Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

19 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

(For the record, number of holding penalties against Giants linemen for the whole game?  1)

I still believe that penalty should have been called a facemask, because he did hold him with the facemask.

One fact you forgot @Reaper Skins is the punch on Compton that didn't even throw a flag. Was disturbing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I still believe that penalty should have been called a facemask, because he did hold him with the facemask.

One fact you forgot @Reaper Skins is the punch on Compton that didn't even throw a flag. Was disturbing.

That and the facemask that was never called. I mean on the replay the ref was staring right at it as it happened. That was a very conscious choice not to throw the flag. It wasn't missed. It was impossible to miss.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

when did the punch happen because I missed it? the facemask was so blatant it was sickening! as well as the late hit by that punk kennan that was not called! yet, play after we get called for a hold hahaah . wow! just shake your head those occurrences.

Skins sucked first and foremost the headline for the game is "Barry's defense keeps Manning in a whole meaningless game"..LOL

The flag during the commercial break was the start....we had the ball at the 48 yard line..geesh...complete crap!

The blatant face mask on Norman that wasn't called was sooooo bad...pathetic. (I woke up my grandson's nap yelling at the TV.....the wife wasn't too happy about that one..LOL).

But the ding ding ding winner was when they threw the flag for delay of game against the Giants and then the refs decide that the coach called time out..and when the camera pans to coach macadoodoo he's laughing to one of his players" I didn't even call a timeout"..and FOX knew it and didn't say a word.

"Hey guys can we find any coach calling time out"..nope...HA..HA..HA....LOL

The NFL is a JOKE and has been for about 17 years now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kost203 said:

when did the punch happen because I missed it?

That was in the fourth Q deep in our territory. Done by one of their lineman. Maybe after that bomb from Eli to that guy I forgot...

That's supposed to be a 15 yards penalty and ejection if I'm right. If that happens, it's no longer a chip shot.

i mentioned this is the the game day thread because o forgot about this one....

what the hell was with the official physically blocking Kirk from snapping the ball after the Garcon reception along the sideline? for the record i don't think it was a catch but i also have NEVER in over 30 years of watching football seen a ref bar a qb from getting to the line. seemingly just to let the other team get a look at the replay. what other reason could there be?

then of course the human **** stick that is joe buck chuckles and bloviates..."you gotta slow down there Kirk".....why? why does he need to slow down? isn't that the  definition of the "hurry up" in the hurry up offense?

which brings me to a bigger point, buck is just the mouthpiece of the nfl's momentary popular narrative. go back and watch games he's called and listen. that jackass is constantly telling the listening audience what he, or his bosses, want you to see, or more importantly remember, NOT what is actually happening. 

i started paying attention to this a few seasons ago during a game against dallas. they punted and both teams had turned their backs to the camera view from behind the punter. plain as day a cow**** runs full speed into one of our guys nailing him square in the back......surprise! no call. i turned to my buddy and said "we'll never see that replay again". however, right after the commercial they DID show it again and joe buck actually praises the offender for his ATHLETICISM for being able to make such a tremendous block.

since then I've noticed his BS every single game, he literally just lies during the live broadcast and gets away with it.

The truth of the matter is refs are extremely incompetent. Every team in at least one game during the year will get screwed by a dumb call or two or five made by the refs. This is why it's important coaches keep the players' minds right if a call doesn't go their way. It was clear in the first half our guys were frustrated with calls.

Pete Carroll's defensive philosophy is great. He tells his corners to be super physical/handsy (not to the face) every play because he knows the refs won't call it every play. Adjust to the refs  

• Like 2

Thanks for the link Riggo there's a lot of good info in that article.  Myself and several others definitely anticipated Norman being targeted this season after that interview he gave where he called the refs "The Mob".

The ending section is also particularly interesting:

Biggest revelation no one seems to care about

Three times in 12 months, Pereira has gone on record to accuse NFL referees of circumventing league policy by accepting illicit help from replay officials via their wireless headsets. The league allows discussion between the parties only in cases of official reviews or certain administrative issues. But Pereira said he sees it occur much more often than that. In essence, he is calling out clandestine discussions that arbitrate games in a way that can't be accounted for.

I've noticed very little recognition of this revelation, which the NFL has not commented on, but to me, it is a big deal.

The intent might be noble, and the end result productive, but there seems to be something inherently wrong with the process. As Pereira noted, everyone involved in the game -- players, coaches and fans -- should know how games are being officiated and who is making the decisions. Are the conversations equal and fair to both teams? Is an agenda being followed? These are among the questions raised when stated policies are disregarded.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2017 at 10:13 AM, goskins10 said:

The ultimate conspiracy!! Dare we think it? Thought this was too funny not to post somewhere. Warning - There is some bad language. May not want to watch with small children nearby.

Oh yes.  I dare.   I mentioned this back at the beginning of the 2015 season.  That was the first year that the NFL had a marketing partnership with FanDuel and DraftKings.  fantasy games are considered "games of chance", not gambling, so there is nothing in the rule book that would prevent a referee from playing fantasy football.

Evidence and links in my full post below - I first noticed it when the number of overall flags called for the season was eclipsed from the year before after only 3 weeks.  Refs using flags to determine the outcome of plays to better suit "big name" fantasy players

http://es.redskins.com/topic/388511-the-conspiracy-thread/?do=findComment&comment=10381199

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another offseason, another example of our division rival cheating.  This team's owner is the head of the competition committee that ensures ethics and fair play ladies and gentlemen!  Can't make this stuff up

"The emails were filed Tuesday in New Jersey’s Bergen County Superior Court by three memorabilia collectors who are pressing a civil racketeering suit against the Giants, Manning, Skiba, Steiner and others, including team co-owner and CEO John Mara.

