Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

Really, it was pretty bad in first half from an 'agenda' perspective. Did everyone see the same holding on the Skins Dlineman when they called the defensive holding on our DB. I jumped out of my chair and scared the children on that one, thats when it was obvious to me. Not only a bad call but the wrong team to boot. Still a game at that point

Edited by Bonez3

I think there's a realistic chance that the NFL used metrics to predict when Brees would hit the mark, set the schedule so he'd play the Redskins on Monday night.

They didn't have to conspire anything... they knew that Redskins gonna Redskins in general and prime time in particular.

4 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I think there's a realistic chance that the NFL used metrics to predict when Brees would hit the mark, set the schedule so he'd play the Redskins on Monday night.

They didn't have to conspire anything... they knew that Redskins gonna Redskins in general and prime time in particular.

Agreed. Monday nights game was a loss right when the schedule came out. 

8 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Really, it was pretty bad in first half from an 'agenda' perspective. Did everyone see the same holding on the Skins Dlineman when they called the defensive holding on our DB. I jumped out of my chair and scared the children on that one, thats when it was obvious to me. Not only a bad call but the wrong team to boot. Still a game at that point

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist..but when I saw that I did the same thing and was beginning to think...they really want Brees to break the record dont they...

Not to mention..after that, it seemed the Redskins got completely deflated

5 hours ago, hawgboy said:

the thing is, that qualifies as a conspiracy.

42 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist..but when I saw that I did the same thing and was beginning to think...they really want Brees to break the record dont they...

Not to mention..after that, it seemed the Redskins got completely deflated

the same thing happened in Carolina in 2015

and something I noticed is the NFL managed to put together and goddamn narrative for their prime time games this week, with an overall plot on the NFC East but with a secondary story to also put into it

Sunday Night, the Battle of Texas with an NFC East team, Monday Night will Drew Brees break the record with an NFC East team, Thursday Night the othr two NFC East teams play each other.  It's the Super Bowl champs vs one of the leagues current bottom feeders.  What have the Giants done to be on prime time only three weeks into a TV deal with a new network

Edited by carex

4 hours ago, carex said:

the thing is, that qualifies as a conspiracy.

the same thing happened in Carolina in 2015

and something I noticed is the NFL managed to put together and goddamn narrative for their prime time games this week, with an overall plot on the NFC East but with a secondary story to also put into it

Sunday Night, the Battle of Texas with an NFC East team, Monday Night will Drew Brees break the record with an NFC East team, Thursday Night the othr two NFC East teams play each other.  It's the Super Bowl champs vs one of the leagues current bottom feeders.  What have the Giants done to be on prime time only three weeks into a TV deal with a new network

The conspiracy went as far “Have them play the Redskins they’ll **** it up on their own” and they were right..

Here is a conspiracy theory I put more stock into: Dan Snyder has his own metric team… And they figured out that give or take two games within .500 year after year after year after year will still keep enough fans in the seats andbuying merchandise to make massive profit and **** winning.

You dont have to believe that all 32 NFL owners get together and plot out the results of every game to believe that games can be fixed or influenced.  For the NFL, I think it would be stupid from a business-wise perspective to fix games.  For example, for a league with revenue sharing, what exactly is in it for the NFL to keep the Redskins down? The Redskins mediocrity is eating away at what used to be one of the NFL's larger and most affluent fanbases, but now they cant even sell out home games. 

I DO think that fixing of games can occur involving individual referees or players.  The more gambling/betting that surrounds the sport, the more likely it is that some referee is on the take.  And with the NFL's thinly disguised draft champions b.s., I think they are inviting more betting and gambling, which will inevitably result in cheating and fixing.

To me there is are some possible solutions to minimize the affect cheating referees might have:.  More transparency in the performance review of referees, with more immediate disciplinary actions for blown calls.  Also, the two worst calls to me that affect too many games are holding and PI.  I think PI should be review-able or challengable, with a dedicated guy in the booth that automatically reviews any PI Call.  I also think that they should hire an extra referee, and require that two referees call holding in order for a holding call to stand, in order to ensure that only the most egregious holding calls are made.       

9 hours ago, Koala said:

You dont have to believe that all 32 NFL owners get together and plot out the results of every game to believe that games can be fixed or influenced.  For the NFL, I think it would be stupid from a business-wise perspective to fix games.  For example, for a league with revenue sharing, what exactly is in it for the NFL to keep the Redskins down? The Redskins mediocrity is eating away at what used to be one of the NFL's larger and most affluent fanbases, but now they cant even sell out home games. 

I DO think that fixing of games can occur involving individual referees or players.  The more gambling/betting that surrounds the sport, the more likely it is that some referee is on the take.  And with the NFL's thinly disguised draft champions b.s., I think they are inviting more betting and gambling, which will inevitably result in cheating and fixing.

