Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins corner Josh Norman was fined $36,464 for his horse collar penalty vs. Seattle Sunday, per source. Norman had said earlier Friday that he would appeal the fine.

Josh Norman's horse collar fine is twice as expensive as EVERY OTHER horse collar penalty that has been called so far this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/fines/horse-collar-tackle/

Aaaaaaaaaaaand you're gonna tell us that Cam wasn't fine for his helmet-to-helmet on Brian Quick right?

45 minutes ago, Paul Cumberland said:

I thought Graham almost took Norman's head off by a pretty nasty facemask on that play..  Pretty sure Josh didn't appreciate it and let him know about it after the play...  Gonna guess the league didn't take the facemask into consideration when passing out the fine....

There's a rule that allows dirty plays on Redskins players. In those situations, players responsibles are not being fined, they're getting a Bonus from Mara.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Paul Cumberland said:

wasn't a stiff arm, imo...  was a clear hold of the facemask...  that said, norman shouldn't have done the punch after the play was over, which combined with the horse collar is why he was fined more than others this year for simply doing a horse collar. 

Thats the one hypocritical call I would like to see changed by the rules committee.  Legally it wasnt a facemask...  but if Graham was on defense he would have been flagged and probably fined for the same move.  Josh gotta keep his cool and let the refs hand out the on-field punishment.

15 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Thats the one hypocritical call I would like to see changed by the rules committee.  Legally it wasnt a facemask...  but if Graham was on defense he would have been flagged and probably fined for the same move.  Josh gotta keep his cool and let the refs hand out the on-field punishment.

It actually is a rule. When stiff-arming a would be tackler, runners are allowed to touch the face mask, but not grab. Grabbing the defender's face mask by a runner is a personal foul infraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intentional grounding that let the clock runs off, then Refs that had another 10 second run off on top of it.

Flag thrown when the opposing coach complain...

Players not ejected when they should have been...

That's twice in three weeks that we've been victims of poor clock operating... At our own depends both times.

There's some fuel for the conspiracy this week.

9 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Can there be intentional grounding when no one is close to sacking the qb?  I thought part of the rule states  "to keep from being sacked"

Well league already apologized to Bruce for the wrong call.

A call that was called after Payton complained as the refs didn't throw a flag oh the field.

So now, league and Refs thinks everything's fine when the opposing coach starts to refs... Huge penalty + 10 seconds run off that should have never been.

• Like 1

League Officials Inform Redskins of Blown Call

"Once again, the Washington Redskins can point there fingers at the officials.

According to Mike Jones of USA Today, team president Bruce Allen received word from league officials that the devastating intentional grounding on the Redskins' potential game-winning drive was the incorrect call, a penalty that took them out of field goal range. Cousins was sacked on the next play of the game to send it to overtime......."

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Report-League-officials-inform-Redskins-of-blown-call-110785146

Link to play

WOODY: Just like that, a victory disappears and the Redskins lose another game they appeared to have won

"Cousins said he saw the coaches signaling from the sideline to throw a pass. He didn’t realize they wanted him to call an audible and throw the pass to someone. He thought they wanted him to throw it away in the vicinity of Crowder.

“I thought if he (Crowder) was in the area where the ball was thrown, they wouldn’t flag it,” Cousins said.

“But I can understand why the flag was thrown in the sense it appeared like he wasn’t trying to catch it, so it looks like I was throwing it to nobody.”

He was throwing it to nobody because Crowder didn’t see the signal from the sideline. That’s normally written off as a miscommunication. No harm, no foul. Next play, please.

Not this time.

