Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

18 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

In 1991 had 5 plays gone against us, we'd not even had made the playoffs. In 2018, had the refs made the right call at the end of the Texans game, we'd have been in a win and in situation in our last game.  Had the refs made the right call in the playoff game between NO and LA in the playoff game, we almost certainly would have had a Brady versus Brees SB.

Bam!...THANK YOU!!

2 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

Why would the league cater to Synder to get a name change? When they could go the other way and tell Synder, change the name or else we make your existence in this league miserable?

What do you think has been going on for several years now?...the Redskins are rich in history..one of the oldest teams in the nfl..what was once a proud winning franchise is now ****..because of snyder his ****ty ways and sorry connskinsfan I believe the nfl has been sticking it to the skins because of the name..and they want it changed

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good lord. This has always been one of my least favorite recurring threads but this takes the cake, even for you Tater lol.

You know how many people would have to be in on something that big, over time? That's the true reason most conspiracy theories are dumb as hell. Because hundreds (even dozens) of people can't keep secrets like that, ever. Especially not when there's big money involved.

I'm sure at times throughout the NFL's history there have absolutely been refs that put their thumb on the scale for personal gain and weren't found out. But a vast conspiracy where Goodell and select refs over the years manipulate the outcomes of games throughout a season to get a preferred SB outcome (and again setting aside the even more ridiculous notion that it could be dangled as an offered prize and incentive to an owner)? That's beyond asinine. Especially because you can't even guarantee that the team itself will be good enough that it would only take some unobtrusive refs making favorable calls each week to get to the SB! Each game and team is way too unpredictable for that.

Unlike the WWF that you referenced, which spends countless hours choreographing and practicing exact outcomes. It's theater that requires athleticism, nothing like a sport that has 22 individuals trying to earn a payday every single play coached by dozens of people doing the same, etc.

The human mind that truly thinks this kind of far-reaching (but ultimately pointless) conspiracy involving many many people could be happening in secret over decades without coming out...that's a person slightly detached from reality and capable of seeing the ghosts of bad ideas that nobody else does. 

Tater you have a gift for absurdity that lightens the mood around here lol. Just don't fall too far down that rabbit hole as you get older and more paranoid, I've seen it eat people up. Going your whole life sincerely believing you have damning, secret knowledge nobody else is capable of seeing or willing to believe will damage you. That's why hardcore conspiracy theorists, even when they stumble upon a kernal of truth, are still mostly just crazy. Because going down that road allows you to believe almost anything, once you've accepted that you can see unlikely truth that no one else does.

I appreciate the compliments but dont get to bent outta shape...like I said..this is a prediction...not gonna bet the farm it happens(only a hundred bucks lol)I dont want a sb handed to the skins I want them to earn it. I read a couple articles and with what's going on in America I can see the name being changed..but snyder wont go with out a fight and the nfl will be supportive on snyder for doing so. So yes in my willllldest delusional day dreams I can see this happening.

• 1 month later...

In 1982, a strike-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redskins Superbowl

In 1987, a strike-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redskins Superbowl

In 2020, a COVID-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redwolves Superbowl

Gentlemen,  place your bets...

86e.png

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

In 1982, a strike-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redskins Superbowl

In 1987, a strike-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redskins Superbowl

In 2020, a COVID-shortened NFL season resulted in a Redwolves Superbowl

Gentlemen,  place your bets...

I already called this..just sayin..

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

after the giants beat the Patriots in the superbowl we were hoping we'd beat them the following year because of trends and that didn't work out too well so I'm not holding my breath on this one either.

You're alot of fun at parties arent ya....

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

I

On 7/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, redskinss said:

after the giants beat the Patriots in the superbowl we were hoping we'd beat them the following year because of trends and that didn't work out too well so I'm not holding my breath on this one either.

It's time to rekindle that trend.