To me there is are some possible solutions to minimize the affect cheating referees might have:.  More transparency in the performance review of referees, with more immediate disciplinary actions for blown calls.  Also, the two worst calls to me that affect too many games are holding and PI.  I think PI should be review-able or challengable, with a dedicated guy in the booth that automatically reviews any PI Call.  I also think that they should hire an extra referee, and require that two referees call holding in order for a holding call to stand, in order to ensure that only the most egregious holding calls are made.       

I don't think that any one person or super in-crowd is solely responsible for attempting to fix a game, I think a few things can be true at once:

-NFL execs would like to see certain teams do well, for the star power, encourage ref's to give them all the calls

-NFL execs would like Brees to break the record on Monday night in primetime, and before half time, encourage refs to give Brees all the calls in the 1st half

-an NFL ref needs a little extra money for his kids surgery, is on the take from a lone shark

It's all plausible, and I have certainly heard worse.  Also, I believe that animosity in the owners groups may contribute to certain teams getting the shaft in a revenue sharing organization.  Once it gets to the level of Billionaires, money is less important and pride becomes involved.  Personally I think the Mara's are among the most corrupt people in the organization, and I don't think it was a coincidence that the Skins and the Cowboys both got screwed by penalties during the uncapped year debacle, because there was obvious collusion and Mara, who is head of the competition committee, took it as a personal slight.  The degree to which we were penalized as well, even though I see our actions as perfectly legitimate in an uncapped year (hence the need for a cap), reeks of petty vengeance.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:04 AM, Koala said:

My idea for NFL officials (posted from a different thread last year):

I wish teams could have their own official on game days.  Each team would be given a league sanctioned ref whose sole job is to watch their team's opponent and ensure that they are following the rules.  Like an on-field lawyer for each team on gameday  This would lead to rule familiarity between the coaches and players and hopefully a clearer understanding of what is or is not allowed.  

It would also help keep a team from getting unfairly targeted by giving equal representation during the game, almost like a lawyer for the defendant and a lawyer for the prosecution in a courtroom.  During the week and on gameday your players and coaches could always have access to your team official and use him for clarification, ask whether this or that is allowed, tell him if someone on the other team is doing something illegal and to watch for it, etc.

So on game day you'd have one ref working for only the home team, making sure they get fair calls and that their opponent isn't getting away with any illegal tactics.  One ref doing the same for the away team.  And a third/floating/impartial ref for tie breakers and overruling anything that came across as favoritism.  Refs would spend an entire season with one team, then rotate to a new one the next year.

Imagine having a ref who the coach could talk to all week when studying film and say:  "We want to try this crazy trick play on Sunday, is it legal?"  Or, "this teams linemen are consistently starting offsides and jumping the gun, watch for that on Sunday", or "My player has a touchdown celebration he wants to do, will this be a fine or is it ok?" or "the other ref keeps calling illegal motion on us, but its not and here's why, go explain to the arbiter judge what were doing and why its actually legal"

On 10/18/2018 at 11:26 AM, Xameil said:

Sooooo...Brees has to beat Baltimore to be the 3rd QB to beat all 32 teams...

Raise your hand if this will happen even if the Saints play poorly this Sunday

Nope, definitely nothing weird about the way that game ended lol. 

Just your typical, run-of-the-mill, last second missed extra point for the first time in the kicker's entire career to avoid the tie and give Brees the win in his (probable) last meeting with the only team he had never beaten. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25047927/ravens-lose-one-justin-tucker-misses-first-pat-223-tries

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Haha 2

So I think we can all agree the refs have done there fare share of bending us over through the years..I mean they make ****ty calls in other games besides ours but the refs have screwed us before.

I'm still seeing missed calls(kerrigan against gb)but there also calling them.. specifically in last night's game when whoever it was nearly knocked out dak near the sideline...I'd bet a grand every time there would be a flag thrown...and as much as I hate saying it in today's NFL that should have drawn a flag..??...but it didn't..and there was a flag on a play that eventually lead us to win the game. I have noticed the refs actually favoring us?..does that sound right?.

I don't know but I have noticed a major difference in the officiating in the Redskins games this year so far. Is it really our year    ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^so you’re saying tucker most likely missed the extra point attempt on purpose :P 

He must be a great actor then to make that face. Last time i had that look i was trying to be funny and squeeze out a fart in a friends car but instead Sharted my pants  after a heavy night of drinking.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So I think we can all agree the refs have done there fare share of bending us over through the years..I mean they make ****ty calls in other games besides ours but the refs have screwed us before.

