely done watching the left wing idiocy go unchecked (or worse checked by morons). 

This is a serious problem with you guys on the left.  The inability to accept anyone who doesn’t completely join you in the lemming cliff jump of hysteria as anything other than a Trump supporter. 

I said earlier that there are people in the media that I consider the enemy of the people 

What do you believe qualifies someone in the media as enemy of the people? Perhaps you defined this before but I haven’t gone back through all the posts today 

Even if we assume Obama's "destructive" line was a blanket statement with no qualifiers about Fox (which isn't accurate, but whatevs), that is still not even in the same order of magnitude as calling basically everything that isn't Fox the "enemy of the people."

It is basically a term of art.

And to use it should not be taken lightly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_of_the_people

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

What do you believe qualifies someone in the media as enemy of the people? Perhaps you defined this before but I haven’t gone back through all the posts today 

Someone who uses their platform to destroy our society rather than better it. But more specifically, doing so for their own gain knowingly injuring others and the country at large.  

There are are far more examples of this on the right than the left. 

Some here err want to play a game of wordsmiths and try to carve out some I would say are media as something else. 

I consider Hannity part of the media.  And he’s definitely an enemy 

I am concerned for you.

Archived