Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

You guys really need to watch other sports.

At this point, the Skins serve no other purpose in my life other than a source of laughter and a few happy memories. If it wasn't for ES, it would be even worse.

Embrace the suck guys. It's more fun that way.

This is tough for me. Football is literally my only sport. I'm obsessed with it, but still. I play a lot of fantasy football so that helps, I watch a lot of other teams that are actually entertaining on the field. But its the only pro sport I'm into.

everything but that last part i can see..  

one of the things that the skins need is consistency - and not the consistency of change, which a new coach would bring..  seriously don't get the hate for the guy.. not that he was the best choice but what choice did we have?  not like we had people lining up at the door for this franchise..  for me, it's about having good talent.. and the right talent to make a run.. one only needs to think back to the mid '90s when switzer took over for johnson..  you think switzer won a championship without the talent he was given?  rhetorical question..  let's just hold the course, keep our focus and get the talent SM will bring and gruden will have no other choice than ride along for a championship..   patience, my friend, is the key...  

Part of it is that he looked like a buffoon at times last year trying to manage the game, but we'll see this year how much of that was due to a poor scheme fit at the most important position and a lame duck DC that he was stuck with.

The other part is that people assume McCloughan will be able to bring in better HC candidates than Allen could.

Part of it is that he looked like a buffoon at times last year trying to manage the game, but we'll see this year how much of that was due to a poor scheme fit at the most important position and a lame duck DC that he was stuck with.

The other part is that people assume McCloughan will be able to bring in better HC candidates than Allen could.

Good coaches won't come here, and why would they.  Even for $$$$ it's a death trap.  Fans need to get over the coaching carousel and focus on draft draft draft.  The revolving door of coaches for $$$ is laughable and more laughable is the idea that a hot shot assistant would love to come here.

Breathe.

Good coaches won't come here, and why would they.  Even for $$$$ it's a death trap.  Fans need to get over the coaching carousel and focus on draft draft draft.  The revolving door of coaches for $$$ is laughable and more laughable is the idea that a hot shot assistant would love to come here.

Breathe.

Good coaches have come here, and its no worse now than it ever was....and the paycheck is just as good. Having a real personnel man in McCloughan, who has connections and respect around the league that make Allen look like the nepotism-spawned toady that he is, is a huge difference. If you don't believe that, then just wait. 

Allen couldn't pull an O'Brien, Zimmer, or Bevell. But Scot McCloughan could.

Good coaches have come here, and its no worse now than it ever was....and the paycheck is just as good. Having a real personnel man in McCloughan, who has connections and respect around the league that make Allen look like the nepotism-spawned toady that he is, is a huge difference. If you don't believe that, then just wait. 

Allen couldn't pull an O'Brien, Zimmer, or Bevell. But Scot McCloughan could.

What good coaches came here?

I don't particularly dislike Jay.

I feel like since he has been here, it seems like one mishandled episode after another

Either we do well this year or he is replaced by someone with experience. Who has enough of a spine and enough professional pull to avoid some of these avoidable controversies.

I'm worried that many have their hopes set too high regarding Scot.

I think this is very likely, when it comes to his draft ability. He'll hit and miss like the best of them, and make head scratching picks that will be either genius or bust. We'll find out in the coming years.

But I think there's no question he's better equipped to hire a HC than Allen was, period.

I'd look like a bafoon too with the results we had...  I think any coach would..  that being said, not sure what good scheme fit you're referring to to judge this year on,..  talent match to scheme isn't there yet, imo.. but we'll be there.. just takes patience..  :)

What good coaches came here?

Shanahan had been fired, but still held league-wide respect when he came here. He was seen as a big fish we couldn't get, until we did.

Gruden was a highly thought of HC candidate by many, who could have stayed in CIN or taken other interviews, and didn't. 

Money talks, its getting them in the door. We've been spurned by some names, but I have a feeling McCloughan could bring in someone highly respected that isn't a retread. 

I'm not someone who is delusional about coaches--I think its mostly about talent and you just need a leader of men who can set an example and hold guys accountable. It is no doubt going to be much more about our drafts in the coming years, than about any coach we have. 

