Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

I was about to hit this thread Sunday night when we stopped Rodgers on 4th & 7, only to have another nonsense "illegal hands to the face" call give them the automatic 1st down. But, after that, the officiating was very fair. 

When it comes to the fairness of the refs, primetime is our friend. Every household in America, with the exception of Robert Griffin's, will be tuned into this game. It will be scrutinized, so if there are multiple blatant bad calls, it won't be just a "whiny" fanbase who sees it. 

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I was about to hit this thread Sunday night when we stopped Rodgers on 4th & 7, only to have another nonsense "illegal hands to the face" call give them the automatic 1st down. But, after that, the officiating was very fair. 

When it comes to the fairness of the refs, primetime is our friend. Every household in America, with the exception of Robert Griffin's, will be tuned into this game. It will be scrutinized, so if there are multiple blatant bad calls, it won't be just a "whiny" fanbase who sees it. 

Yeah, that was the one call that REALLY pissed me off. Granted, I don't think it's a conspiracy, just a bad call. What I absolutely hated about the call was the game situation. It's 4th-and-7 and the ref drops a flag less than a second into the play. The infraction never impacted the play and never gave the Redskins an advantage. 

I get it...a penalty is a penalty. But I really hate seeing a huge play like that over before it even starts. Having said that, I don't know what my solution is. Because, given how the play ended without Green Bay converting, they would have had every right to be pissed that they didn't get that call. 

Maybe the solution is to somehow only make penalties on the ball automatic first downs in those cases? That would have given the Packers 5 yards and another shot on 4th-and-2. The downside to that is that you're introducing even more judgement for the refs who are already overwhelmed with having to interpret the complicated rules. 

That was a fun self-debate... :)

• Like 1

On 22/11/2016 at 4:19 PM, Reaper Skins said:

It seems like Mara and Coughlin hedging the odds in Dallas' favor in order to ensure that the Giants remain in 2nd place and secure a playoff berth.

Which tells us how dumb they are. If we win against the Cowboys, the Giants have a real shot at the NFC East in two weeks lol.

55 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

None of these things are a conspiracy. Cravens was fined for the Rodgers face mask in the EXACT SAME AMOUNT as the Cincy player who committed a similar penalty against Crowder. How is that anything resembling a conspiracy? 

Except the Cinci guy wasn't flagged on the field... That's favoritism on the field, that the NFL tries to cover up badly by fining him.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Xameil said:

Thought it was obvious...the NFL fines everyone who have penalties like what Cravens did. he almost ripped Rodgers head off.

No, no his was an unintentional side swipe. Crowders was a decapitation without a flag. 

Edited by SWFLSkins
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Xameil said:

It may have been unintentional, but he did almost rip his head off

Compare and get back to me. And yeah he did almost rip his head off, still don't see where it was blatant or intentional enough for a fine.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/20/13695262/aaron-rodgers-threw-td-erked-around-face-mask-jordy-nelson-packers-washington

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/10/30/facemask-jamison-crowder-uncalled/

There's a huge difference on both.

Su'a grabs the helmet, feels it and release, allowing Rodgers to go his reads, and make the throw for a TD. Su'a while making the penalty, did care about player security.

The Bengals guy, grabs Crowder by the helmet, and keeps the grab until he's dragged down while jumping over him, fully knowing he'll turn his head badly (and might break his nose), but doesn't care much about player security here.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Then go ahead and starts the same kind of thread on a Detroit Lions fan forum.

In fairness, based on what I've heard from fans of other teams, the NFL has a conspiracy against all 32 teams and is constantly blowing calls in their respective opponents' favor.

Bad calls on both sides yesterday but honestly I think that Dallas OL is getting away with way too many holding calls.  Its almost fear from the refs of throwing the flag on America's sweethearts.  I saw at least 3 times that Dak burned us where holding could have easily been called. The Breeland penalty on Beasley was wiped out by the non call on DJax, and Dez has been getting away with pushes off the CBs his entire career.  Yesterday our receivers wear getting contact way after the 5 yards.  Thinking that BS penalty on Gracon in London against the Bengals, it pisses me off in the inconsistency of calls in the league.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the trip on Kelly before he caught the pass. Recovered and made 8 or so yards. Then they called him down by contact. Refs essentially admit he was hit before the pass but that wasn't a penalty?  Very odd play. Don't think conspiracy but one of the worst calls I've seen in a few years. 

