Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

I'll be a little disappointed if there's no movement at the bottom of the roster. That's kind of arrogant, you're basically saying you have the best depth in the league.

You know we DO have really good depth. Thing is we need some of this quality depth to develop into quality starters. Well that and someone to win the QB job and play at above replacement level as a minimum.

You know we DO have really good depth. Thing is we need some of this quality depth to develop into quality starters. Well that and someone to win the QB job and play at above replacement level as a minimum.

But having quality depth is a great change. During the Vinny years, we actually had a very good set of starters. Thing is, we never had any replacements so whether it was in game substitution or multi game replacement due to injury we were screwed. That's why the media kept getting fooled. You looked at our starters and thought... this should be a good team.

If we start having backups who can not only fill in, but start to challenge for starting positions that's when we'll know we're moving forward.

Oh don't get me wrong Burg I'm delighted that we are a deeper and more talented roster. But it's a process, these young promising players have to start taking the next step and become quality starters before we see that improved talent level reflect in the win column. Well that and find our QB from within (or more likely IMO) from outside.

Keep your timelines in your pockets boys.

Yeah, he also all but guaranteed that McCoy was going to be the week 1 starter because that's who Gruden's REAL guy was. He does some good reporting, but he also sticks to his fact-absent-opion as if it's 100% true too often for my taste.

Desean and Ross ran about the same 40 time (Desean at the combine 4.35, Ross at his Pro Day, 4.34 or 4.36). Desean's was some years ago though, so Ross might be slightly faster. Crowder is behind both of them by a tenth.

I had no idea Ross what that fast. It's great to have him. I remember the year where our only deep threat was James Thrash, and the year he left we had no one. Ugh. Now we've got Crowder, Jackson, and Ross, and possession guys Roberts, Garcon, and Grant.

I'm hoping the bj crap wasn't/isn't too distracting for Scot and team....

I think I'm going to write a book about a "fake" football team and just put in all the crap the Skins have already gone through.

Yeah, it stood out to me when Desean personally talked to Ross after a TD catch...

Desean mentored the guy during the offseason, so this was a serious "taking him under your wing" effort, not just a word of advice here or there. Nice to see DJax is still at his "worst teammate and locker room guy ever" bit. :lol:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rashad-Ross-Completes-Huge-Game-For-His-Last-Impression/3107073a-ec64-48bc-a556-d86dce57b593

Deshazor Everett Opens Eyes, Earns Roster Spot http://dlvr.it/C4Wsdt

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 3m3 minutes ago

The #Redskins practice squad thus far: ILB Plummer, CB Dunbar, TE Hamm, OLB Bates, OT Cofield, DE Crawford and RB Williams. #RedskinsTalk

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 57s58 seconds ago

@TarikCSN Agnew?

John Keim @john_keim 4m4 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Redskins practice squad: Takoby Cofield, Houston Bates, Terrance Plummer, Corey Crawford, Trey Williams, Je'Ron Hamm, Quinton Dunbar.

John Keim @john_keim 53s53 seconds ago Ashburn, VA

Also, as @MikeJonesWaPo had tweeted, a source said that FB Ray Agnew was headed to the Redskins practice squad as well. But not yet offiical

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 55s55 seconds ago

@BurgundyBlog He's expected to sign, yes. Has not yet.

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 6m6 minutes ago

Not defending the trade for No. 2 here, but what exactly have the Rams done with the haul that they received? 7-8, 7-8, 6-10...Weak Sauce

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 15m15 minutes ago

WATCH: Will the Redskins add any players cut by other teams? http://ow.ly/RRcOC  #RedskinsTalk

COPp-3PU8AA0pw6.png

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 18m18 minutes ago

WATCH: Jay Gruden is 'fired up' about Brandon Scherff http://ow.ly/RRcGg  #RedskinsTalk

COPpoMWUEAAJ_cs.png

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 24m24 minutes ago

WATCH: For Jay Gruden, keeping Rashad Ross was a 'no brainer' http://ow.ly/RRcy6  #RedskinsTalk

COPpKYBWsAACK1_.png

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Rich Tandler retweeted ADAM

Limit is 10.

Rich Tandler added,

ADAM @GETFITWITHADAM
@TarikCSN @Rich_TandlerCSN is practice squad 7 or 9 players

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Con

I don't see it due to cap cost and, especially, draft pick compensation that SEA would want.

Rich Tandler added,

Con @C0Nvict_
@Rich_TandlerCSN any possibility Scot tries to make a trade for Kam Chancellor?

Colts waived/injured RB Dan Herron (shoulder).

Herron will be placed on injured reserve if he passes through waivers. Expected to be Frank Gore's primary backup, Herron injured his shoulder returning a kickoff in the final preseason game. Coach Chuck Pagano has tried and will continue to try to defend having his backup running back return kicks in a meaningless game, but now he is faced with the more difficult task of finding a capable backup for 32-year-old Frank Gore. Rookie Josh Robinson (concussion) has yet to be cleared, and Vick Ballard (hamstring) cannot stay healthy.

Mentioned last night S Kenny Phillips' making the Saints was a great story. Well, he's being released today after team's claims.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS 9m9 minutes ago

@mikegarafolo Great story for a half a day.

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 3m3 minutes ago

Dolphins Place Rookie RB Jay Ajayi On Short-Term I.R. http://bit.ly/1iqoosj  #NFL

Matt Terl @matt_terl 5m5 minutes ago

@dcsportsbog "The Redskins use an oblate spheroid in both practices and games. MY COLUMN:"

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog 27m27 minutes ago

If RGIII stays with the Redskins, the best case is that he never plays. Worst case? Don't ask http://wapo.st/1JZKD2s

Nah. The most likely case is Grifin never takes another snap as a Redskin. The best case is he has to play through injury and absolutley lights it up (that might also be the most unlikely case as well of course!). Worst case is hes forced to play, looks bad AND gets a serious injury which puts us on teh hook for $16M next year.

Archived