I'm still seeing missed calls(kerrigan against gb)but there also calling them.. specifically in last night's game when whoever it was nearly knocked out dak near the sideline...I'd bet a grand every time there would be a flag thrown...and as much as I hate saying it in today's NFL that should have drawn a flag..??...but it didn't..and there was a flag on a play that eventually lead us to win the game. I have noticed the refs actually favoring us?..does that sound right?.

I don't know but I have noticed a major difference in the officiating in the Redskins games this year so far. Is it really our year    ?

Every team gets bad calls.  Every team gets jobbed.  Sometimes it works in our favor like Sunday and sometimes it doesn't.  Our fan base is too intelligent to believe every time we get flagged its some conspiracy or bias against just us out of all 32 teams when there are controversial calls all around the league every week.  

I would love for us as a intelligent, hardworking, knowledgeable, storied, and loyal fan base to stop leaning on league wide "bias and conspiracy" excuses.  We have been playing well lately.  When you are good, your play overcomes penalties 9 times out of 10.  If we get a bad call against us, then oh well.  No disrespect to anybody in general but the refs/league bias and/or conspiracy is loser talk.  We are a better fanbase than whiny loser talk whenever we get penalized to blame it on the refs and league.  Cmon y'all!!!

15 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What you're seeing is, I hope you're sitting down, the ebb and flow of how calls go. There is no conspiracy. We've always gotten favorable calls but as fans we tend to focus on only the ones that work against us. 

I agree with your post 100% and (even though I know this thread is partly tongue-in-cheek) it's the reason I only venture in here from time to time :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Every team gets bad calls.  Every team gets jobbed.  Sometimes it works in our favor like Sunday and sometimes it doesn't.  Our fan base is too intelligent to believe every time we get flagged its some conspiracy or bias against just us out of all 32 teams when there are controversial calls all around the league every week.  

I would love for us as a intelligent, hardworking, knowledgeable, storied, and loyal fan base to stop leaning on league wide "bias and conspiracy" excuses.  We have been playing well lately.  When you are good, your play overcomes penalties 9 times out of 10.  If we get a bad call against us, then oh well.  No disrespect to anybody in general but the refs/league bias and/or conspiracy is loser talk.  We are a better fanbase than whiny loser talk whenever we get penalized to blame it on the refs and league.  Cmon y'all!!!

It's not loser talk and apparently you don't watch Redskins football..watch Redskins football and not fantasy Foosball

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

It's not loser talk and apparently you don't watch Redskins football..watch Redskins football and not fantasy Foosball

Ive been watching and enjoying Redskins football for 38 years and have not seen us get any worse calls against us than any other NFL team.  Bad calls happen in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, tennis, etc...  It happens.  But to blame the majority of penalties on us on some mystic ref led league wide bias/conspiracy is BS and loser talk.  But this is just my opinion according to what I have seen in all of sports with my own eyes.

For the record I have never gotten into fantasy football.  I'm not into all of that.

Edited by NikeRedskin7
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Ive been watching and enjoying Redskins football for 38 years and have not seen us get any worse calls against us than any other NFL team.  Bad calls happen in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, tennis, etc...  It happens.  But to blame the majority of penalties on us on some mystic ref led league wide bias/conspiracy is BS and loser talk.  But this is just my opinion according to what I have seen in all of sports with my own eyes.

For the record I have never gotten into fantasy football.  I'm not into all of that.

Yep my apologies..wrong of me to accuse you of being a fantasy foosball player...so you don't believe in all whatsoever the NFL is fixed at all so the NFL can get who they want in the Super Bowl to make the money the NFL wants to make like WWE does...why did the ref not throw the flag in London when Crowder got his head ripped off going into the endzone while the ref was looking at the play happen.. how about the hold against Green Bay on Kerrigan that I mentioned... If I wrote everything down I would have a book..just saying.. I'm not trying to start an argument..have you seen the episode of Adam ruins everything about the NFL in the playoffs.. I was starting to get furious as I was watching it yelling at my wife to change it and the things he was coming up with he was talking about the playoffs when the Giants were in Green Bay and I thought he was total BS and I don't know it's all confusing it's definitely different football from the 70s and 80s... I have noticed a major difference this year with officiating for the Redskins.. I'm being completely fare by stating they have made calls on other teams to help us and have missed some calls on us... Maybe whoever it is with Redskins organization finally got through to the officiating and said look you got to do a better job for us... And I read a clip earlier about how special teams coach noticed what the center was doing in warmups and said something to Gruden and he said something to the refs and the refs noticed it and rightfully so through a flag.