3 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Bad calls on both sides yesterday but honestly I think that Dallas OL is getting away with way too many holding calls. 

Agreed. There were at least 2-3 big plays for dallas where one of our guys on the line was clearly held.  No flags.  

Just now, youngchew said:

Agreed. There were at least 2-3 big plays for dallas where one of our guys on the line was clearly held.  No flags.  

Why was there no flag when the Cowboy safety hit Reed in the end zone on a overthrown ball that was past them both for 3 seconds? I thought it was hitting a defenseless receiver.

Just now, Etowneric said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the trip on Kelly before he caught the pass. Recovered and made 8 or so yards. Then they called him down by contact. Refs essentially admit he was hit before the pass but that wasn't a penalty?  Very odd play. Don't think conspiracy but one of the worst calls I've seen in a few years. 

agree 100% esp when we did not get a 1st down on that series and I thought PG was interfeared with 2 plays later.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 11:23 AM, Etowneric said:

The only thing that really stuck out to me about the Dallas game as unfair was the sun shining in out offense's eyes during ONLY the 2nd quarter.  the rest of the game seemed like the refs were letting EVERYTHING slide, both teams got away with calls.

CyD7NdDUAAAyc59.jpg

Edited by Reaper Skins

Just now, Reaper Skins said:

The only thing that really stuck out to me about the Dallas game as unfair was the sun shining in out offense's eyes during ONLY the 2nd quarter.  the rest of the game seemed like the refs were letting EVERYTHING slide, both teams got away with calls.

Do you guys think Jerry Jones opened the drapes on the windows just so the sun could shine in our QBs eyes, then closed them when his team had the ball? It is pos as I could remember when that fat turd Bill Parcells would open a gigantic corragated door, in Giants Stadium, so the wind would blow in our offenses face. Then leave it open so his team would have a wind advantage. Opening and closing doors to help his team and screw our team.

• Like 3

The Redskins COACHING staff should have known about the SUN in the stadium. They chose the side of the field to defend, if they had chosen the other way the sun would have affected the Cowboys and not us - That was 100% on the Coaches.

Now who ever designed the stadium is an IDIOT for having that occur

• 3 weeks later...

Giants cheating to gain advantage over a divisional rival?  Where have I heard this story before?  What a model franchise.  Perfectly qualified to be in charge of competitive fairness for the entire league, definitely not shady at all...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18287921/nfl-investigating-new-york-giants-possible-illegal-use-walkie-talkie-dallas-cowboys

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Giants cheating to gain advantage over a divisional rival?  Where have I heard this story before?  What a model franchise.  Perfectly qualified to be in charge of competitive fairness for the entire league, definitely not shady at all...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18287921/nfl-investigating-new-york-giants-possible-illegal-use-walkie-talkie-dallas-cowboys

Draft picks and salary cap shouldn't be taken away.  That was the entire game he was using the cb walkie talkie. 

Talk about the Giants.  How did they get away with essentially playing their middle of the schedule at home with a "break" to go to London to play, get this, a WEST COAST TEAM that has to fly an extra 5 hours to get there?  In the meantime we had to play a Thursday game after playing a Sunday night game and a Saturday game after playing Monday night.  Something smells and its Mara's little mingling fingers in all this.

On 11/27/2016 at 0:47 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Do you guys think Jerry Jones opened the drapes on the windows just so the sun could shine in our QBs eyes, then closed them when his team had the ball? It is pos as I could remember when that fat turd Bill Parcells would open a gigantic corragated door, in Giants Stadium, so the wind would blow in our offenses face. Then leave it open so his team would have a wind advantage. Opening and closing doors to help his team and screw our team.

there are no blinds.  the sun was just super bright that day and they should have realized it since it was a 3pm start

31 minutes ago, kost203 said:

Draft picks and salary cap shouldn't be taken away.  That was the entire game he was using the cb walkie talkie. 

The Giants should be penalized but the NFL. They started using the walkie talkie early in the 4th period. I thought Mara was all about the integrity of the game. Yes...I'm bitter about Mara but you can't have it both ways.

• Like 1