Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

17 hours ago, Burgold said:

Good for Norman. His wallet will get lighter for it, but it needs to be said.

Norman mentioned a few times that he is speaking on behalf of the locker room. I see it as a leadership moment, Normand has the big pay check and can absorb a fine better than an outspoken Chris Baker or RJF and I think he felt like he needed to speak for those guys.

In some ways it would be cool if he did get fined (easy for me to say). 

If he's truly speaking for the team, they would love his leadership to take a financial hit to back them up. I know a lot of the rant was about him, but he defended Crowder and Garcon as well. 

I would love something, even if a bit contrived, to galvanize this team. 

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Again, my biggest problem was the inconsistency of enforcements.  You couldn't even say "Well the refs were just calling everything today, ticky tack fouls all around".  They were calling fouls on the Redskins for slight and barely there penalties all day, but chose not call the 2 blatantly dangerous hits (Crowder and Desean) against the Bengals.  Completely one sided, deliberate attempt to keep one team in the game and shut down any momentum the Redskins were able to build up.   

This post mirrors my feelings exactly. The holding on breeland, on the fumble we recovered wasn't the worst call of the game and that's frickin sad. The whole "complaining about refs is loser talk" bs sends me over the edge when I watch Doug Free on SNF put guys in headlocks and arm bars on every passing down. Yet we watch our players get mauled by illegal play and no flags, offensive PI on something Gronkowski does every passing down. Shameful officitiating to say the least. I appreciate some of the calls they make and trying to clean the game up etc, but be consistent! NFL is becoming torture to watch. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

3. 2nd quarter - Crowder fields a punt at the 21 yard line and returns it 15 yards, flags thrown, broadcast goes to commercial.  

When they return, they say that the penalties were offsetting.  However they start the drive at the Redskins 21, negating Crowder's return.

Glad you brought this up. I was stunned. Penalties were offsetting but they restarted play at the point of the holding call on us. We basically lost 15 yards.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

There was also a late hit on Garcon right in front of us. Think it was in overtime. Even my wife (her first game) said he had been hit out of bounds, we were amazed there was no call.

Yeah I was angry at that one too initially. But that was really close. I think he was still in bounds when he got shoved.

25 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

There was also a late hit on Garcon right in front of us. Think it was in overtime. Even my wife (her first game) said he had been hit out of bounds, we were amazed there was no call.

On the broadcast, they slow mo'd it and Garcon got pushed while still in bounds, on the line. He threw his hands up to try and draw a flag. Outside of the non-call on the Crowder face mask, I didnt think the officiating was that bad. I wish they didnt call the offensive PI on Garcon bc I dont think garcon really pushed off that hard/gained an advantage but his arm was fully extended and that "looks" like a push off. 

I dont think officiating decided the game. I am very curious to see the video of the 5 hand to face flags Norman got to see if Green was pushing Norman's hands up .. but even then, that is a vet on vet match up and its part of the chess match Norman and Green were playing. 

Bree did hold on the fumble recovery. That has to be called. 

20 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

On the broadcast, they slow mo'd it and Garcon got pushed while still in bounds, on the line. He threw his hands up to try and draw a flag. Outside of the non-call on the Crowder face mask, I didnt think the officiating was that bad. I wish they didnt call the offensive PI on Garcon bc I dont think garcon really pushed off that hard/gained an advantage but his arm was fully extended and that "looks" like a push off. 

I dont think officiating decided the game. I am very curious to see the video of the 5 hand to face flags Norman got to see if Green was pushing Norman's hands up .. but even then, that is a vet on vet match up and its part of the chess match Norman and Green were playing. 

Bree did hold on the fumble recovery. That has to be called. 

The officiating was awful. Normally I'm not one to blame officiating, and I'm not blaming it for yesterday's tie(gotta make that kick Hop)but it was atrocious.

You wanna call ticky tack stuff, fine, but call it for BOTH teams. I'm sorry I refuse to believe the Bengals went the whole game with no offensive holds or offensive PIs.

• Like 1

When one team's defensive line is called for more holding calls than the opposing team's offensive line, something is up...

I wouldn't have had a problem with some of the bad calls that went against us as long as they were also called against the Bengals. 

Unfortunately, I had a pack of Bengals fans next to me in the bar and by the end even they were joking when a flag came out that it'd obviously be going against the Skins. 

Either way, we still gave ourselves a good chance to win, I'm proud that they overcame the adversity. Two games in a row where we outplayed our opponent, but fell a bit short. It's better than years ago when we'd lose and get outplayed.

Edited by CTskin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, campbellcooleyconnection said:

Not the first game stolen from us,remember Portia diving in end zone vs Packers.Oh wait late flag illegal formation on Thrash no TD........BS!!!!

It wasn't even illegal formation, I think it was...illegal shift? I have literally NEVER heard that call made in every other NFL game ever.

Its so dumb. At this point I can't even celebrate good plays anymore because I'm just sitting there staring at the scorebox looking to see if the little yellow FLAG indicator pops up.

• Like 3

Here's another point from yesterday that bugged me - 

The way Norman kept getting called for the same penalty yesterday made me think that the refs were looking specifically for that to happen.  Either the opposing team told them he has a tendency to hit the helmet or it was something that refs noticed from his past game film.  

So basically, based on his game film, the refs knew to look for that kind of play from him and really focused on nipping it early on.

Now look at the other side of the coin.  What is Cincinnati's defense absolutely KNOWN for?  What do they have a reputation for around the league?  What frequently causes them to lose games (including their playoff game last season)?  Cheap dirty hits to players and defenseless receivers.  

So you would THINK that if the refs studied Norman's game film in order to prepare for the game, that they would also know the tendencies of Bengals players and look for them specifically on game day.  And yet they didn't call them on it ONCE, despite 2 OBVIOUS examples, plus several other facemasks that weren't called either.

Looking at their penalty numbers for the rest of the year, the Bengals have always been fairly even with their opponents (biggest difference was 4).   And yet on Sunday, our team had more than twice the penalties they had (7 vs. 15).  And that was before the make up calls thrown in at the end of the game.  At one point late in the 3rd quarter I believe the numbers were skewed 12 to 4 in their favor.

So we have a notoriously undisciplined team with a history of cheap shots.  Did they magically fix their style of play for just this week and play defense TWICE as clean as their opponent?  Or, as the evidence suggests, did they play exactly the way they always do, and just not get penalized for it, despite the refs knowing their tendencies?  The fact that these hits should be expected from the Bengals but weren't called, while something Norman was known for was clearly on the refs radar, makes it hard for me to say that it was not intentional.

Norman has a tendency to hit the helmet?  Ok we'll look for it during the game.  Bengals have a tendancy to hit recieivers late?  Oh I didn't see ANY examples of that on Sunday did you? 

'

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

I know, I know...there are a bunch of missed penalties every game.  But how frequently do those horrific game-changing plays (Garcon PI for example) go against the NFL darlings like Dallas and New England?

Like, if that PI play on Garcon had been Brady to Edelman or Dak to Dez....and puts the Pats or Cowboys in position to win a thriller, does PI still get called there?  or do they possibly pick up the flag after a referee huddle?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

According to CSN (and PFT) this morning, Norman won't be fined for his comments. This article explains why:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-norman-wont-be-fined-rant-about-officials

Good for him. But I fear his rant will get some officials mad. I wouldn't be surprised to see there's some corporatism amongst them and would target him even more regarding this.

I'm not that scared about him being reffed by Freeman once again, as I'm sure the NFL will come up with some nice story the whole week regarding this to finally show both shaking hands before or after the game.

39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It wasn't even illegal formation, I think it was...illegal shift? I have literally NEVER heard that call made in every other NFL game ever.

Its so dumb. At this point I can't even celebrate good plays anymore because I'm just sitting there staring at the scorebox looking to see if the little yellow FLAG indicator pops up.

We had one illegal shift called yesterday. from two players at the same time.

Also I remember very early in the game that one of their D players grab our guys by the helmet with his arm and drag him down. Looked like horse collar tackle to me.

Now to get back on that PR negated by offsetting penalties here is watch the full play-by-play shows on NFL.com:

4-8-CIN 20 (12:30) (Punt formation) 10-K.Huber punts 59 yards to WAS 21, Center-46-C.Harris. 80-J.Crowder to WAS 35 for 14 yards (46-C.Harris). Penalty on WAS-13-M.Harris, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at WAS 21. Penalty on CIN-53-M.Flowers, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting.

Apparently they enforced the penalties ar the catch point not the end of the play. Not sure what the exact ruling is regarding that.

12 minutes ago, youngchew said:

I know, I know...there are a bunch of missed penalties every game.  But how frequently do those horrific game-changing plays (Garcon PI for example) go against the NFL darlings like Dallas and New England?

Like, if that PI play on Garcon had been Brady to Edelman or Dak to Dez....and puts the Pats or Cowboys in position to win a thriller, does PI still get called there?  or do they possibly pick up the flag after a referee huddle?  

Can't you guys do some class action against the NFL regarding this? The thing I love the most regarding officials is having a play then notice there is a flag that have been drawn only to have the Ref comes at the middle of the field, turn on his micro and say: "There was no foul on the play". So what? The guy just thrown his flag because he was training how to do it in a classy move? He tried to dab it? He thought it was a nice thing to do or it's a move set up to say 'Hi mom!'. Or those flags can't be put in their damn pockets???

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

"There was no foul on the play". So what? The guy just thrown his flag because he was training how to do it in a classy move? He tried to dab it? He thought it was a nice thing to do or it's a move set up to say 'Hi mom!'. Or those flags can't be put in their damn pockets???

Phantom flags.  Basically the ref will throw it but then allow the play to continue and see what the end result is before having to say what the penalty was for.  Then they can determine what the penalty is based on the outcome of the play and how they want it to go. These happen ALOT when we play the Giants

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

This post mirrors my feelings exactly. The holding on breeland, on the fumble we recovered wasn't the worst call of the game and that's frickin sad. The whole "complaining about refs is loser talk" bs sends me over the edge when I watch Doug Free on SNF put guys in headlocks and arm bars on every passing down. Yet we watch our players get mauled by illegal play and no flags, offensive PI on something Gronkowski does every passing down. Shameful officitiating to say the least. I appreciate some of the calls they make and trying to clean the game up etc, but be consistent! NFL is becoming torture to watch. 

****in a rights!!..good call!..it's the only thing I hold on to year in year out(besides my briefcase) but I personally think the commissioner is single handily ruining the NFL....yuuukkkk the whole fantasy **** ruining the NFL..there's not many fans of teams anymore..just fantasy team fans..everything's all about money...wowzers I guess I'm getting old...Ahhhh the good ole days when they played for fun..than went n laid brick n block or sold cars or whatever they did to make a living...ya times change..but for the absolute worst currently!!

I get the bitterness of the crappy ref calls; seemed like every time we got on defense there was 2 flage per drive.

But, with that being said, it is still an issue with Norman that should have been corrected way before it got out of hand, and Gruden or Barry should have told Norman while he was on the sideline to stop slapping at the face mask because it IS costing us yardage and keeping drives alive.

I know there are rules to prevent going to the head/facemask, and yes the Crowder catch with the ref standing right there should have drawn a flag, but it applies to QBs as well, and they do call those very tightly when someone goes to the head of a QB. But jumping Mary Joseph, the coaching staff should have gotten a hand on that situation BEFORE it became a big issue later.

But I guess Gruden was too busy playing jacks on the sideline to have enough snap to see just what the hell was going on out there. HE is responsible for corralling problems like this; he should have stepped in and put a stop to it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, campbellcooleyconnection said:

Not the first game stolen from us,remember Portis diving in end zone vs Packers.Oh wait late flag illegal formation on Thrash no TD........BS!!!!

That game wasn't "stolen" from us. No matter what you thought of the officiating, if Hopkins makes the gimme kick, we win. It's as simple as that. 

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

9 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I get the bitterness of the crappy ref calls; seemed like every time we got on defense there was 2 flage per drive.

But, with that being said, it is still an issue with Norman that should have been corrected way before it got out of hand, and Gruden or Barry should have told Norman while he was on the sideline to stop slapping at the face mask because it IS costing us yardage and keeping drives alive.

I know there are rules to prevent going to the head/facemask, and yes the Crowder catch with the ref standing right there should have drawn a flag, but it applies to QBs as well, and they do call those very tightly when someone goes to the head of a QB. But jumping Mary Joseph, the coaching staff should have gotten a hand on that situation BEFORE it became a big issue later.

But I guess Gruden was too busy playing jacks on the sideline to have enough snap to see just what the hell was going on out there. HE is responsible for corralling problems like this; he should have stepped in and put a stop to it.

After the second time this exact thot was running through my mind..k coach talk to Norman!