Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

40 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

So for those of us who sarcastically moan and groan about the ref being against us, I get it.  But for those who believe with all their heart that the refs and league are against only us for whatever reason or notion, that's sad.  But whatever helps you sleep at night.  Fact is, every team suffers and benefits from bad calls.  We just benefited from one the other day, that's how it goes.

How is it possible that you could read Reaper’s response to your post then come back with this? ?

This thread is for sharing semi-plausible  to wildly implausible or impossible conspiracy theories. Please don’t try to police it with logic. 

After the Panthers game I am convinced that Gruden has had a controller implanted in his brain by John Mara. Surely if you watched the game you heard Tony Romo suggest that rather than going three and out after the TD that brought the score to 20-17, the Skins should use play action (or similar) to help open up the passing game to move the chains and run the clock. He was absolutely right. What did we do? We called the most absolutely predictable plays that would lead to a three and out. This is SOP for the Gruden Skins. I think he gets to that point then finds his voice hijacked by a mystery entity (Mara or designee) who insists on the most unimaginative and predictable plays possible. Somehow we overcame it this time but it happens so often that I think this is the only explanation. 

See that? That is an acceptable use of this thread. HTTR. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

The Mara has mind control on Gruden at the end of half or games is completely believable.  I don’t think it should be in the conspiracy thread at all.  It should be front thread news....

Right?

Even Tony Romo - TONY GOMER ****IN’ PYLE ROMO - knows the obvious pitfall and yet Gruden stumbles right into it for the 34th time. SMMFH again. 

**** Mara!

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I tell you what you can throw out the window.. the Redskins losing because I am wearing boxer briefs that are the same color as the team we're playing that day... the color of the boxer briefs I wore Sunday ..color of the Cowboys

Holy ****. It’s not as specific as boxers for me but we lose when I wear Skins gear and win when I wear clothes with the other team’s colours. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Holy ****. It’s not as specific as boxers for me but we lose when I wear Skins gear and win when I wear clothes with the other team’s colours. 

Wellpp we know what we got to do to keep this going...ya got any red n black boxer briefs I can borrow for when we play the Falcons?...doohhhh lol jus meesin around..

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Obviously there's not only a media bias against the Skins, but I also noticed many of these talk show hosts actually know very little about the team.

The fail to know key aspects and changes made to the team. It's like they do no research at all.

My personal theory for this is that when you list out all 32 nfl teams alphabetically, the Washington Redskins are always the last ones.

So when national writers and reporters are doing their weekly recaps, predictions, research for their columns etc. on all the teams, by the time they reach the Redskins they are basically out of steam, tired of writing, on their last legs and basically phoning it in. 

Hence, less comprehensive, in depth analysis  :816:

• Like 3

26-Portis

46-Betts

Brunell-Good Oline

Got blown out to Giants but very good defense 

Final Record 10-6...Brunell ran out of gas at the end.

26-Peterson

46-Bibbs

Smith-Good Oline

Got blown out to Saints but

Very Good Defense

Final Record and story...hope is different but may end similar.

Very mirror like seasons. Hope this next offseason is completely different though lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Game log from the Falcons game: 

Almost every possession had an instance of a +10 yard play being called back due to a flag either on the same play or the next one.

First Drive (not 10 yards, but biggest play of the drive)

- 2nd & 6 at WSH 29

(14:25 - 1st) A.Smith pass short middle to J.Reed to WAS 35 for 6 yards (D.Riley). PENALTY on WAS-S.Lauvao, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 29 - No Play.

Second Drive

3rd & 1 at WSH 35

(8:40 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to P.Richardson to WAS 46 for 11 yards (D.Trufant).

• 1st & 10 at WSH 46

(8:01 - 1st) A.Peterson right end to WAS 45 for -1 yards (G.Jarrett; D.Senat). WAS-M.Moses was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. PENALTY on WAS-M.Moses, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 46 - No Play. 76 - Knee injury

• Fifth Drive

• -1st & 10 at 50

(0:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass deep left to J.Doctson to ATL 22 for 28 yards (D.Kazee). PENALTY on WAS-M.Moses, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.

