Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

Maybe it's just that I only remember the bad ones. But that's my (far from perfect) memory.

As I stated, there are definitely areas on offense where Gruden needs to become more innovative with his play design. But if u go back and watch the film you'll see the screen game was not a weak point of his offense.

No, Larry was expressing the opinion that our screens have stunk for, well, pretty much as long as I can remember.

I've really wanted us to have a screen game, for some time. Mainly as a way of keeping our QBs upright. But at least in my mind, it never works.

Well, I'll be a little more confident in a screen pass caught by either Matt Jones or Thompson than Helu or the guys we've had here lately. Doesn't mean it will work this time, but at least we have guys who actually fit the mold.

...Hopefully Kirk has learned his lesson on what to do if he sees something similar next time....

And hopefully Moses will remember to cut block his man, or it won't really matter what Kirk learned.

Both of them were at fault for that play failing. (But all on Kirk for the INT)

And hopefully Moses will remember to cut block his man, or it won't really matter what Kirk learned.

Both of them were at fault for that play failing. (But all on Kirk for the INT)

Putting the blame on Moses, any of it makes no sense.  That was 110% on Kirk.  It would have been impossible to cut block him anyway, as by the time the ball was snapped Suggs had headed 5 yards out towards the sidelines.  You cannot ever throw the ball softly right at a defender 5 yards away.  Ever.  Its not Moses fault.

The screen game (WR screens excluded) with Gruden seems to be a last resort, while teams like GB, & Baltimore have mastered the art of when/why/how to run a RB screen.

As mentioned...the success with Helu was largely in garbage time, as a last resort.

I hope it will be implemented better, & with more frquency in 2015.

The screen game (WR screens excluded) with Gruden seems to be a last resort, while teams like GB, & Baltimore have mastered the art of when/why/how to run a RB screen.

As mentioned...the success with Helu was largely in garbage time, as a last resort.

I hope it will be implemented better, & with more frquency in 2015.

He tormented the Ravens with this.  Ravens fans were frustrated playing the Bengals.  Ravens fans told me on hire he likes to dink and dunk than go for home run balls.  Didn't happen with dysfunctional Bob.

He tormented the Ravens with this. Ravens fans were frustrated playing the Bengals. Ravens fans told me on hire he likes to dink and dunk than go for home run balls. Didn't happen with dysfunctional Bob.

Which is part of why i've been disappointed to this point. The play-calling has been erratic, with no identity to speak of, & no specialty to point to.

Yes...yes....there's a million reasons, or 1, depending on your level of curmudgeonly trolldom...none of which interest me. I want to see it, then believe in it. I couldn't care less why we haven't seen it...just make it happen.

Which is part of why i've been disappointed to this point. The play-calling has been erratic, with no identity to speak of, & no specialty to point to.

Yes...yes....there's a million reasons, or 1, depending on your level of curmudgeonly trolldom...none of which interest me. I want to see it, then believe in it. I couldn't care less why we haven't seen it...just make it happen.

Well we have seen it, just the short passes weren't working.

Well, I'll be a little more confident in a screen pass caught by either Matt Jones or Thompson than Helu or the guys we've had here lately. Doesn't mean it will work this time, but at least we have guys who actually fit the mold.)

What was wrong with Helu's production on screen passes?...I thought he did well on those.

Chadwiko Menendez @ChadwikoRCC 10h10 hours ago

No idea how reliable/accurate this report is, but gives an indication to what Kam Chancellor may cost in a trade.

COQx3cpU8AAVI1-.png

Pierre Garçon @PierreGarcon 7m7 minutes ago

Grateful to #UnionGameDay workers + the @AFTunion teachers that helped me get here. Happy #LaborDay. RT!

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 7h7 hours ago

"Reacting to the #Redskins 53-man Roster" Thoughts on the never ending #RGIII drama & much more http://www.dchotread.com/2015/09/07/redskins-roster-reaction  @MonumentalNtwrk #NFL

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 7h7 hours ago

http://riggosrag.com  >> Redskins 2015 Final Roster: O-line – Will Trent Williams dominate? http://buzztap.com/-ZIiK7S

Ray Agnew III @Underrated_FB 16h16 hours ago

#HTTR

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 8m8 minutes ago

Also from yesterday: Trent Murphy beats out Preston Smith for starting outside linebacker spot http://wpo.st/BMjZ0

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 8m8 minutes ago

We'll still see quite a lot of Smith, though, and he could eventually overtake Murphy.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 14m14 minutes ago

Redskins have today off, then meetings tomorrow and return to practice field on Wednesday.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 8m8 minutes ago

Also from yesterday: Trent Murphy beats out Preston Smith for starting outside linebacker spot http://wpo.st/BMjZ0

With the exception of Moses and Ihenacho there are no surprises in the starting lineup. One could have written this lineup in May. Pretty much true for back ups too. I remember last year that no one seemed to get displaced because of play. Seniority held too much power. Is this symptomatic of that?

I would have thought someone could rise up to challenge Riley, Lavaou (though it seems no one has beaten Lavaou) No surprises should be surprising.

That is going to be a very interesting game because they have the exact same concerns.  Could be an interesting chess match.  Hail

Seemed like our aggressive defense looked vulnerable to quick misdirection in the preseason.  I watched the Dolphins camp one day and they did practice some things that our defense tends to struggle with - misdirection, stopping the run out of nickel, etc.

1. They practiced running the ball a lot out of spread formations

2. They seem to be a run-oriented team just in general
3. They ran some read option
4. Tannehill's go to play seems to be same as RG3's -- the dig route or crossing route up the middle -- usually the Y Wr being the first read on that play.

They like to run to the right often and a bunch of times they used that play to set up a hitch on the left to the X receiver. They go for example in the I formation and run it twice in a row. Then stick to the same formation, motion to the right -- catch the defense moving to the right, expecting the run, then Tannehill does quick play action to the left with a quick hitch to the X receiver. 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 46s46 seconds ago

The #Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul are planning to reunite today, sources say. He’s scheduled to fly in and take an all-important physical.

Adam @DC9AdamW 8s9 seconds ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN I see that Dolphins fans are upset with you. Now I get where the "85 Bears" comment came from.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11s12 seconds ago

@DC9AdamW Yes, I committed the sin of saying this is a “winnable” game for the Redskins. Not like the Fins ever lose games they should win.

If that blurb about what the Eagles are offering Seattle is true....please seattle take the deal.

Chip Kelly is back on the crazy train

I don't know about that.  The Eagles #1 pick might end up being a late first rounder.  The secondary is their weakness, you add that guy, it could be a game changer.  With that front if it stays healthy they potentially are tough to run against as is, you add the top strong safety in the league to the mix, all of a sudden your offense against them is likely going to be one dimensional. 

The ball control idea to keep their offense off the field wouldn't be an easy task.

Archived