Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

Had a penalty been correctly called, then the Redskins would have gotten a first-and-goal at the 6-yard line. Trailing by 11, the enforcement would likely not have impacted the outcome of the game. (Folks with betting slips reading “WASHINGTON +7.5” may disagree.) Instead of getting the free first down, the Redskins settled for a field goal, before they failed to recover the onside kick. They lost by eight.

7.5 point spread and a bull**** non call keeps the cowboys up 8.

hmmmmm coincidence, I think not.

Edited by redskinss

43 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Had a penalty been correctly called, then the Redskins would have gotten a first-and-goal at the 6-yard line. Trailing by 11, the enforcement would likely not have impacted the outcome of the game. (Folks with betting slips reading “WASHINGTON +7.5” may disagree.) Instead of getting the free first down, the Redskins settled for a field goal, before they failed to recover the onside kick. They lost by eight.

7.5 point spread and a bull**** non call keeps the cowboys up 8.

hmmmmm coincidence, I think not.

Mike Florio and PFT had a good article regarding this:

1 hour ago, zskins said:

If anyone thinks that NFL has no conspiracy then just take a look at this picture from NFL.com front page for black Friday. What team is represented here in the middle...while the other two teams only have one small logo but the cowgirls guy can be seen from a miles away...  hmmmmmm

We're 1-8 against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

We should know by now that the NFL can't allow America's team to lose on America's day...

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Some of the calls are disturbing but as a team you have to learn to move on from that. This team has had questionable and shady officiating against them for years. It has NOTHING to do though with the 40 yard or the 90 yard TD passes. I am more concerned about the defense giving up on both those than the officiating. 

Officiating plays a factor. I honestly have NEVER officiated a game in my life, little league or professional. I can't see how these dumb refs always get the call wrong or blatantly miss things. But it's not the only factor. I've always said this...you can't DEPEND on the officials. You need to play well REGARDLESS of whether the officials are on your side or not. 

The Redskins did that for a half. Then they lied down and had too much Turkey and said "I give up" in the 3rd quarter. THAT is why they lost. Because Cooper broke free for 40 yards, and Cooper had the longest catch and run of the 2018 season. It had nothing to do with the officials. 

Wasn't the 40 yard TD the series after the bull**** call on Morgan Moses for holding taking us out of FG range and forcing us to punt. In my opinion we had some very bad plays but only lost by 8, and I think the bad calls from the officials added up in my view to more than 8 points. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Wasn't the 40 yard TD the series after the bull**** call on Morgan Moses for holding taking us out of FG range and forcing us to punt. In my opinion we had some very bad plays but only lost by 8, and I think the bad calls from the officials added up in my view to more than 8 points. 

HTTR  

WAsn't it a false starts on Harris?

I'm not sure but their DL kept on moving before snaps, looking aggressive to jump and draw many false starts from us...

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

WAsn't it a false starts on Harris?

I'm not sure but their DL kept on moving before snaps, looking aggressive to jump and draw many false starts from us...

Thats what good defensive coordinators do, train their guys to aggressively shift from side to side to draw the offense offside.  There's nothing illegal about that.  It's a smart strategy.

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Mike Florio and PFT had a good article regarding this:

We're 1-8 against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

We should know by now that the NFL can't allow America's team to lose on America's day...

I don't know their Thanksgiving day record, but I've seen them lose that game a couple times before.  So I doubt the NFL controls win/loss records of teams playing on that day.  If that was the case the Cowboys and Lions would be undefeated on turkey day.

12 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm still just pissed.  

And while I appreciate those who think the conspiracy is all bogus.... I still think you're all blind and naive.  The bias is real, and it's ridiculous. 

I'm damn near over it. 

Hail. 

These are my exact thoughts..no matter how many times I go over it...your statement is exactly what I come up with every time I think about it..

9 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I don't know their Thanksgiving day record, but I've seen them lose that game a couple times before.  So I doubt the NFL controls win/loss records of teams playing on that day.  If that was the case the Cowboys and Lions would be undefeated on turkey day.

Ya if I remember correctly other than when we play the cowpukes..haha...they usually lose on turkey day..and I love it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm still just pissed.  

And while I appreciate those who think the conspiracy is all bogus.... I still think you're all blind and naive.  The bias is real, and it's ridiculous. 

I'm damn near over it. 

Hail. 

There is a difference between conspiracy and bias.  There is no conspiracy.  Everybody has bias.  But I doubt it plays a significant role in most games.  It’s a time honored tradition to complain about officiating.  Fans of all teams do it.  One day perhaps robots will take over officiating.  And then people will complain about the bias of the programmers.

Edited by Csup
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Csup said:

There is a difference between conspiracy and bias.  There is no conspiracy.  Everybody has bias.  But I doubt it plays a significant role in most games.  It’s a time honored tradition to complain about officiating.  Fans of all teams do it.  One day perhaps robots will take over officiating.  And then people will complain about the bias of the programmers.

I hear you, and respectfully vehemently disagree.  This is more than bias in the context you put it. It's a full blown conspiracy and concerted effort to sway outcomes our games. 

After yesterday, I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm starting to agree with those who think things are bias, especially this game. I don't know what the officials are looking at and how they are missing these calls and why they threw the flags on some of it. It tend to work against us at the worst times possible. Very puzzling to me.

But if you think the officials mistakes didn't have a huge impact in this game, then you weren't watching the same game as me. I'm sorry, it was that obvious.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, zskins said:

Blown calls by the refs are magnified as conspiracy and bias. The NFL needs to put one or two more refs in each game to give them 4 more eyes or else give the coach the ability to call a challenge on non-calls or incorrect calls. 

this would be very good. 

• Thanks 1

I just saw a commercial on Fox for the game on Thursday. It was a with some woman on a plane and talking about not the end of the world if the flight is delayed but she was suggesting it would be the end of the world because of "how big the game is". The NFL and the network clearly care about ratings and want first place Cowboys, Americas team in prime time against the rolling Saints. The NFL clearly wanted the Thanksgiving game to be for first place. It's up to you decide if this is a conspiracy. I say no but sometimes it don't half make you think, when you see obvious stuff missed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

I just saw a commercial on Fox for the game on Thursday. It was a with some woman on a plane and talking about not the end of the world if the flight is delayed but she was suggesting it would be the end of the world because of "how big the game is". The NFL and the network clearly care about ratings and want first place Cowboys, Americas team in prime time against the rolling Saints. The NFL clearly wanted the Thanksgiving game to be for first place. It's up to you decide if this is a conspiracy. I say no but sometimes it don't half make you think, when you see obvious stuff missed.

I know one thing.  If there was a conspiracy I wouldn’t bother watching Redskins games if the outcomes of key games were predetermined. 

48 minutes ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

The NFL and the network clearly care about ratings and want first place Cowboys, Americas team in prime time against the rolling Saints. The NFL clearly wanted the Thanksgiving game to be for first place. It's up to you decide if this is a conspiracy. I say no but sometimes it don't half make you think, when you see obvious stuff missed.

It seems odd to me how the NFL went about setting this up.  In the previous Redskins-Cowboys game, one of the major national storylines was how much the refs robbed Dallas (usually prefaced with the comment "I hate the Cowboys, but..."  Then, when Dallas plays Philly, the Eagles don't get called for a single penalty all game.  In the days leading up to thanksgiving, there is a yahoo sports article about how strange it is that no Cowboys opponent has been called for offensive holding since the first half of their second game of the season.  Then in the Thanksgiving game the most "egregious" missed call (helmet to helmet) occurs when the Cowboys already have a win probability of over 99%.  The NFL doesn't seem to be very good at timing their calls to help Dallas lead the division.

I looked a little further into the stats.  In the last 7 games, a Cowboys opponent has been flagged more than Dallas in only one game.  The Jags had one more penalty in their 40-7 loss to Dallas.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Bias vs. Conspiracy.  The problem is the 'Skins are just mediocre enough themselves that it will get overlooked, and the Saints (who the Cowboys play next week) are so good that they will likely run the Cowboys off the field regardless of how many stupid calls are made.

I think every thing would have to go right for Dallas to win that game.  Strip sacks, fumbled punt returns, massive time of possession advantage.  I would even add blocked punts, except the Saints don't punt every game.

8 hours ago, mike42 said:

After yesterday, I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm starting to agree with those who think things are bias, especially this game. I don't know what the officials are looking at and how they are missing these calls and why they threw the flags on some of it. It tend to work against us at the worst times possible. Very puzzling to me.

But if you think the officials mistakes didn't have a huge impact in this game, then you weren't watching the same game as me. I'm sorry, it was that obvious.

Ok so let's say the refs were bias against us and those calls and no calls against us hurt our chances to win...  Why not show the same type of energy when we win games because of bad calls against the opposing team???  We care about the overall integrity of the game right??

Nobody here was whining and crying when we won a couple games this year off of bad calls.  Can't expect everything to go your way and when it doesn't, it's all of a sudden a conspiracy and bias.....  But when we win because of it, "We played a great game"!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I definitely think the league makes certain calls to try and get a desired outcome that will generate excitement/money for the league.  I don't think calls went against us bc they want to see Dallas win on turkey day every year.  But with the cowboys winning, if the eagles beat the Giants, the saints beat the cowboys, and the eagles beat the redskins, and all of those teams are favored, there would be a 3 way tie at 6-5 at the top of the division.  The league will have large fanbases in Philly, Dallas, and DC all engaged down the stretch.  That's a lot of revenue right there. 

1 hour ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Ok so let's say the refs were bias against us and those calls and no calls against us hurt our chances to win...  Why not show the same type of energy when we win games because of bad calls against the opposing team???  We care about the overall integrity of the game right??

Nobody here was whining and crying when we won a couple games this year off of bad calls.  Can't expect everything to go your way and when it doesn't, it's all of a sudden a conspiracy and bias.....  But when we win because of it, "We played a great game"!!!!

because there are significantly fewer of them

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 7:29 PM, NikeRedskin7 said:

I don't know their Thanksgiving day record, but I've seen them lose that game a couple times before. 

30-18-1

18 of those wins are off the Redskins

The tie was in '69 against the 49ers

Edited by BleedBNG