Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

arftech, on 07 Sept 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Because someone needs to ask what it means, and it's completely made up.  

*ALL Languages & Colloquialisms are 'MADE-UP'!?! :(

If any of us utter the 'Slangs & Euphemisms" from our 'Respective Cultures, Eras, or Geographical Localities'... we undoubtedly would have to 'De-Code' it for 'the Uninitiated'. <_<

Exactly, I think it's kinda Judentious and Way Ploff when you just  make up ****.

My mute finger is strong these days 1f440.png1f440.png

CNX9XyxUsAAA0Fs.jpg

I personally can't wait to see if the Redskins D has improved enough to keep this team in worthy to watch mode, the wicked witch is dead.

#Redskins 53-man Roster Reaction.Updated w/ thoughts on a lose-lose situation for #RGIII + a new TE. http://www.dchotread.com/2015/09/07/redskins-roster-reaction  @MonumentalNtwrk

@SimoneBett Special teams still scare me, especially with Niles and Hayward out., but hey, let's move forward with some fresh flesh and see.

@johnnylocal @SimoneBett The key is, no matter what, we need to be getting better as the year goes on.

@DC9AdamW @SimoneBett Yup Adam, improvement, no meltdowns, just improvement. #measuredexpectations

Monday Musings: 5 teams that are doomed because of their starting QB http://cbsprt.co/1i8OyzS 

COVehqWWwAAlOg4.jpg

Hahhaaaaa, Callahan kills it here////.......

Callahan retweeted Kenneth Clyburn

Dude, mix in a water. None of that is going to happen.

Callahan added,

Kenneth Clyburn @KenClyburn
The #Redskins are gonna **** around and actually have a good season, give Kirk an extension, and keep Jay.

@SimoneBett Special teams still scare me, especially with Niles and Hayward out., but hey, let's move forward with some fresh flesh and see.

Thing that gives me hope re special teams is how well are 2's did against their 2's... while that doesn't mean that we will have a good special teams, it does suggest we have better depth which bodes well for special teams.

The games will tell if the coaches and players get it done. It may take a game or two for them to gel, but at least our talent is better. One thing already improved is that at least in the preseason the punt returner had room to operate. So many times in recent years, the returner would fair catch or catch and get planted because no one was able to block the gunners.

Again, who knows, but there's a chance we see better Teams just because of improved overall talent.

I'm finally starting to come to terms with the fact this team is never going to be good again. It's a brutal feeling.

Oh really? I was pretty sure by the Spurrier years. Certain of it after the Archuleta, Lloyd, Randal-El offseason. Once you come to terms with it, you'll be a lot happier. There's even a degree of amusement to the incompetence.

Sometimes I'll see posters on here say things like, "I can wait until we're good again so we can shut everybody up." or "we'll be good again someday." Well, no we won't. Snyder is the dumb kid in class but unlike in elementary school, not everybody automatically gets a turn being 'Superstar of the Week'. Here, the dumb kid in class just gets beaten down year after year after year after year after year.

I was more unenthused than ever this offseason. Wasn't around much on here. Was tired of the drama and non sense. Wasn't feeling all that excited.

But with the first game looming, I'm excited. No, not because I think we're going to prove the world wrong. And no, not because I think we're going to get an early draft pick... But because I'm not sure what the hell is going to happen. That excites me. I have my suspicions, and I have literally no hopes whatsoever. So, for the first time, I'm going into this season without expecting much. Makes viewing this team so much more pleasant.

I was more unenthused than ever this offseason. Wasn't around much on here. Was tired of the drama and non sense. Wasn't feeling all that excited.

But with the first game looming, I'm excited. No, not because I think we're going to prove the world wrong. And no, not because I think we're going to get an early draft pick... But because I'm not sure what the hell is going to happen. That excites me. I have my suspicions, and I have literally no hopes whatsoever. So, for the first time, I'm going into this season without expecting much. Makes viewing this team so much more pleasant.

If you think back in your life about your greatest memories, be it success in sports, business or the ladies, they came unexpectedly. I am not saying this is going to happen, but as you stated above so well, it just makes it worth watching. If the team just shows some growth that would be great, any regression and I think Scot has to look at his short term plan to adjust. 

Aside from Kerrigan and Trent, I honestly think Tress Way is the safest jersey for a Skins fan to buy.

This year can't be any worse than Zorn year 2, can it? At least we won't have to watch JC dink and dunk his way to 7-13 points followed by Blah's bend but don't break until late in the game defense with Vinny babbling about sacks and stuff on the radio and I won't even get into it about Zorn, bingo callers, or the swinging gate.

Oh, and Haynesworthless, lol.

I'm finally starting to come to terms with the fact this team is never going to be good again. It's a brutal feeling.

Bah humbug. If I really believed that I would stop watching. 

If you believe that it's a dumb thing to put yourself through. Besides, you're wrong. Heck, we were good already once albeit for a fleeting moment.

Bah humbug. If I really believed that I would stop watching. 

If you believe that it's a dumb thing to put yourself through. Besides, you're wrong. Heck, we were good already once albeit for a fleeting moment.

We've been on the verge of good a couple of times. Snyder always gets his little fingers into things and ruins it.

Playoffs and division championship under Norv? Dismantle the team.

Marty wins 8 of 11? Fire him.

Playoffs in Gibbs 2nd year? Bring in a bunch of big name players and change offensive coordinators.

Playoffs again? Let's screw up the coaching search and end up with Jim Zorn.

Robert is unstoppable in the read option? Well, he doesn't have to run it anymore.

After wading through the gloom-n-doom here, I honestly wonder why some even bother to post, much less watch the games.........

