Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

On 11/29/2018 at 11:28 AM, Csup said:

Of course it’s POSSIBLE.  It’s also possible I run for President in 2024 and win.

But I don’t believe in conspiracy theories because of bad calls against my team.  I watch a lot of non- Redskin football games and see bad calls called all the time.   I go on other forums and see complaints about officiating all the time.  I don’t recall seeing “thank goodness the refs liked us” posts.

Is it against the realm of possibility that you see what you want to see?  

I have never said that the Redskins are victims of a conspiracy.  I have said that I understand why fans would think so who believe it.  As a fan of the Redskins, I have done my best to push away my own feelings about refs effecting the outcome of games.  Like you, I don't want to believe that.

I have to admit, however, these last two games have been very difficult for me to believe things were on the up-and-up, because it's absolutely possible for a ref or refs to determine the outcome of a game.  

1 hour ago, mike42 said:

Do you have proof that the officials were not biased?

I'm not saying Roger Goodell and the NFL boggy man are out to ruin the Redskins and not saying this happens often at all. I just feel there was some bias among the officials in this game. I'm not sure why there was bias.

I don’t have any proof - yet. ;)

But I’m the type of person that generally doesn’t believe in conspiracies.  I don’t believe there was a conspiracy to kill

JFK, I don’t believe there was a conspiracy to deceive the American people by faking a moon landing, Etc.  Could I be wrong?  Of course. 

Now bias is a different argument.  I don’t believe the NFL has ever told a ref to referee a game a certain way to influence the outcome (which would make it a conspiracy).  But everybody has bias.  And I’m guessing over the years a ref bias has, possibly unwittingly, had bias that lead to a call.  But I don’t think it impacts the redskins more or less than any team.    I think a much bigger problem is the officiating seems to have gotten much much worse over the years, and calls are not consistently being made.  This is something the nfl needs to address because I think everybody can agree with this.

17 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

I have never said that the Redskins are victims of a conspiracy.  I have said that I understand why fans would think so who believe it.  As a fan of the Redskins, I have done my best to push away my own feelings about refs effecting the outcome of games.  Like you, I don't want to believe that.

I have to admit, however, these last two games have been very difficult for me to believe things were on the up-and-up, because it's absolutely possible for a ref or refs to determine the outcome of a game.  

I agree with you there.  As my last post said, the quality of referring has markedly gone downhill.  Terrible calls - or non calls - are being made in just about  every game I watch.    

A few things  help me keep my sanity.  First, I truly believe fans focus on the bad calls against their  team than the good calls that helped (ie first Dallas game).  Second, it would upset me more if i felt like it made a difference in the season.  The eye test tells me the Redskins aren’t a very good team. Good teams don’t put themselves in position to let the refs determine outcome of games.   I get angry at a blown assignment, poor defender angle, terrible execution, or lousy clock mgmt way more than bad refereeing.  

People complained about refs in the 1970’s, 1980’, and 1990’s too.  But we had a good run back then.  😉

Edited by Csup
  • Like 1

A conspiracy to injure our players.

Could be the Redskins' Water Boy adding a drug or supplement to the Gatorade ; a substance that weakens bones, biceps, etc...

There's something to believe in.

Interesting that the Water Boy is not listed on the web page listing our entire coaching staff...Hmmm...

Or the fact that a lot of injuries are happening on the road, so maybe our visiting locker room is sabotaged.

Or...not saying this man is the one doing it, but just posting it to show how easy it is for the "enemy" to intrude onto our sidelines.

