Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins leads NFL in passing yards through Week 8

NattyBo

I don't know what else Kirk can do to prove himself.. Dude has done all he needed to and more to prove he's deserving of that big payday. I just hope he doesn't try to pull some lame stunt trying to get every single penny he can when contract time comes around.

Maybe because I'm not in the position those guys are, but I kind of see it as splitting hairs. If you're gonna get 20+ million a year, what's the big deal over 21 or 22? You're still making a flippin fortune. I know the players see the owners making a ton of money and want some of that, but geez.

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Didnt post the Schefty article to say anything bad about Kirk, love him and hope he takes us to the promised land. more of a battered fan syndrome waiting for the shoe to drop, for something bad to happen. Cause this is the most fun I've had watching the skins since I was my son's age. 

I do not think anyone thought you were saying anything bad about Kirk at all. At least I know I didn't. For me, I was more responding to shefter's bull****. Sorry if it came off as directed at you.

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Yup. Remember Matt Cassel...I wonder what happened to him after he got all that money from KC. lol

That's not even close to the same thing.

Cassel went from not crapping his pants while leading what was essentially the greatest team in the history of the NFL, to the Chiefs.

If Cousins leaves (which he won't) it would be for a team like Denver, where he'd all of a sudden have a defense and a top 5 WR.

16 hours ago, Natty said:

I believe we have won most of our games. But I'm not a mathematical expert. ; )

Funny guy.  Skins have won 6 out of 11 games.  That's more than 50% but that's not good enough to consistently contend for division titles and to have a chance to proceed past the first round of playoffs.  Don't get me wrong - - I'm happy to have K. Cousins - - -I've been a fan since year 1.  The rest of the team has to get better though for the Skins to step up from the middle of the pack.  I'm hoping the GM can figure out a way to accomplish that task - - it's a heck of a lot easier to do at $20 million per year versus $25-27 million.

I also know that fans are going to turn on Cousins if the Skins have to make team sacrifices and his play slips for any reason.  For example, "we are stuck with a turnstile defense because the Skins are paying $26 million/year to a QB that throws interceptions and can't get into the end-zone".  Remember when RG3 fizzled out?  Everyone then said why the heck did we use 3 first round picks and a 2nd round to get ONE player?  Who was the IDIOT that made that trade?  Those draft picks were huge and a mega contract for Cousins could be just as important in terms of the overall team talent.

Funny article but also gets into Kirk's leadership style

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/11/30/a-dork-with-swag-redskins-rally-around-their-corny-quarterback/?utm_term=.0929827b55ee

Kirk Cousins wore a wireless mic during Washington’s recent win over the Packers, allowing us a rare glimpse at this $20 million man’s on-field demeanor during the game of his life. The verdict? Let’s turn to his teammates. First, allow them to stifle their giggles.

Very goofy, and very corny,” running back Chris Thompson said.

“Oh, it’s super corny,” agreed long snapper Nick Sundberg. “He’s a square.”

“It’s kind of dorkish a little bit, but cool at the same time,” offered wide receiver Jamison Crowder.

“He’s very corny, but it’s cool corny,” added defensive back Will Blackmon. “You love him; he’s not annoying. He’s like a dork with swag.”

Cousins grins at these reviews. He’s well aware of his locker-room reputation, and even embraces it. This is a 28-year old man who drives a conversion van, wears plain black cleats and a slightly ill-fitting uniform, quotes liberally from “Lord of the Rings,” and was captured by NFL Films going to the sideline and demanding a high-five party from his teammates. No, really: a high-five party.

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm too lazy and I don't know how to do it.  I also have to get back to work or else I'd try to figure this out myself.  But what are Cousins stats when Reed isn't in the lineup?

I don't know exactly but from what I recall this year, w/ VD, there wasn't that much of a drop off in Kirk's performance with Reed not on the field....however, I'm 80-90 percent sure Reed will be on the field....we win these next two, we are in the play offs..

17 hours ago, Bishop Hammer said:

Stats like this show how signing Kirk to a big contract won't hamper the team like Flacco's did to The Ratbirds.  If Big Cuz has a halfway decent receiving core he can light it up.  Joe can't, even with a flock of pro bowlers he couldn't match our guy's numbers

Who exactly are these pro-bowlers on Baltimore??

58 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I don't know exactly but from what I recall this year, w/ VD, there wasn't that much of a drop off in Kirk's performance with Reed not on the field....however, I'm 80-90 percent sure Reed will be on the field....we win these next two, we are in the play offs..

VD was such a great pick up for us. I'm excited to see what carrier can do.

I think when Kirk is out of the game, Kirk leans more on Garcon also. 

I know our run blocking gets a hell of a lot better.

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

VD was such a great pick up for us. I'm excited to see what carrier can do.

I know our run blocking gets a hell of a lot better.

Hes great on the boot..esp pa boot. Makes Kelley really valuable. Pa boot should be used more in the Rz imo. All it takes is a couple of Kelley decent runs (5-7yds) early in the games n you will have it all day. Would love some counter trey boots too. The treys looked sooo good the week b4. Mmmmm with TW as guard.....friggin unstoppable. Get it down b4 paloffs n we could really do some damage. i love how our coaching staff is setting up plays for not just the game theyre in at the time but for specific opponents they'll play in games down the road. Setting them up when they look at the game tapes. Really beautiful. Chess vs checkers tic-tac-toe. Wish I saw more of this in our defensive scheme, it may b there but I don't see it on such an incredible level. Btw how r the pups?

7 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

if we get to the playoffs,dan synder will do everything to sign this guy.   only qb in his tenure to get to the playoffs 2 years in a row

Only QB in his tenure to throw 20+ TDs two years in a row.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a neat trick lol...

47 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He means it literally. If you ever see Kirk on the sidelines, he's always resting his head on Garcon's shoulder.

♪♫Hey, hey, hey, hey
Ooh woh
Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby
Tell me your troubles and doubts
Giving me everything inside and out and
Love's strange so real in the dark
Think of the tender things that we were working on
Slow change may pull us apart
When the light gets into your heart, baby
Don't you, forget about me
Don't, don't, don't, don't