Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

Nah. The most likely case is Grifin never takes another snap as a Redskin. The best case is he has to play through injury and absolutley lights it up (that might also be the most unlikely case as well of course!). Worst case is hes forced to play, looks bad AND gets a serious injury which puts us on teh hook for $16M next year.

I have a problem with this. If you keep him on the roster, but can not in reality play him because of fear of the option being realized you are screwing him and yourself. To keep him hostage and away from the other 31 teams makes no sense either. Again, if you think he is that good that it will haunt you if someone picks him up... then you've screwed up.

Some of it is language...

"RGIII is hurt now. We will revevaluate and play the best man when he is cleared" would have put on the side burner some of the back up crap.

Some of it is just stupid. If RGIII failed his promise here then trade him and if you can't do that cut him. Keeping him on the payroll for 6 million dollars just so no one else can sign him is foolish.

I have a problem with this. If you keep him on the roster, but can not in reality play him because of fear of the option being realized you are screwing him and yourself. To keep him hostage and away from the other 31 teams makes no sense either. Again, if you think he is that good that it will haunt you if someone picks him up... then you've screwed up.

Its worth thinking about a couple of things though.

1. We cant cut or trade him until he is cleared from the concusion. Which has not happened yet.

2. Makes no sense to cut him until after the trade deadline. If we have not traded him by then thats when you might see him cut. May not be a market for him yet for a trade but if a QB or two gets injured early ...

I think I'm going to write a book about a "fake" football team and just put in all the crap the Skins have already gone through.

The Rock already beat your roody pooh candy ass to the punch with Ballers on HBO. ;)

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 3m3 minutes ago

We probably have to run off tackle because between them is gonna be tough sledding against Miami. #Redskins

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 3m3 minutes ago

Run right at Cameron wake #Redskins

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 7m7 minutes ago

We should and must win the line of scrimmage when we are on defense against Dolphins #Redskins

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 5m5 minutes ago

Tannehill struggles with the deep ball so our focus needs to be on intermediate routes. #Redskins

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 2m2 minutes ago

Come after the punter and kicker in block formations. They are both rookies. #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 17s17 seconds ago

Biggest worries for the #Redskins in 2015? Check out @AlGaldi's 10 Takeaways From The Preseason & Cutdown To 53 - http://www.espn980.com/2015/09/06/10-takeaways-from-the-redskins-preseason-and-cutdown-to-53/ 

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS 13m13 minutes ago

A week from now, the late games will be at the half and the early ones done and most will be ****ing about your fantasy teams by then

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 2m2 minutes ago

@PriscoCBS and as a Redskins fan I will be researching draft eligible quarterbacks. Again.

Terrance Plummer @KnightBred_41 2m2 minutes ago

@Niles_Paul84 big brah you doing good yoo

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 8m8 minutes ago

@KnightBred_41 yea, I'm straight little homie. You good?

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 Sep 3

Plummer out there showing why we need him, bruh a gorilla on special teams

Skinsweekly @Skinsweekly 9m9 minutes ago

In 2015 Im ok with getting beat. I'm not ok with beating ourselves. #Redskins

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 13m13 minutes ago

Yoo! Just now watched the season finale of Suits...1f631.png1f631.png1f631.png oh no. Didn't expect that

View 1 new Tweet

Chadwiko Menendez retweeted Skinscast

Devils advocate; can't same accusation be directed at Cousins because fans clamoured for him when RGIII struggled?

Chadwiko Menendez added,

Skinscast @skinscast
    Remember that when Cousins has a few bad games and people just like you are clamouring for Griffin #bookit https://twitter.com/swayb26/status/640619630856417281 

FS1 @FS1 5m5 minutes ago

FINAL: Marshall defeats Purdue, 41-31. Marshall's first win over a Big Ten opponent in school history! #PURDUEvsMARSHALL

We are Marshall

We're doomed.

Nah I think we'll be ok. Gruden's offense didn't look like the Greatest Show on Turf but he's at least shown he can draw up some screens. Helu could've damn near been a pro bowler based on the screen game alone. We ran a variety of WR screens with some success. I didn't see many TE screens like Gruden used to do with Gresham but Reed spent more time in the treatment room than on the field. If he can stay healthy, I'm expecting to see a few TE screens this year as well.

But we have Matt Jones and Chris Thompson who both should excel in this area. Then you also have guys like Garcon and Roberts who have shown can run WR screens with success. No need to mention DJax, we already know what's up with him. The young guys could help there too if we're able to actually sustain drives and open up the playbook a little bit.

Hell even our fullback is great in the screen game. Not to sound like a KoolAid drinker here because I'm sure there will be areas on offense this year where we'll struggle, just dont think the screen game is one of them.

Skinsweekly ‏@Skinsweekly 1m1 minute ago

We need a strong screen game against Miami. #Redskins

We're doomed.

Nah I think we'll be ok. Gruden's offense didn't look like the Greatest Show on Turf but he's at least shown he can draw up some screens.

I could be wrong but I think Larry's "We're domed" was coming from what Kirk did to end our 1st series against the Ravens - an INT on a screen pass...  Hopefully Kirk has learned his lesson on what to do if he sees something similar next time (as he said he'd either throw it at their feet or out of bounds) and we can get some of those Gruden screens to work.. :)

I could be wrong but I think Larry's "We're domed" was coming from what Kirk did to end our 1st series against the Ravens - an INT on a screen pass...  Hopefully Kirk has learned his lesson on what to do if he sees something similar next time (as he said he'd either throw it at their feet or out of bounds) and we can get some of those Gruden screens to work.. :)

No, Larry was expressing the opinion that our screens have stunk for, well, pretty much as long as I can remember.

I've really wanted us to have a screen game, for some time. Mainly as a way of keeping our QBs upright. But at least in my mind, it never works.

No, Larry was expressing the opinion that our screens have stunk for, well, pretty much as long as I can remember.

I've really wanted us to have a screen game, for some time. Mainly as a way of keeping our QBs upright. But at least in my mind, it never works.

I seem to recall a lot of WR bubble screens that worked really well under Shanny and as Rex mentioned, the screen game with Helu was working last year, although mostly in garbage time when we were so far behind, we had to throw a lot.

Archived