Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to host former Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette for visit

FrFan

I'm sorry but we are just not good enough of a team to sit above everyone else and make perfect moral signings. Believe me I wish that we were, but we are not. I'm going to trust the decision makers to make the move that will best benefit this team.

If he can pass the physical, I'd lock him on a team friendly 3 year deal.

I'd imagine he will want a one year 'prove it' deal so he can hit free agency again next year and get another big pay day. Works for us if he has a big year here and if we can get an option in the deal even better.

Timing is odd to me, because just yesterday I watched a TV pundit talk about the Kerrigan deal. He said it was Scotty Mac sending a message that he rewards high character guys. And then today happened....

Teams reward players who produce. It helps if they are good team guys, but production is what gets you paid.

Now there ARE limits in terms of what teams will tolerate but that again is related to production. NFL personal conduct policy will apply though and this guy could well be looking at a suspension of some kind.

If we were to sign him to a one year deal and he had a really good season, would we still get a compensation pick in 2017 if he signed a large deal with another team? I thought they changed that when pertaining to one year deals....

I think the only way Im okay with this, considering it doesnt seem to be a position of need, is if its a 1 year prove-it deal, where because the Saints are on the hook for his guaranteed money, we can just cut him at any point he starts acting up with little penalty.

if he agrees to a prove it "one year" deal to see how he meshes with the team and stays out of trouble, i would sign him in a heartbeat. he has unquestionable talent and would be a massive upgrade over smith or murphy, in fact he would probably be the best linebacker on the team. give him a deal where he gets very little guaranteed money and backload it with incentives for play on the field and being a good boy off the field. If this happens, it's a no brainer to get it done. HAIL!

Suddenly our from 7 looks like it could be nasty

Hatcher - Knighton - Paea

Gallete - Robinson - Riley - Kerrigan

We need to see if Hatcher returns to form, and if Riley bounces back from the early part of last year, but on paper that has the potential to be the best front 7 we've had in quite a while.

I'd actually be happy to see Murphy in there on 1st and 2nd downs and put Galette in there on pass rushing downs.

Suddenly our from 7 looks like it could be nasty

Hatcher - Knighton - Paea

Gallete - Robinson - Riley - Kerrigan

We need to see if Hatcher returns to form, and if Riley bounces back from the early part of last year, but on paper that has the potential to be the best front 7 we've had in quite a while.

I'd actually be happy to see Murphy in there on 1st and 2nd downs and put Galette in there on pass rushing downs.

Yea.  I'd rather have Murphy play well enough to be the starter and have Galette as a situational pass rusher.  From what I understand, he struggles when teams run at him.

Player wise its an outstanding addition, person wise I'm not sure. I've faith McCloughan knows what he's doing though and the fact DHall and Knighton were backing the signing makes me a bit more comfortable with it. 

First time in years that we have genuine good competition in a number of positions. Exciting to see. 

Let's cut the crap....Our roster is the best in the NFC East...if this roster was in Dallas, Philly or NY; they would be picked to win the division....but because We're hated for so many reasons, everyone is picking us to finish last.

I think if we swapped QB/Head coaches with other teams in our division then we might have a case. 

Until Griffin and Gruden prove themselves though expectations are gonna be low and I don't think that should surprise anyone. 

Who has the best defense in the NFC East?    Skins

Who has the best weapons in the NFC East?  Skins

I think if we swapped QB/Head coaches with other teams in our division then we might have a case. 

Until Griffin and Gruden prove themselves though expectations are gonna be low and I don't think that should surprise anyone. 

I agree about Gruden....I'm an RG3 guy......but what has Sam Bradford done besides get hurt every year?

Archived