My only point is that if/when Gruden is canned, unless he really turns it around, McCloughan is better equipped to get someone in here that can actually take advantage of the talent and who can draw in good coordinators and assistants...which is a vastly underrated part of the process. Callahan is just about the only highly respected assistant coach we've pulled in a while, and he basically got a raise to make a lateral move here because no one wants him as an OC or HC these days.

Breathe.

Ridiculous. Of course good coaches will come here. There are only 32 jobs. And lots of competition for each one. Most guys don't get to pick and choose and anyway they're all arrogant/self-confident enough to believe they can turn around any situation. The only folks who can afford to be "choosers" are the guys who have already had tremendous success. For everyone else you strike while the iron is hot. You might not get another opportunity any time soon

I'd look like a bafoon too with the results we had...  I think any coach would..  that being said, not sure what good scheme fit you're referring to to judge this year on,..  talent match to scheme isn't there yet, imo.. but we'll be there.. just takes patience..  :)

I was talking about last year. Gruden's best possible excuse for that performance is that he was stuck with a non-scheme fit at QB for a lot of the season, and now he might start the season giving all the reps to a guy he sees as a fit. We'll see if that holds water, but Gruden looked far in over his head at times last year.

Ridiculous. Of course good coaches will come here. There are only 32 jobs. And lots of competition for each one. Most guys don't get to pick and choose and anyway they're all arrogant/self-confident enough to believe they can turn around any situation. The only folks who can afford to be "choosers" are the guys who have already had tremendous success. For everyone else you strike while the iron is hot. You might not get another opportunity any time soon

Haven't seen it yet, other than retreads and friends of the family.  I will say it's ridiculous when one arrives.

My only point is that if/when Gruden is canned, unless he really turns it around, McCloughan is better equipped to get someone in here that can actually take advantage of the talent and who can draw in good coordinators and assistants...which is a vastly underrated part of the process. Callahan is just about the only highly respected assistant coach we've pulled in a while, and he basically got a raise to make a lateral move here because no one wants him as an OC or HC these days.

Hopefully on Scot.  We will see with the aftermath on Bobby Griffin 3 and his wifes tweets.  So far the clown show continues.

I think this is very likely, when it comes to his draft ability. He'll hit and miss like the best of them, and make head scratching picks that will be either genius or bust. We'll find out in the coming years.

But I think there's no question he's better equipped to hire a HC than Allen was, period.

I don't question his acumen. I'm trying to figure out if we have a ticking time bomb for a GM.

I was talking about last year. Gruden's best possible excuse for that performance is that he was stuck with a non-scheme fit at QB for a lot of the season, and now he might start the season giving all the reps to a guy he sees as a fit. We'll see if that holds water, but Gruden looked far in over his head at times last year.

Patience.. I can't stress that enough...  SM will get us the roster we need and as long as we don't keep changing the scheme every few years, we'll have us a championship...   :)

I'd look like a bafoon too with the results we had... I think any coach would.. that being said, not sure what good scheme fit you're referring to to judge this year on,.. talent match to scheme isn't there yet, imo.. but we'll be there.. just takes patience.. :)

I agree about needing to have patience, but I find myself thinking stability/continuity is maybe even more important. If Gruden/the team "bumble" through another season, I'm not sure patience will see us through. Reminds me of Fletcher and the talk of a mission statement... a vision or plan. The hope would be that SM can find a new coach that fits his vision. We've switched offensive schemes, defensive schemes, coaches, players and, most importantly, GMs for years (are we really on our 5th GM in 9 years?!) But we've never kept any sort of plan in place from one to the next.

So... that's what I'm hoping Mr. McGlouhan brings to the table. Of course, we need to be patient as he works toward that stability. :)

Won't hurt to have on hand on Sundays, just in case. Cheap too.