• Sixth Drive

-3rd & 4 at WSH 29

(9:13 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass deep left to J.Doctson pushed ob at ATL 47 for 24 yards (I.Oliver). PENALTY on WAS-J.Doctson, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced at ATL 47.

•  

2nd & 10 at WSH 38

(7:59 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to A.Peterson pushed ob at ATL 37 for 25 yards (JA.Crawford). PENALTY on WAS-B.Scherff, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 41.

• 2nd & 17 at WSH 31

(7:33 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep middle to P.Richardson. WAS-B.Scherff was injured during the play. He is Out. 75 - Shoulder injury PENALTY on WAS-M.Moses, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 31.

• Seventh Drive

• 2nd & 6 at WSH 27

• (5:37 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass deep left to M.Harris to ATL 40 for 33 yards (S.Neasman).

• 1st & 10 at ATL 40

(4:57 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to P.Richardson to ATL 35 for 5 yards (B.Poole; B.Carter).

• 2nd & 5 at ATL 35

(4:30 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to M.Harris to ATL 20 for 15 yards (D.Kazee).

• 1st & 10 at ATL 20

(3:53 - 3rd) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to A.Peterson. PENALTY on WAS-G.Christian, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ATL 20 - No Play.

• Eighth Drive

• 3rd & 3 at WSH 42

(14:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Smith sacked ob at WAS 38 for -4 yards (JA.Crawford). Penalty on WAS-G.Christian, Offensive Holding, declined. Penalty on WAS-M.Moses, Offensive Holding, declined.

For reference, Washington had 7 offensive holding penalties called against them this game.  Falcons had 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/11/04/washington-redskins-vs-atlanta-falcons/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0430a9830bb4

Too many penalties: A holding penalty on Shawn Lauvao derailed Washington’s first possession and was a sign of things to come, as the Redskins were penalized 10 times for 147 yards in the loss. Most of the flags were of the offensive holding variety, which may have been at least partly a result of a shakeup along the offensive line. In addition to left tackle Trent Williams, who was inactive for the game, Lauvao and Brandon Scherff both exited the game with injuries. The situation was so bad that defensive lineman Matt Ioannidis was prepared to fill in as an emergency replacement if another offensive lineman went down. One series in the third quarter provided a microcosm of the Redskins’ afternoon. Josh Doctson was flagged 15 yards for taunting after spinning the ball along the Falcons’ sideline with Washington trailing 28-7. Two plays later, a holding penalty on Scherff wiped out a 25-yard gain by Peterson on a screen pass. Then, while trainers tended to an injured Scherff, Morgan Moses gave a referee an earful and was whistled for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

here's an article with player and coach reactions to the refs from that game

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/05/washington-players-coaches-upset-with-officials-after-penalty-filled-loss/

Edited by Reaper Skins

I knew the game was over when on their initial 3rd down attempt, Falcons Julio Jones reaches out and hits Dunbar in the face mask, then grabs his jersey, allowing Sanu to get free for easy catch and first down, but no offensive PI is called. Immediately turned to my buddy and said, “This game is in the books, Skins have zero chance.”

He told me I was being too negative, and I retorted, that he should wait and see what other ridiculous calls go against the Skins. Midway through the 3rd quarter, he looks at me incredulous, and says that I called that from the get go. Jets fan sitting next to us at the bar couldn’t believe a number of calls that went against the Skins either, said, “The League must really hate Dan Snyder.”

Just life as a Redskins fan...

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^i wish the nfl would make it a rule for refs that they can’t penalize a team just for their hatred of the owner or of the team. (Referring to what @Long n Left said about “the league must really hate dan Snyder”). 

Now, i domy exactly believe that conspiracy though, but if it is true, then that would seem a bit childish for refs to do that to a team out of hatred. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^i wish the nfl would make it a rule for refs that they can’t penalize a team just for their hatred of the owner or of the team. (Referring to what @Long n Left said about “the league must really hate dan Snyder”). 

Now, i domy exactly believe that conspiracy though, but if it is true, then that would seem a bit childish for refs to do that to a team out of hatred. 

