Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to host former Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette for visit

FrFan

I think if we swapped QB/Head coaches with other teams in our division then we might have a case.

Until Griffin and Gruden prove themselves though expectations are gonna be low and I don't think that should surprise anyone.

Agreed. It is a QB league

I agree about Gruden....I'm an RG3 guy......but what has Sam Bradford done besides get hurt every year?

Bradford has done nothing thats fair. The Eagles hype is all down to Chip Kelly though not the QB. 

Totally ridiculous hypothetical situation, but if we had Chip Kelly as HC and Eli/Romo at QB we'd be favorites for the division. 

Until we sort out the two most important positions in football though we ain't gonna go far. I haven't given up on Griffin btw but he simply has to bring it this year. 

As i always say when folks worry about a character issue guy..  i'm not inviting him over for dinner.

i don't care if he's nice.

I do care if he does his job, and if we can hit the QB with any degree of regularity, our entire defense will be light years better.

A smart signing and a smart deal.

Not sure if this is my team or not. The Redskins I'm used to would have given him a 75 million dollar contract at dinner.

~Bang

I also agree that our roster is very under-rated.  Not sure if it's the Best in the NFC East but it's pretty darn good. Defensively, our front 7 is going to be nasty. The CB position is strong. The only question mark is at Safety and I think that's going to be much improved. 

On Offense, our Receiver core is strong.  Garcon and Jackson on the outside and I think we'll see a lot of Jamison Crowder in the slot.  That's some nasty talent there.  IF he can stay healthy, Jordan Reed is right up there in the conversation about being one of the best TE's in the league.  Alfred Morris is a great RB and the addition of Matt Jones is also huge.  Yes, it still remains to be seen if our O-Line is improved and whether RG3 can return to form, but I really believe (it's the optimist in me) that we are going to be competing for the playoffs this year.

I think it's a good signing.  I'm one of the people who doesn't care much about character.  People make mistakes.  This guy has made a few.  So what?  If he can help us win football games then that's all that matters.  We aren't mentoring children here.

I thought Scott mentioned that he only want's to bring in guys that are team players and will not embarrass the organization.. not quiet clear on this signing. Also, he will most likely not be available for the first 6 weeks anyway due to suspension.

Bleacher Reports is reporting he just signed a one year deal at the league minimum. Projected to start opposite of Carrigan. Definitely an upgrade in pass rush over Murphy. I think Preston is going to develop into a starter, Junior can give him a year to develop. Still have to wait and see if there is any discipline coming from the league on his past actions.

I thought Scott mentioned that he only want's to bring in guys that are team players and will not embarrass the organization.. not quiet clear on this signing. Also, he will most likely not be available for the first 6 weeks anyway due to suspension.

Scot also said that he's willing to take risks on some guys who aren't choir boys if he felt there was good leadership in place on the team.  He must feel that way.

Projected to start opposite of Carrigan.

Who is Carrigan?  Did we get him for the league min as well?  

We aren't mentoring children here.

Actually, in a very real way they are. Even though they shouldn't be, pro athletes are role models to kids. You, I, and everyone else emulated them in play as kids. Back in my day though our understanding of the player was limited to the football field, their plays and celebration. Then, it became play, celebration, bling and tats. Now, I bet you a whole lotta kids are following their hero's every word on Twitter...

and trust me they are learning.

With Junior joining the squad I predict a top 3 if not #1 D this year. The only bad position I see on the defense this year are the two unproven strong safeties. If one of them can show up I think we could be the best d in the league. If that translates to the the offense we could be playoff contenders.

Why do I do this to myself every year? :P

By the way, Mara is working the phones right now trying to get Galette suspended asap lol...

I posted this in the Twitter thread then came over here and saw your post.

Meanwhile at the league office the phone rings....

Goodell: "Yes Mr. Mara, I did see that the Redskins signed Galette. I understand, the press release announcing his suspension is being prepared now. That is right 8 games so he will miss the first Giants - Redskins game. No, thank you sir it is a pleasure working for you."

Scot also said that he's willing to take risks on some guys who aren't choir boys if he felt there was good leadership in place on the team.  He must feel that way.

Who is Carrigan?  Did we get him for the league min as well?  

Hes not as soft as Cardigan, but his coverage isnt as good.  Especially up around the shoulders...

Bleacher Reports is reporting he just signed a one year deal at the league minimum. Projected to start opposite of Carrigan. Definitely an upgrade in pass rush over Murphy. I think Preston is going to develop into a starter, Junior can give him a year to develop. Still have to wait and see if there is any discipline coming from the league on his past actions.

I'm guessing Trent/Preston will be on the field 1st and 2nd down while JG will rush the QB in 3rd downs. This D is going to be nasty!!!

Deal is good and you never have enough passrushers...only I rather did not sign him. Preston and Trent need to develop. You dont develop when sitting on the bench.

So not like super happy but not pissed either.

Yeah, you don't win ball games with players that are not developed either.  Gift and curse.  Put the best players on the field, if that excludes Trent or Preston, so be it.

Archived