We don't play the Chiefs, so it looks like we're going to upset the 49ers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say its pretty much a certainty that one of the nfc east match ups will be flexed to 4 o'clock and it'll be interesting to see which one it is.

Realistically it should be our game, that creates two interesting match ups, giants vs cowboys early, winner gets in if we lose the late game, and then obviously ours, win and in.

If they flex the other game it becomes meaningless if we win which would then make it dumb to do, unless you already know who's going to win, ( I'm not saying thats the case just playing around with the conspiracy thread) then thats definitely what you'd want. 

No doubt the people who try to figure out whats best for ratings would want the so called "America's team" vs the new york football giants in an early playoff match in a prime time slot.

It's a perfect set up for the nfl, but only if we lose.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

No doubt the people who try to figure out whats best for ratings would want the so called "America's team" vs the new york football giants in an early playoff match in a prime time slot.

It's a perfect set up for the nfl, but only if we lose.

We’ll see... It is odd how one sided the ref’s calls have been the past two games.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I actually just noticed they flexed our game to 8 o'clock so no more fun with my conspiracy. 

It was flexed right after we lost..so here's the conspiracy...there were several questionable calls against us, to make sure we lost so the final game would have an insane amount of importance...

Only 1 team in the East controls their destiny...and that team just got flexed to the last game of the season...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xameil said:

It was flexed right after we lost..so here's the conspiracy...there were several questionable calls against us, to make sure we lost so the final game would have an insane amount of importance...

Only 1 team in the East controls their destiny...and that team just got flexed to the last game of the season...

It fits with my conspiracy... the refs aren't directed to favor/ influence teams per se, but they are aware of "scenarios" that the League favors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

Yep, now that our game got moved to 8:30, it does make me wonder, especially about that fumble we returned for a touchdown that got called back because of the whistle :P 

im only 50% serious though. 

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

They could have flexed any game to that time slot. Bears and GB would have been the optimal game as its two teams both with playoff aspirations, an MVP QB and a healthy rivalry. Rams and Cardinals as well.

What we have are two teams under 500 who aren’t very good. One already eliminated and the other trying to win a division at 7-9. 

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, now that our game got moved to 8:30, it does make me wonder, especially about that fumble we returned for a touchdown that got called back because of the whistle :P 

im only 50% serious though. 

Lol you're more serious then I was ;)

It was pretty clear from watching this game that no one wanted Washington to win.  Both commentators had their Giants fan/Brady rematch storyline all cued up and couldn't hide their disgust that we stole a win.  Even disrespected us by dropping the whole "Washington Redskins" slur three times in rapid succession to show how embarrassed they were to have to give Snyder's franchise any airtime.

Refs had one sided calls all game and refused to call holding all game.  The Eagles patchwork o-line wasn't called for holding once.  Tim Settle was lifted off the ground and both refs and commentators refused to acknowledge it.

If Pedersen hadn't sat Hurts he would have continued to get drive extending calls and the game would have leaked away until the 4th quarter, when some meaningless penalties against the Eagles would be called to give the illusion of a balanced game.

fb7d645.jpg

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/4/2021 at 12:45 AM, Reaper Skins said:

Tim Settle was lifted off the ground and both refs and commentators refused to acknowledge it.

fb7d645.jpg

And that's not an easy thing to do to Settle.

Nor is it an easy thing to miss, by the refs...the biggest man on the field ; a gargantuan of a man, both horizontally and vertically, is now even higher than everyone else, because he's now airborne - how does ANYONE miss that ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

It’s amazing to me that the best defensive line in the league has generated close to zero holding calls over the past three weeks.

Amazing isn't the word that comes to my mind.

Can you imagine if teams blatantly held the Giants defenders every play, with zero calls made, what we'd be hearing out of New York?

10 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

It’s amazing to me that the best defensive line in the league has generated close to zero holding calls over the past three weeks.

And they get to play Brady this week. Bet that OL is being coached to do what the other teams are doing since they know they aren't going to get called for it.  Just look at that picture^^^