Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, Ax said:

Of course, it should be noted, there were media reports that the shooter wore a MAGA hat during the shooting.

And people wonder why the media doesn't deserve the benefit of doubt anymore.

Please cite them. If Trump is saying that CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, WaPo, and so forth are fake news, show us a report from one of those organizations saying that the shooter wore a MAGA hat. 

2 hours ago, Ax said:

I have never heard a logical explanation how requiring proper ID is a problem.

Because there are so many resources that can enable everyone to acquire valid ID.

It is simply a talking point/scare tactic of the D's.

Ok, require all gun owners to register all of their weapons.

4 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I'm open to the idea that I'm wrong about things. My opinions have changed throughout the years.

I've never believed anything as ridiculous as QAnon though and it's disturbing to me that a segment of the population is genuinely cultish and that it's being encouraged by the President. 

Again: does the QAnon stuff bother you? 

I just googled them. Initial skim looks like a bunch of loonies. But they exist everywhere. Not saying that justifies anything. Just that nobody has a corner of the market on being loony. Would be glad to check out anything in particular you think I need to see. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Post a link to those media reports.

Journalist tweet. But, same same. He's media.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394892-newspaper-reporter-resigns-after-wrongly-claiming-maryland-shooter-wore-maga

Naw really, if yall want this thread to continue to be a good source of information and informed conversation then we should all block @Ax He has effectively proven at this point hes really not even worth talking to. He doesn't use any factual basis for his arguments. Doesn't reply with anything worth your time when you do show him the facts. And hes super happy to keep doing it. You aint gonna get anywhere with him. 

If you wanna just talk **** back and forth we can do that too. Im cool with either honestly. I never tire of ****ing with idiots personally. I know many of you dont feel that way. But if you keep engaging him, hes going to keep posting this stupid **** hes been saying, and im going to eventually try and poke holes in it again. 

So the only really way to do this is not engage. Or block him. Up to yall. 

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Post a link to those media reports.

https://www.google.com/search?q=capital+gazette+shooter+wore+maga+hat&prmd=nsiv&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7nJ6gsszcAhVnoFkKHRkQBAkQ_AUIDigA&biw=414&bih=622&dpr=3

Here you go.  Looks like the ONE guy who did it won’t be reporting news again.

One person.  Christ the conspiracy over here!

5 minutes ago, Ax said:

I just googled them. Initial skim looks like a bunch of loonies. But they exist everywhere. Not saying that justifies anything. Just that nobody has a corner of the market on being loony. Would be glad to check out anything in particular you think I need to see. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394892-newspaper-reporter-resigns-after-wrongly-claiming-maryland-shooter-wore-maga

Youre just talking out your ****ing ass.  Have a nice day.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ok, require all gun owners to register all of their weapons.

Just like every other law, criminals would just ignore this one too. 

Registration solves nothing 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=capital+gazette+shooter+wore+maga+hat&prmd=nsiv&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7nJ6gsszcAhVnoFkKHRkQBAkQ_AUIDigA&biw=414&bih=622&dpr=3

Here you go.  Looks like the ONE guy who did it won’t be reporting news again.

One person.  Christ the conspiracy over here!

Youre just talking out your ****ing ass.  Have a nice day.

Whatever. I also heard the local radio reports claiming there was unverified reports about the maga hat. The media was praying it was true.

6 minutes ago, Ax said:

one person... from a podunk newspaper... and he was fired for it.

if someone ELSE posted that as the expample for you....it would be to point out a clear-cut a case of pathetic "fact fitting to an agenda" ... hte fact that you did so yourself.....   ??

4 minutes ago, Ax said:

Just like every other law, criminals would just ignore this one too. 

Registration solves nothing 

So criminals would just ignore voter ID laws and forge documents?  And those damn murderers ignoring our criminal code.  Why bother?

Now that I think of it, maybe it was America's fault for having election laws.  Sorry Putin!

1 minute ago, Ax said:

There have always been conspiracy theorists but I think we have more now.

These ones are aligned with a political movement. A few days ago the leader of that movement said: "What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." 

A guy who believed stuff like this shot a gun in Comet Pizza. There are tangible effects now thanks to the internet. I don't know how anyone solves the problem but the last thing we need is the guy in the Oval Office amplifying it. 

WaPo covered the QAnon stuff today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/08/01/we-are-q-a-deranged-conspiracy-cult-leaps-from-the-internet-to-the-crowd-at-trumps-maga-tour/?utm_term=.54be40488ed5 

Just now, Hersh said:

I really don't know why people bother with him. Literally contributes nothing. 

And lies or repeats lies non stop. I like to **** with people like this. But this is also one of the best topics on here and its been **** for days now. Thanks largely to him and people replying to him. 

We cant expect him to be mature and not an idiot if we cant be mature and not idiots. 

There are so many erroneous reports about Trump supporters, that later turned out false. This was just another.

There's plenty of real stuff. There's no need to make up more. But, that's the lefty way. Destroy anyone, and anything that doesn't bow to their ideology.

This thread only proves that. Somebody has the nerve to disagree, so the mob jumps into action.

Reminds me of a bunch of Chihuahua's, barking at the big dogs walking by, from the protection of  their fenced yard. Then grouping up and sniffin' each others butts in congratulations because they sure "showed him."

Sorry to have invaded your safe spaces.

Please, continue the circle jerk.

Uncle Ax, signing off. Under his own terms.

13 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

There have always been conspiracy theorists but I think we have more now.

These ones are aligned with a political movement. A few days ago the leader of that movement said: "What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." 

A guy who believed stuff like this shot a gun in Comet Pizza. There are tangible effects now thanks to the internet. I don't know how anyone solves the problem but the last thing we need is the guy in the Oval Office amplifying it. 

The fact this is happening from the White House is a huge concern. He also gets news from curious sources, such as Alex Jones. Someone posted the link earlier about Alex Jones now suing the Sandy Hook. I read the article and it's sickening. Yet, the guy has a platform of millions of listeners and spews untruths all the time, gets caught in one, sued, and his listeners act on his behalf. The family has moved, IIRC 7 times, since Jones called the family "crisis actors". The fact Trump won't denounce Sandy Hook deniers is troublesome. When Trump was asked by Sandy Hook victims to denounce the conspiracy theorists, he did nothing. It's sickening, but wouldn't have expected anything else. 

7 minutes ago, Ax said:

There are so many erroneous reports about Trump supporters, that later turned out false. This was just another.

Brietbart and Infowars are much worse and will not walk back an inaccuracy. Major news outlets will retract statements. Granted often times, the retraction is too late, but at least they admit wrongdoing. See the above example...

Also, please don't sign off. Just because some things you've said have been proven to be inaccurate, don't let it push you away. Healthy debate is good...just back up claims when you make one. 

I've been on this board a long time. (I believe since I was 21, I am now 38, geez)  Been participating in political discussion on the tailgate forums the entire time give or take small leaves of absences for whatever random reason.  I remember quite well there used to be much more of a mix of conservatives, moderates, etc etc participating. Over time a lot of them have flown the coop.  

Is this because "angry liberal mobs have driven them away?" I don't think so. Everyone seemed to get along well enough. Sometimes depending on the world issues at the times conversations could get heated, but mostly everyone got along.  I think it is more due to the fact that the GOP as an institution has become harder to defend on face value.  Like many other things, it didn't start with Trump, but what we are seeing now is the culmination of the seedy underbelly boiling up slowly through the ranks and have now become the GOP leaders, while those Republicans who voice concerned constructive dissent are labeled "RHINO" 

Archived