Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES has found a few good new mods

zoony

No, but you do get to attend the moderator-only tailgate. Here's a clip from last year's party:

OMG!!! Dan T please tell me you've seen the advertisement that was on just before the video. I suggest that any aspiring Mod interns should post their own rendition of a PooPouri commercial.  Let the winners float to the top while the losers are flushed into oblivion!

Can you find me Tennets in the 540 area code? :)

Virginia Eagle is the distributor for Tennents in your area. 

Griffin Tavern 659 Zachery Taylor Highway in Flint Hill has it by the can and on tap.

Lucky Star Lounge 205 E Main St in Front Royal has it by the can. 

It would be easier if you gave me a specific town or two that you frequent. Then I could probably find some place closer. 

they probably have a candidate in mind who doesn't necessarily deserve it but they have to promote him because there is no one else lol.

Obviously, all my posts in this thread are all jokes for fun and not to be taken seriously.

Oh I know. I just genuinely wonder who the Jim Zorn of ES is and since you brought it up I'm going to discreetly judge any new moderators in their "Jim Zorn" quotient.

Don't be the Jim Zorn mod.

My day job is database administrator for about 90% of every beer, liquor, and soda distributor in the country. Plus I help with the databases for most of the major brewers in the country. Some folks here can attest to my ability to find beers in your area. :)

Can you locate hard to find bourbon?????

As a well respected, prominent board contributor (LEAVE IT!), and after careful consideration. I'll throw my proverbial hat into the ring if for nothing else to add a non-American perspective to board issues and to be able to cover different time slots. 

Now wouldn't y'all just love that to happen?  :P

Hail. 

I thought you already were part of the mod squad.

I am interested. I am currently a mod on Redszone which is the largest Cincinnati Reds baseball forum. I have been a mod before on several maddon type football forums. I will have plenty of time to moderate both boards. Feel free to pm me if have questions for me. Thank you for your consideration. I have also enjoyed helping with the free agency and the player transaction threads etc. dc had suggested that I get more involved with keeping the thread up to date etc.

The Reds have fans?  :P

If the mods are ever looking for an editor, I could probably be talked into volunteering.

I realize that ES, being what it is, would most likely not have a need for someone with such skills, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I'm really impressed with the quality and number of folks that are willing to take on this job.  Its pretty thankless, I was a moderator back in the green screen days when on a good day we would see 200 people total, and it was a chore then.  I swore I'd never do it again. :)

My best wishes and good luck to who ever the mod's choose to join them.

Looks like you have some good candidates already but if you need some International out of hours coverage I'd be happy to oblige. 

Theres only really GHH and me on this board during your down time but keeping him in check and out of jail is probably a full time job ...

Looks like you have some good candidates already but if you need some International out of hours coverage I'd be happy to oblige. 

Theres only really GHH and me on this board during your down time but keeping him in check and out of jail is probably a full time job ...

^ He'd be a good one.

Ahem ?

No body else you can think of who spends far too much time here and is not in the US ......

Mumble munble ...

But GHH and MatrinC would be good options but the thing you really have to remember about GHH is well he is scouse the likleyhood of him not being in jail right now is pretty slim ....:)

Just as a thought if there are lots of people interested could we not have a popular vote (maybe the mayor and mayoress of ES) amongst the offseason dead time with proper nominations campaigning and mud slinging ....

And in best redskins traditions the existing mods can then ignore it and choose who they wanted in the first place ....

Would that not be better than the countless RGIII threads etc ....

(Where is that popcorn smiley)

Just as a thought if there are lots of people interested could we not have a popular vote (maybe the mayor and mayoress of ES) amongst the offseason dead time with proper nominations campaigning and mud slinging ....

LOL with all the electioneering, mudslinging etc, no viable people would be left, remember the dread ban hammer.

I don't believe there was any such thing as an Atari 500. I had a 2600 back in the day.

I still have one.  Haven't turned it on in a few years, but it might still be functional.

I'm really impressed with the quality and number of folks that are willing to take on this job.  Its pretty thankless...

It's been good to see how many people have volunteered, but let's be real.  They only get to see the front end part of it, whether it's Jumbo turning phrases and confusing people, Zoony getting salty, or TK posting pictures of stormtroopers.  Then they see people get banned, and everyone has their own way of doing it...whether it's Jumbo turning phrases and then banning them, or Zoony getting salty and then banning them....or TK posting pictures of stormtroopers and banning them.  And the power seems intoxicating.  Don't believe me?  Anytime there's a locked thread on the first page, it's almost a guarantee that at least 20 people, posters plus guests, are in there, because they want to see the carnage.

I have no doubt many people here have their hearts in the right place, but some probably just want a peek behind the curtain, so to speak.  Having been at tailgates with TK and listened to him describe some of the crap he deals with, I don't think many realize they're signing up for glorified janitorial work.

Archived