Related court papers allege that the emails prove “Manning was looking to give non-game-used helmets to Steiner to satisfy — fraudulently — his contractual obligation” with Steiner.

The legal filing also alleges that Big Blue failed to produce the Manning-Skiba emails — between the athlete’s old-school AOL account and an official NFL account — even though “they claim to have no document destruction policy.”

In that exchange, Skiba allegedly admitted to plaintiff Eric Inselberg that Manning had asked him to create “BS” versions of a game-used helmet and jersey because Manning “didnt want to give up the real stuff.”

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Another offseason, another example of our division rival cheating.  This team's owner is the head of the competition committee that ensures ethics and fair play ladies and gentlemen!  Can't make this stuff up

"The emails were filed Tuesday in New Jersey’s Bergen County Superior Court by three memorabilia collectors who are pressing a civil racketeering suit against the Giants, Manning, Skiba, Steiner and others, including team co-owner and CEO John Mara.

Related court papers allege that the emails prove “Manning was looking to give non-game-used helmets to Steiner to satisfy — fraudulently — his contractual obligation” with Steiner.

The legal filing also alleges that Big Blue failed to produce the Manning-Skiba emails — between the athlete’s old-school AOL account and an official NFL account — even though “they claim to have no document destruction policy.”

In that exchange, Skiba allegedly admitted to plaintiff Eric Inselberg that Manning had asked him to create “BS” versions of a game-used helmet and jersey because Manning “didnt want to give up the real stuff.”

The most surprising thing about that is there are people still willing to pay good money for Eli Manning's game-worn gear

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the strength of schedule theory:

Past 5 years, the combined records of the teams in our division:

Cowboys:  37-27

Eagles: 34-30

Giants: 30-34

Redskins: 24-39-1

Hardest schedule within division for past 5 years:

2017: Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles

2016: Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants

2015: Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys

2014: Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants

2013: Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys

For the last 5 years, we have been the weakest team in the division.  Despite this, in 5 years we have NEVER been given the easiest strength of schedule within our division.  We have also NEVER been given the second easiest strength of schedule within the division.  In fact, 4 out of the past 5 years we have been given the HARDEST schedule in the division, with the one year exception being the second hardest in 2015 (1 place lower than the Giants).

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

For the last 5 years, we have been the weakest team in the division.  Despite this, in 5 years we have NEVER been given the easiest strength of schedule within our division.  We have also NEVER been given the second easiest strength of schedule within the division.  In fact, 4 out of the past 5 years we have been given the HARDEST schedule in the division, with the one year exception being the second hardest in 2015 (1 place lower than the Giants).

It makes sense. The SoS is judged by the previous season's opponents' records. In a scenario where we're coming off a season with a poor record, our following season's opponents SoS would appear easier because they'd be playing us. And being that we'd be playing everyone in our division twice, assuming they all had better records than us, our schedule would be more difficult than theirs.

All that being said, I'm not happy about our schedule next season. Last year we had the unprecedented Sunday night game followed by Thanksgiving day game. This upcoming season we got smacked again. Out of our non-divisonal opponents, three teams have distinct home/road splits- Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs. We play each of them in their house. Guess where the Cowboys play them?

• Like 1

You guys do know he schedule is set for years to come, right. There are only 2 games based on last years results. This isn't the old days where a 1st place team plays a stacked schedule and the last place team is loaded with cupcakes. The only complaint about the schedule should be the when we play teams. Last year it was a joke with the Sunday night Thursday road game. 

• Like 2

I don't have any "conspiracies" about this schedule. The games that you guys think are "difficult" or "unfair" now, could be EASY by the start of the season, because of injuries in training camp or preseason or throughout the regular season. On paper, I don't see any disadvantages. Just be happy we don't have to travel for our thanksgiving night game after being on the road in New Orleans. Also, I remember people saying how "unfair" it is that we have a Christmas Eve day game. News flash: everybody has one, except for 4 teams (2 games on Monday Christmas Day). It's only "unfair" because you guys want to be with family on that day. The NFL doesn't decide the schedule based on that. Sorry. 

• Like 2

While I get the arguments about SoS,etc., I am kinda of the opinion that A:You can cobble together an argument pro or con any issue or bias, just cuz you see it doesn't mean it's really there, and B: **** 'em, build this team into a terror, an absolute wrecking crew that doesn't have to give a rats ass who is on the schedule 'cuz we're gonna **** em up.

I know this isn't very much of an intellectual argument, but as a fan that's what I want to see, we don't care, we don't HAVE to care 'cuz we're comin' forya. The media doesn't take a snap, headlines don't get posted on scoreboards, smiling doesn't win you gold medals kinda attitude.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, Reaper Skins said:

That's because we never had the 3-13 or 4-12 Redskins on our schedule lol...

On 5/12/2017 at 3:28 PM, CTskin said:

All that being said, I'm not happy about our schedule next season. Last year we had the unprecedented Sunday night game followed by Thanksgiving day game. This upcoming season we got smacked again. Out of our non-divisonal opponents, three teams have distinct home/road splits- Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs. We play each of them in their house. Guess where the Cowboys play them?

It's a formula.  You could figure out every team's oponents and where they play for the next 10 years minus 2ganes a season. 

And for those you know the place and division.

• Like 1