93122-ac12df9268e356a7b3ab914810aeac23.jpg

• Haha 1

Gruden addressing the unusually large amount of holding calls against the Redskins in his recent press conferences.  Glad to see that they are at least fighting back and sending these questionable calls into the league office for review

From December 4th:

On being near the top of the league in holding penalties: 

"Holding calls, I can’t put my hand on the holding calls. We’ve sent a lot to the league and some of them we get back they’re not holding, some of them we get back, they are holding and then you look around the other teams and they’re doing similar-type stuff. I don’t know what it is right now with the holding calls. It’s been one of our major problems. You look at all the holding calls we’ve had and how many drives they’ve destroyed. It’s been the number one reason, A – why the running game’s been affected, and B, why our drives have been affected. False starts last night obviously, new quarterback, new guards and the noise, it was very difficult for us to function as a group there and it’s something we got to do better at. Playing at home will be a big major advantage for us. We’ll be able to use our snap count and be able to communicate verbally as opposed to non-verbally with those new guards in there tapping the center and head bobbing and all that stuff. So, yeah that was an issue. But holding calls have been an issue for us all year and we’ve been coaching them up and we’ve been getting called a few more times than other teams for some reason."

From December 6th:

On offensive line penalties:

"Yeah, it's been the biggest problem we've had, quite honestly. I don’t know how many holding calls we've had, I'm sure we're leading the league by a long shot and it's been a major problem. Some of the calls we've had called on us, we get back and they weren’t called, so it's hard to say that they're not being taught right sometimes. But, for whatever reason, people are looking at our holding calls a little bit closer and are calling them and we have to just understand. We have to get our hands off, we've got to get our hands inside, run our feet and not take people to the ground. That’s been a problem and it's been addressed. We talk about it all the time. I know Coach [Bill] Callahan is a great offensive line coach and we teach great technique here and fundamentals, but we've been called. But, the false starts, that’s inexcusable. That’s something that is a discipline issue and that falls directly on the head coach and just focusing in. We've got to focus in a little bit better."

From December 10th:

On the penalties:

"Yeah, I mean throw a flag, there's a couple of them that I have really major questions on. At the end of the day, it's kind of like that every week. You could probably watch the film and go back and rewind it ten times and you'd find a holding call on every play or not a holding call on any play that they called, so no matter how you look at it I guess. It is an issue that has haunted us all year. We lead the league in penalties and it continues to get worse. I think when you have a league lead in penalties, I think it alerts the referees before the game and they might watch us a little more closely, I told our guys today. With that being said, obviously, we have to do a better job of getting our hands out and get our hands off the facemask. But, 14 penalties to two penalties, a little odd but we have to deal with it and we have to overcome them."

On if there is a specific technique that is forcing penalties on the offensive line:

"You know, I don’t think it’s a technique we're teaching that’s getting called. We're getting called all different kinds of ways. We get called on the wrap-around every once in a while, we get called on the takedown, we get called on hands to the face. We got called on something, I watched the play back 30 times and was trying to figure out which player held and still don’t know. I think they called it on our right guard and I don’t know what he did. But, I don’t know, we just have to get it cleaned up, whatever it is."

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 4 weeks later...

Down by ten needing a touchdown an onside kick then a field goal to force overtime and you go for 2?

Why on earth would you take the chance of now needing a touchdown after the onside kick instead of just a field goal?

Oh the spread was 2 and a half?

Nevermind I know why now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Down by ten needing a touchdown an onside kick then a field goal to force overtime and you go for 2?

Why on earth would you take the chance of now needing a touchdown after the onside kick instead of just a field goal?

Oh the spread was 2 and a half?

Nevermind I know why now.

Not only that, they knew the outcome well enough in advance to have Janikowski pretend to pull his hamstring going into halftime to make that decision look like the only option!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Not only that, they knew the outcome well enough in advance to have Janikowski pretend to pull his hamstring going into halftime to make that decision look like the only option!

Yeah I know janikowski was hurt and that's why they went for two but when I see two and a half point spreads not covered like that I always wonder.

Plus they have the Australian punter who could probably easily drop kick an extra point.

Hell if flutie can do it.

Lol

Edited by redskinss

• 3 weeks later...

So, the owner of the Saints comes out publicly... and basically states what so many in this thread have suggested.