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling  5m

Just finished @lazarusa57’s Hail to the Redskins. Exhaustively researched, superbly written http://www.amazon.com/Hail-Redskins-Diesel-Football-Dynasty/dp/0062375733/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441683530&sr=8-1&keywords=adam+lazarus 

COWfwuuUEAAwvFD.jpg

Another NFL book released in the last year that I highly recommend: Jerry Izenberg's "Rozelle: A Biography" http://www.amazon.com/Rozelle-A-Biography-Jerry-Izenberg/dp/0803255748 

I agree about needing to have patience, but I find myself thinking stability/continuity is maybe even more important. If Gruden/the team "bumble" through another season, I'm not sure patience will see us through. Reminds me of Fletcher and the talk of a mission statement... a vision or plan. The hope would be that SM can find a new coach that fits his vision. We've switched offensive schemes, defensive schemes, coaches, players and, most importantly, GMs for years (are we really on our 5th GM in 9 years?!) But we've never kept any sort of plan in place from one to the next.

So... that's what I'm hoping Mr. McGlouhan brings to the table. Of course, we need to be patient as he works toward that stability. :)

oh absolutely..   we need stability and the patience that goes with it.. and it starts with our GM and the support he gets from above.. not sure he's our 5th GM though.. haha

oh absolutely.. we need stability and the patience that goes with it.. and it starts with our GM and the support he gets from above.. not sure he's our 5th GM though.. haha

You got me on a technicality, lol

Should have said guys in charge of personnel - Gibbs, Vinny, Shanahan, Allen, SM... but you're right, he's our first real GM in decades

cover32 Redskins @cover32_WAS 4h4 hours ago

Washington Redskins Top 5 Running Backs in Franchise History | Washington Redskins http://po.st/MLHxYE 

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 5h5 hours ago

http://riggosrag.com  >> Redskins 2015 Final Roster: OLB – Ryan Kerrigan leads young pass rushers http://buzztap.com/-2nLnUd

Eric Bickel @EBJunkies 14m14 minutes ago

Joe Gibbs on NOW... calling from the shop... wild

You got me on a technicality, lol

Should have said guys in charge of personnel - Gibbs, Vinny, Shanahan, Allen, SM... but you're right, he's our first real GM in decades

I don't know if it's fair to count Shanny & Allen. Kind of double jeopardy accounting.

Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling 8h8 hours ago

Chris Wesseling retweeted “”

That is The Diesel, John Riggins. Greatest "old" RB of all time. One of the most colorful characters in NFL history.

Chris Wesseling added,

John Keim @john_keim 15s16 seconds ago

from yesterday morning... checking out redskins roster one by one. http://es.pn/1hQisrL

John Keim @john_keim 53s54 seconds ago

Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan: 'Knee is feeling great' http://es.pn/1hQ9sTD

John Keim @john_keim 36s36 seconds ago

life in NFL: Celebrate one day, get cut the next.... Redskins CB Deshazor Everett http://es.pn/1hQHXcq

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 2m2 minutes ago

ICYMI: Redskins sign TE Anthony McCoy, waive CB Deshazor Everett http://wpo.st/iapZ0

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 4m4 minutes ago

From @lizclarketweet: A glimpse into the roller-coaster ride undrafted rookies endure in the NFL. http://wpo.st/z_pZ0

T retweeted

@TMM75 @moneymetalcakes JG talked about his race team for 5 mins. Was asked about Super Bowl or Nascar title and he liked them both.

Matt Hall @LOOMPS74 12m12 minutes ago

@TMM75 @moneymetalcakes @1067thefandc JG said Snyder never interfered in any decisions while he was there. RG3 has won a division title JG

Matt Hall @LOOMPS74 12m12 minutes ago

@TMM75 @moneymetalcakes @1067thefandc Knows how hard it is to win one and he has skills. Says Kirk is a good guy off field not sure yet on

Perry Riley Jr @PR56 6m6 minutes ago

Perry Riley Jr retweeted Lorenzo Alexander

Lol I like it! Don't act like you not using some of my swag tips out there in Cali

Perry Riley Jr added,

Lorenzo Alexander @onemangang97
I don't know @pr56 I might be rocking this #56 a little bit better plus I… https://instagram.com/p/7WiJIcB6yAbdT68sadVVSpTsY_CGnyqSdP6Lo0/ 

Archived