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yep my apologies..wrong of me to accuse you of being a fantasy foosball player...so you don't believe in all whatsoever the NFL is fixed at all so the NFL can get who they want in the Super Bowl to make the money the NFL wants to make like WWE does...why did the ref not throw the flag in London when Crowder got his head ripped off going into the endzone while the ref was looking at the play happen.. how about the hold in Green Bay on Kerrigan that I mentioned... If I wrote everything down I would have a book..just saying.. I'm not trying to start an argument..have you seen the episode of Adam ruins everything about the NFL in the playoffs.. I was starting to get furious as I was watching it yelling at my wife to change it and the things he was coming up with he was talking about the playoffs when the Giants were in Green Bay and I thought he was total BS and I don't know it's all confusing it's definitely different football from the 70s and 80s... I have noticed a major difference this year with officiating for the Redskins.. I'm being completely fare by stating they have made calls on other teams to help us and have missed some calls on us... Maybe whoever it is with Redskins organization finally got through to the officiating and said look you got to do a better job for us... And I read a clip earlier about how special teams coach noticed what the center was doing in warmups and said something to Gruden and he said something to the refs and the refs noticed it and rightfully so through a flag.

I respect how you feel and your opinion on this matter, but I have read similar arguments from Lions fans who were jobbed when Calvin Johnson took multiple steps, rolled around, then let the ball go in the back of the endzone and the refs said it wasn't a TD.

I have seen similar reactions from Raider fans with the BS tuck in rule garbage.  That was clearly a fumble.  I have heard similar reactions from Cowboys fans when they were robbed out of most likely a win against GB in the playoff game when Dez caught the ball and took like 3 or 4 steps and told it was incomplete.

Hell we are hearing Dallas fans the last day or two whine about the very questionable flag on the LS for something that LSs do all the time.  It worked out in our favor thank goodness, but you know this place would have been in an uproar if the roles were reversed.

Ive read reactions from Browns fans that were pissed and said similar things when they came to Fed Ex a couple years ago, remember when their RB fumbled the ball but got it back and ran out of the pile of bodies with the ball in his hand jumping up and down while the refs were still looking in a pile of players WITHOUT a ball in it....  And once everybody got up the refs said it was our ball?  It worked out for us but the Browns were robbed blind.

How many times has LeBron James and other players in the NBA gotten away with taking 4 steps driving to the basket and not get called for travel?  But most times others get called.

To answer your question no I don't believe in conspiracy and biases against solely the Washington Redskins.  I do believe that refs are human and make mistakes that go against us and every other team, and go for us and every other team.  It goes both ways.  If they made penalties reviewable, then that would cut out all the conspiracy nonsense for every fan around the league.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I respect how you feel and your opinion on this matter, but I have read similar arguments from Lions fans who were jobbed when Calvin Johnson took multiple steps, rolled around, then let the ball go in the back of the endzone and the refs said it wasn't a TD.

Before posting in here, i suggest you actually go back and read the entire thread.  Every few pages someone says basically the exact same thing you're saying here, then myself or someone else points out the flaw in the logic in regards to what the purpose of this thread is. 

Image result for you're like a child wandering donny

For reference, here's a response from 2 pages back  

If you still disagree, fine.  No one's forcing you to come in here. Its just a database for me and others to log anything suspicious, unfair, or weird relating to the team.  I always try to provide links to articles to back up my claims, and whenever possible they include pics, video evidence, or even notes from the league themself admitting to calls being flat out wrong.

Bad things happening to other teams and bad thing happening to the Redskins aren't mutually exclusive events.  All in good fun.  Don't be that guy who talks over the whole movie pointing out about how unrealistic the plot is.

Edited by Reaper Skins

36 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Before posting in here, i suggest you actually go back and read the entire thread.  Every few pages someone says basically the exact same thing you're saying here, then myself or someone else points out the flaw in the logic in regards to what the purpose of this thread is. 

Image result for you're like a child wandering donny

For reference, here's a response from 2 pages back  

If you still disagree, fine.  No one's forcing you to come in here. Its just a database for me and others to log anything suspicious, unfair, or weird relating to the team.  I always try to provide links to articles to back up my claims, and whenever possible they include pics, video evidence, or even notes from the league themself admitting to calls being flat out wrong.

Bad things happening to other teams and bad thing happening to the Redskins aren't mutually exclusive events.  All in good fun.  Don't be that guy who talks over the whole movie pointing out about how unrealistic the plot is.

Some whine (tongue in cheek) and some whine because they really believe there is this bias and against only the Redskins and not any other team in all of sports, just us.  It's entertaining most times but actually sad other times.  Everybody has their own opinion and I have mine.  I've seen other teams get robbed worse than we have ever got robbed but some will either ignore or just conveniently choose not to  mention that.

So for those of us who sarcastically moan and groan about the ref being against us, I get it.  But for those who believe with all their heart that the refs and league are against only us for whatever reason or notion, that's sad.  But whatever helps you sleep at night.  Fact is, every team suffers and benefits from bad calls.  We just benefited from one the other day, that's how it goes.