...because they umm, i dont know, are a fan of the team...? i can't speak for them, but maybe, just MAYBE, they're posting that stuff because losing gets to them. we're all mad about the losing, some fans just tend to act in different ways.

We've been on the verge of good a couple of times. Snyder always gets his little fingers into things and ruins it.

Playoffs and division championship under Norv? Dismantle the team.

Marty wins 8 of 11? Fire him.

Playoffs in Gibbs 2nd year? Bring in a bunch of big name players and change offensive coordinators.

Playoffs again? Let's screw up the coaching search and end up with Jim Zorn.

Robert is unstoppable in the read option? Well, he doesn't have to run it anymore.

I don't know... you can also look at it the other way.

Norv already had 7 years of failure with the 'skins and his only success came under Snyder under basically a death threat. Snyder then preceded to give him everything Turner asked for and the team started out well until it tanked. Was Norv given a fair shot? He was given way more rope than he should have been given.

Marty--- Marty alienated the team and made a giant mess. Yes, he fought his way back to .500, but once he did he lost every meaningful game to make sure he never got past .500. I think he did enough to earn another year, but also enough to deserve being given the boot esp. given the player revolts. Not sure what would have happened if Marty would have stayed. Spurrier was a high stakes gamble it was going to be great or a bust. Snyder rolled snake eyes.

I kind of agree with you on Gibbs.

RGIII... frankly, I blame it mostly on the injuries and on Shanny. Shanny had enough weight and prestige to get his way and tame the kid's ego. RGIII wasn't the first pro athlete with a big head. Mike couldn't win 20 percent of his games without RGIII's magic. The team they assembled was built to lose, esp. with Haslett leading the defense.

So, I can kinda rationalize and deal with every move made in retrospect. Shanny deserved being fired. So did Norv.  Marty probably should not have been, but you can certainly understand why they did. Gibbs... was too selfless. He should have kept himself on as play caller, but given a Vinny constructed team he did damn well.

Mind ya, I'm not sure this is making any of our depressed fans less depressed so I'm stopping while I'm only five feet sunk in quick sand.

I have a sickness, I'm giddy with excitement for football this week. My son plays his first real tackle football game too and played his way to starting running back and rover backer- I'm boiling over ready for this weekend

This isn't a sickness, it's totally healthy. We're the sick ones, lol. 

I was feeling this way up until the recent Scot/leaks for love episode... just sucked the life right out of me.  

This isn't a sickness, it's totally healthy. We're the sick ones, lol. 

I was feeling this way up until the recent Scot/leaks for love episode... just sucked the life right out of me.  

Yup. Between that and Gillette, the little bit of hype I had was drained.

I'm excited. its a new season, can't wait to see what Cousins and a revamped Defense can do. If it doesn't work out, we're in the exact same place as last year. We're so low, we can't go much lower. I expect good things this year.

My thoughts:

- In week 1, if I'm Suh i'm licking my lips. Interior line consists of an underperforming guard, a small center and a rookie.

- Carrier will be the most productive tight end this year.

- Our run defense will be top 10.

- Murphy will grab 4-6 sacks but be replaced later in the year.

- Breeland and Culliver will end up as our CB 1 an 2

- Matt Jones will steal all the goal line work and have more TDs than morris

- Garcon will have a 1000+ yard season and 75+ catches. Jackson will be Jackson

- Gruden will be canned at the end of the year.

That's the problem Sub. I know it's tough being in the ****, as it were, but even over here on the Westside things can get a little overbearing with this team. I have tuned it out though. I'm usually pretty good at not giving a care to any whitenoise that surrounds my interests.

Kobe case? Didn't care. Russell Crowe is an asshat? Still love his acting. Stowe beatings/Dodgers fans being generally loathed? Great...did we win in the postseason yet? Etc...

This stuff is just gossip mongering. It's no different than all the 30/40-something women at the office spending 40 minutes discussing B-ball wives.

I may read the odd article to stay knowledgeable about my team, or to kill some time, but when it's all over....i just want to see them play, & perform well on the field/court/ice. I'm not one to normally get influenced in my on-field liking of a player by their off-field drama. People can connect whatever dots they want to, but tomorrow it means ****-all.

I'm excited because...a ) it's football, & b ) i feel that there's a lot to look forward to outside of W/L record.

In the past it always felt like losing meant we needed more this, or more that, & how were we going to win the offseason this year, & are we going to start over again with another rebuild. Today i feel that losing may still come with growth in our young guys, in hope for our depth-chart, & in a sense of what identity, & direction this team is headed in.

I'm fully aware of the potential for everything to blow up in our faces...but i feel that right now, more than any time in the last 20 years, is the closest we've looked like a real team on the field. The sort that we envy, & marvel at their ability to stay competitive year after year. I see guys being developed, & no-name players earning playing time based on merit instead of contract status. I see a GM who is focusing his resources on the proven areas that make a football team competitive.

All these things make me excited to watch this season....with a bit of trepidation, but excitement nonetheless.

It's the bit of not letting this lot get me down that presents the biggest challenge, haha.

Hail.

- Gruden will be canned at the end of the year.

everything but that last part i can see..  

one of the things that the skins need is consistency - and not the consistency of change, which a new coach would bring..  seriously don't get the hate for the guy.. not that he was the best choice but what choice did we have?  not like we had people lining up at the door for this franchise..  for me, it's about having good talent.. and the right talent to make a run.. one only needs to think back to the mid '90s when switzer took over for johnson..  you think switzer won a championship without the talent he was given?  rhetorical question..  let's just hold the course, keep our focus and get the talent SM will bring and gruden will have no other choice than ride along for a championship..   patience, my friend, is the key...  

Archived