But when you cover it with the cloak “protecting the integrity of the game”.... you aren’t a conspiracy theorist but a person of principle.

Headlining on ESPN right now:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25863631/concern-nfl-4-officials-nfc-championship-game-live-southern-california

And THIS for a media darling team like the New Orleans Saints.

What platform does a team like the Redskins - universally hated for Dan Snyder and the disparaging team name - have when they’re the victim? ZZZZZZzzzzzzz.

Refs are one of the main reasons why I can’t watch professional sports any more. It’s no longer about the integrity of competition/sport.... it’s about the bottom line (cash). It’s WWE as far as I can tell.

• Like 2

NFL needs the Rams to succeed to make sure their investment in the L.A. market pays dividends.   

They've been the focus of both "all or nothing" and "hard knocks" in the last few years, and now they are shoving the NFL down that market's throat by sending them to the superbowl, and letting them host the Superbowl in 2022.

It's in the leagues best interest to see the Rams do well.

if the name of our "victim" team is said to *supposedly* disparage an entire race of people,  while also making absolutely abysmal on-and-off the field decisions as it does.... The perception of this team by fans and the league does affect the ACTUAL product on the field. And even to a small extent, it opens up the conversation that a referee bias COULD be a reality.  Our team/product is actually kind of bad for business at this juncture, don't you think?  So why not NOT help them while we do all our dumb s___.

Edited by Redskin Potatos

5 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

NFL needs the Rams to succeed to make sure their investment in the L.A. market pays dividends.   

They've been the focus of both "all or nothing" and "hard knocks" in the last few years, and now they are shoving the NFL down that market's throat by sending them to the superbowl, and letting them host the Superbowl in 2022.

It's in the leagues best interest to see the Rams do well.

Then why didn't they do well their first time in LA...or their first year back under Fisher?

• 3 months later...

Holy cow I can't believe I had to go back 4 pages to find this thread..

I truly believe the NFL is fixed I think they whoever they is pre select who's going to be in the Super Bowl each year, and win it.

I also truly believe that a majority of NFL owners and the commissioner himself want Daniel Snyder to change the name of the Redskins... Though it has quieted down I think it still an unfortunate issue..

the NFL works out a deal with Daniel Snyder to let the Redskins win one final Super Bowl under the name Redskins and Dan  agrees to change the name.. comes with it a new stadium in a new location he gets his new stadium but has to change the name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Holy cow I can't believe I had to go back 4 pages to find this thread..

I truly believe the NFL is fixed I think they whoever they is pre select who's going to be in the Super Bowl each year, and win it.

I think it's rigged to a certain degree, but not quite to the point of trying to determine who wins the SB.

Otherwise, how could it be that the Pats win it, or are in it, so often ? Seems like that would be something the league would avoid, if they could.

Or...maybe it proves just how good the Pats are, that no matter how much the league attempts to hinder them, the Pats still come through, time after time.

Yikes.  Happened the same day this thread got bumped back to the front page.  Football gods keep humbling us every time we try to cut a corner and get excited about an offseason "steal"....

Reuben Foster on the cart with left knee in air cast pic.twitter.com/mpcGDcxVGp

Embedded video
Edited by Reaper Skins

• 2 months later...

Every year we complain that the Redskins get no respect from the media and it's mostly true and mostly deserved but it's also a little overboard at times probably due to everybody's hatred of dan snyder. 

This year it seems particularly bad though, even worse than normal. 

Most predictions have us between 3 and 5 wins, which is kind of ridiculous for a team that started out 6 and 3 last year and nose dived due to injuries, and most agree had an excellent draft.

Brian Lafemina was brought in as a p.r. expert correct?

Wasn't that what he did for the nfl and was well respected in league circles?

I wonder if our perception in the media is worse this year because him and the dozens of people he brought in and subsequently left recently on bad terms are disgruntled and their expertise is a teams image.

Edited by redskinss