Edited by Reaper Skins

so they called the grounding because Payton complained.  He knew there wold be a ten second run off.  If a player tries to steal time from the other team get called for delay of game and penalized.  Coaches after two minutes should get the same

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I would have loved for them to not have thrown the flag. I'm also aware that technically they shouldn't have. But I don't think it was a conspiracy...just a blown call. The play looked very, very odd so it's not shocking that they threw the flag. 

yea but they threw the fag 8 seconds after the play was over when Payton was screaming at them.  So what exactly did they see to throw that flag?  Was Cousins under duress?  NOPE.  That is it, no intentional grounding.  That IS the definition of intentional grounding so these refs didn't know the rule, or it was a conspiracy.  No other explanation.  Either way these clowns should never ref a NFL game again.  The blew many holding calls, and a couple PIs one to Doctson that should have been so freaking obvious.  They are not even HS caliber refs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

yea but they threw the fag 8 seconds after the play was over when Payton was screaming at them.  So what exactly did they see to throw that flag?  Was Cousins under duress?  NOPE.  That is it, no intentional grounding.  That IS the definition of intentional grounding so these refs didn't know the rule, or it was a conspiracy.  No other explanation.  Either way these clowns should never ref a NFL game again.  The blew many holding calls, and a couple PIs one to Doctson that should have been so freaking obvious.  They are not even HS caliber refs.

Or someone from the competition committee in NY (Mara?) told the refs to throw the damn flag to put our team in shambles so they have nothing left for his team next thursday?

• 3 months later...

Two of our pending free agents have failed physicals.

Ryan Grant's came days after the Ravens were universally lambasted for overpaying for him and Michael Crabtree became available.

Now Breeland has been denied a contract with the Panthers due to an infected foot.

Suspicious?  Who knows, but looks like we will have several less compensatory picks than originally thought.   

Either way, seems worthy of adding to the database

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/16/17130150/ryan-grant-baltimore-ravens-contract-free-agency-2018-physical

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921767/article/bashaud-breeland-fails-physical-wont-sign-with-panthers

Edited by Reaper Skins

On 3/16/2018 at 4:00 PM, Reaper Skins said:

Two of our pending free agents have failed physicals.

Ryan Grant's came days after the Ravens were universally lambasted for overpaying for him and Michael Crabtree became available.

Now Breeland has been denied a contract with the Panthers due to an infected foot.

Suspicious?  Who knows, but looks like we will have several less compensatory picks than originally thought.   

Either way, seems worthy of adding to the database

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/16/17130150/ryan-grant-baltimore-ravens-contract-free-agency-2018-physical

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921767/article/bashaud-breeland-fails-physical-wont-sign-with-panthers

Is the database to which you refer real or figurative? Just curious!

1 hour ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Is the database to which you refer real or figurative? Just curious!

This thread is pretty much the database lol.  i just try to make note and provide evidence for anytime something shady or suspicious concerning the Redskins happens.  

Edited by Reaper Skins

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

lol. only redskins fans would have a conspiracy thread :P 

Cowboys and Patriots fans have conspiracy threads as well.

For Dallas fans, the Ezekiel Elliot thread was epic.  You have an accuser who's texts show her (paraphrasing here) saying... The police are on their way, tell them he hit me... Friend's response "you want me to lie"... Her "yeah".  They also have her texts discussing blackmailing him over a sex tape.  She refuses to make any accusations under oath.

Then, the NFL investigates.  Only one person interviews her (I think it was a woman who was a former domestic violence prosecutor).  That person says they didn't believe the accuser, and recommend no punishment.  So, that investigator is told her services are no longer needed, and is dropped from the investigation.  They then suspend him.  Zeek and the Cowboys appeal, asking for the right to ask the accuser questions under oath... So, Jerry gets fined for appealing the decision.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At first glance, I can see a lot of this thread is about either referees or the executive league office.

But I assume, without reading all 30 pages, that the media has also been covered in this subject matter.

Obviously yes.

It wouldn't be a conspiracy if media wasn't involved.

They're part of it.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:29 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

At first glance, I can see a lot of this thread is about either referees or the executive league office.

But I assume, without reading all 30 pages, that the media has also been covered in this subject matter.

Russia and facebook as well...

• 1 month later...

This thread is still alive? Sweet merciful God, make it stop. This is, without a doubt, the worst thread in the history of the internet.

By the way, you guys know that Chris Samuels didn't really need to retire in 2010, right?

THINK ABOUT IT, MAN!!!

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff