Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES has found a few good new mods

zoony

One of my faves was when a "popular" <i.e. smallish (5-10) igwad supporter contingent as we see on E.S from time to time> tailgate poster told me he hoped I die of pancreatic cancer and called me a "lefty lesbian loving homo" in the same e-mail.  :lol:

Without being specific, please tell me it wasn't the person we discussed earlier.

One of my faves was when a "popular" <i.e. smallish (5-10) igwad supporter contingent as we see on E.S from time to time> tailgate poster told me he hoped I die of pancreatic cancer and called me a "lefty lesbian loving homo" in the same e-mail.  :lol:

In my defense, I did apologize afterwards.

Amusing to read the posts that being a mod has changed me. I think it has in the sense that I certainly don't share as much as I used to.

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody say I'm cool) (He's cool)
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far

I go to parties, sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed

- Joe Walsh

What. The. ****.

Oh, this is just the tip of the iceberg...after 10 years of doing this, even if one isn't an expert on human behavior when they get here, they'll pick up a lot of "informative experience" just from being in this role...that's one reason why many (not all) people who opine critically on this stuff really have little or no clue until they sit here..especially if what they're operating on is what they hear from some buddy that got hit with a sanction, or based on what they see in the threads (which is usually a small piece of many matters, particularly where long term bans are involved)...

I've seen that one too many times as well. Gave a relatively new member a warning only some years ago,and after several pm's,(man he was pissed)he ended up with a permaban. Per his request even. He then went all twitter and Facebook and said he was permabanned because of his opinion or something like that.  :wacko:

In North Carolina our real estate commission puts a list of all agents who have been suspended as well as their infraction in the monthly magazine. Perhaps there should be a sticky thread listing all members who have been banned, length of time, and what they did to deserve it. Add an ignore button beside them for people who do t want to deal with them again.

Public shaming is awesome!

What the hell.

I'll throw my name in there.

I am generally unlearned about politics, I cannot stand hippies, I am an Aquarius and love long walks on the beach.

I can provide counter-sniper support, Pro-American stances, irrational hatred of all teams in Philly, and I make a mean grilled Ribeye.

I was in the Army, so I know my way around a bathroom with a toothbrush.  Additionally, I know full well how to babysit full grown men and women who prefer to drool on themselves rather than put together a coherent thought a.k.a. "Private first class so-and-so".

I would work tirelessly to install the "DING" sound I want so much when the ban hammer falls.  Regardless of whether I am able to wield Mjolnir or not.

Thank you for your consideration,

Goon

Reading these posts, I completely forgot I was a mod on a huge (don't laugh at me for this) Bone Thugs board about 12-13 years ago. It's still going strong until this day because Bone fans are quite rabid (heck, I'm over 30 now and they're like the only rappers I'll listen to nowadays, specifically Krazyie Bone... he's awesome, but I digress).

We had forums for Religion, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc... with mainly a teenage crowd so you could imagine how nuts it'd get, lol.

So, yeah, reading some of the posts from Jumbo, zoony, TK and PCS here certainly brings back memories about being a mod and dealing with the loonies. I remember now legitimately getting hurt at some of the things I was called, but I was young.    

In North Carolina our real estate commission puts a list of all agents who have been suspended as well as their infraction in the monthly magazine. Perhaps there should be a sticky thread listing all members who have been banned, length of time, and what they did to deserve it. Add an ignore button beside them for people who do t want to deal with them again.

Public shaming is awesome!

There have been times (some "famous" some infamous) that I've thoroughly roasted someone (when merited) in a thread and it usually netted a certain amount of support in the thread as well as some disapproval from whatever supporting contingent there was for the roastee, generally in the "leave britney alone you brute" manner.

Interestingly, the Pms you get from members who want to be critical of another member in such situations always far outweigh the in-thread castigation from the same. So you might see one or two posters go "yay" and three or four go "you're an unfair nazi" but in PM you get two dozen "way to go's." So people reading the thread might get the idea it was an unpopular move (not that such matters).

Reading these posts, I completely forgot I was a mod on a huge (don't laugh at me for this) Bone Thugs board about 12-13 years ago. It's still going strong until this day because Bone fans are quite rabid (heck, I'm over 30 now and they're like the only rappers I'll listen to nowadays, specifically Krazyie Bone... he's awesome, but I digress).

This is amazing.  And I apologize, but I spit out my coffee laughing when I read this.

Is being called left handed an insult now?

I can provide counter-sniper support,

For some reason this made me picture someone just running around yelling, "DUCK!"

Let's just say that you've never seen me & Batman in the same room together.

No. You are right.

But we do have pictures of you in the little tiny tighty black/blue/yellow Batman underwear in front of the mirror with a satin mask!

Make me a mod or Gotham is doomed!!!

Jk...;) LOL!!!

EDIT: Found the video proof!

Archived