For the last 3 games we averaged 56 yards of penalties during our winning streak.

Against the Falcons we got 147. Including a blatant 47 DPI from Norman, and that was fun to watch.

Also missed by the Refs:

- Brandon Scherff being hit AND injured on a cheap shot AFTER the whistle. NO FLAG.

- Alex Smith gets hits in the head AFTER stepping out of bounds. NO FLAG.

And NFL said via a tweet that, well, it was legit...

Sadly for them, NFL rules stipulates that this is a Personal Foul:

Article 12. Striking, Kicking, or Kneeing Opponents

All players are prohibited from:

1. striking an opponent with his fists
  2. kicking or kneeing an opponent
  3. striking, swinging at, or clubbing the head, neck, or face of an opponent with the wrist(s), arm(s), elbow(s), or hand(s)

Exceptions: Contact to the head, neck, or face of an opponent with the palm of the hand is permitted:

1. by a defensive player who is attempting to ward off an offensive player at the line of scrimmage, provided that it is not a repeated act against the same opponent during any one contact; or
  2. by any player in a personal attempt to recover a loose ball.

Penalty: For fouls in (a) through (c): Loss of 15 yards. If any of the fouls is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant, the offender may be disqualified as long as the entire action is observed by the official(s). If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

- Mohamed Sanu blocks TWO guys down the road while the ball is in the air, or not even ****ing thrown. NO FLAG. Which resulted in a TD on the play.

And all of these happens a week after we beat the Giants? Coincidence?

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So.....

That thread will have some fuel added to it...

1 - Alex Smith gets sacked with Watt landing on him and nearly breaking his neck with the whole body. But there's no flag. Clay Matthews would probably like to have a talk with those refs. Icing on the cake is Alex gets injured for the season. Maybe even more...

2 - With game on the line and a critical 3rd down for Houston with less than 2 minutes remaining, Washington's D stop Houston's QB Watson scrambling short of the 1st down. On the other side of the field, Norman gets flagged for having a hand on Hopkins. Giving an extra set of down of Houston, and allowing them to burn 50 seconds or so, and costing our last 2 TO.

3 - With the game still on the line, Colt throws deep to Doctson. Doctson gets run in by a DB and jump over by another. Preventing the catch with the ball on him. Flag quietly remained in the refs' pockets. Ref who was a yard away from the action.

4 - Many probably missed it, but early in the game, on a 3rd down, there was an illegal use of hands, I believe it was Settle.  Settle was flagged for this, which was true, but noone ever flagged that Houston's OL guy that was leveraging Settle's pads into his face. If that's not holding.. Nothing is...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Norman play vs. Doctson play.  Refs decided one of these was bad enough to earn a flag, guess which one?

There also was a play in the game were a Houston DB did exactly what Norman did and drew no flag. Announcers said it was perfectly reffed at the time being.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

So.....

That thread will have some fuel added to it...

1 - Alex Smith gets sacked with Watt landing on him and nearly breaking his neck with the whole body. But there's no flag. Clay Matthews would probably like to have a talk with those refs. Icing on the cake is Alex gets injured for the season. Maybe even more...

2 - With game on the line and a critical 3rd down for Houston with less than 2 minutes remaining, Washington's D stop Houston's QB Watson scrambling short of the 1st down. On the other side of the field, Norman gets flagged for having a hand on Hopkins. Giving an extra set of down of Houston, and allowing them to burn 50 seconds or so, and costing our last 2 TO.

3 - With the game still on the line, Colt throws deep to Doctson. Doctson gets run in by a DB and jump over by another. Preventing the catch with the ball on him. Flag quietly remained in the refs' pockets. Ref who was a yard away from the action.

4 - Many probably missed it, but early in the game, on a 3rd down, there was an illegal use of hands, I believe it was Settle.  Settle was flagged for this, which was true, but noone ever flagged that Houston's OL guy that was leveraging Settle's pads into his face. If that's not holding.. Nothing is...

Yep.  Offensive lineman had his hands around both of Settle's shoulder pads before the illegal hands to the face happened.  Outrageous to see that but not the hold.