Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

I'm gonna be optimistic. I think the Cowboys are due for a flop. What better team to end their hot streak than the Skins on Monday night. IF the Skins don't shoot themselves with turnovers, penalties, dumb special teams plays, and blown coverages in the secondary and keep Murray under 100, I can see them stealing one in Dallas. I think our receivers can expose their defense and Romo is due for some picks. I have no reason to think any of this will happen based on how both teams have played this year, but I just feel a Skins win and possibly going on our own winning streak. HTTR

Redskins- 28

Cowboys- 20

I'm not trying to take anything away from what the Cowboys have done this year.  They are a surprise.  That said, looking at all the teams they've played, only one team currently has a winning record (San Fran) and they lost that game.  Of course, they had their hand into making some of these teams .500 or worse so kudos to them.  I just find it hard to believe that this DeMarco Murray machine can continue to jug along at this pace all year.  It could happen I guess.  I hope not.

It's a valid point but the other side of that story is that if you turned that around and said, for the sake of discussion, that the Cowboys had lost to all the teams they have beaten., all of those teams (except Tennessee) would either be .500 or have a winning record.

You gotta play who's on the schedule.  Who are the good teams?  Denver, Baltimore, Philly, Az, GB, NE, Detroit, SD, Indy and Dallas?

Here are the win totals of the teams those teams have beaten:

Denver 16

Baltimore 12

Philly 13

Cards 14

Pack 12

Pats 10

Lions 13

Bolts 9

Colts 14

Cowboys 15

There just aren't a lot of good teams in the NFL these days.  It's a watered down league.

It's a valid point but the other side of that story is that if you turned that around and said, for the sake of discussion, that the Cowboys had lost to all the teams they have beaten., all of those teams (except Tennessee) would either be .500 or have a winning record.

You gotta play who's on the schedule.  Who are the good teams?  Denver, Baltimore, Philly, Az, GB, NE, Detroit, SD, Indy and Dallas?

Here are the win totals of the teams those teams have beaten:

Denver 16

Baltimore 12

Philly 13

Cards 14

Pack 12

Pats 10

Lions 13

Bolts 9

Colts 14

Cowboys 15

There just aren't a lot of good teams in the NFL these days.  It's a watered down league.

NE is not that good. They're just fortunate to be the AFC East. Wait until they play a good team again. And I think Arizona is a fraud too.

I don't think I'll watch. Three things against us:

1. Primetime games we always lose.

2. They're better than we are.

3. It's Dallass.

I hate losing to this team more than any team in the NFL. II tears me up inside to see us lose to them. Think I'll relax and just check in on the score from time to time.

The lack of our running game and the presence of the Cowgirls' running game makes all the difference in this game. :(

Cowturds 41

Skins 17

I predict I shall gladly be working and won't see one single second of the impending ass whooping in North Texas.

I'll also be travelling to Madrid the following Sunday when we play the Vikings so I get to skip that carnage too. Although the Vikes are little better than Jacksonville and TN so we might scrawn another one there.

I also predict I am won't be bothered in the slightest to be missing only my third and fourth games in 32 years, and second and third of the season.

Evil Empire a **** ton of points. Pathetic opponents not very many.

Hail.

Like you, I missed the game against the Titans. That's a first in nearly 30 years. I still have it on DVR, but I refuse to watch it. I've seen highlights...that's enough. I may miss the Dallass game as well; I've seen the ending of that movie countless times.

Murray is going to torch us "2012 Butler" style. 200+ yds rushing.

Pukes - 38

Skins - 12 (four FGs)

So depressing, yet so true. :wacko:

I have a horrible feeling about this one. This game could feature 2 100-yard backs for the Cowboys so that they can rest DeMarco with a comfortable lead. I think it'll be similar to the Seattle game, but not quite as close on the scoreboard. They will jump out and never really be threatened so they will put it on cruise control, but not be quite as sloppy as the Seahawks were.

My guess is the following line score:

First   Second   Third   Fourth   Final

Redskins       0          7           10         0          17

Cowboys      14        10          10         3          37

Ugly. 

OK, I had it totally wrong that we would lose against the Titans, but hey, that was my prediction on a Cousins all 4 quarters game.

Anyways, Colt is in now (like I said last week until RGIII gets healthy... why not?), but nothing has changed for me as far as us winning this week.

Redskins - 17

Cowboys - 31

Hope I'm wrong again

Cowboys cannot be for real. They are bound to lay an egg here soon. Why not this week? Maybe the ball bounces our way a bit and we capitalize on some mistakes for once. I'm taking a leap of faith here, but this is a rivalry game so in essence anything can happen. 

Redskins- 24

Cowgirls- 20

Given the current circumstances and the state of the Skins as a whole we have no chance of winning this game.  We barely beat a team that in all candor we are on par with across the board.  

But I have to say who would have thought that little weasel Jerry Jones would have assembled a decent O line with no splash acquisitions?  That O line gives Romo so much time to throw he no longer needs to make those ridiculous throws and look like a clown show in the process.  Such a shame.  I loved watching him throw INT's while their pathetic fans cried.  You would thought losing Ware and Hatcher would be a dent but their defense is actually better without them. Unbelievable.   Hatcher?   Hmmm.  Looking a bit expensive right now with not much return.

31 Pukes - 16 Skins.

Womp womp with this woe is me non-sense.

This is still a rivalry game, so the records can go out the window.  At the end of the day our strength on defense is our front 7  The key will be limiting our turnovers and Murray long enough for romoSUCKS to eventually make a mistake.  Our offense has too many people Colt just has to get the ball in the hands of for something not to happen in our favor eventually.

23-21 Redskins

You don't have to watch if you don't want to, but I will.

Edit- God I love that romoSUCKS filter

I don't know why.  Most weeks I predict the Skins to lose, but somehow I see them winning this one.  The rivalry inspires the defense to play well and swarm Romo.  Morris finally gets going, and Garcon scores for the second straight week with a 34 yard TD in the fourth quarter.  Skins 24 Cowgirls 17.

I don't know why.  Most weeks I predict the Skins to lose, but somehow I see them winning this one.  The rivalry inspires the defense to play well and swarm romoSUCKS.  Morris finally gets going, and Garcon scores for the second straight week with a 34 yard TD in the fourth quarter.  Skins 24 Cowgirls 17.

it would be the 3rd straight week, actually. if garcon gets a TD, i mean. remember, he got a TD late in the 4th against the cardinals. scored a TD yesterday.

Tough call. On paper, Dallas seems to be too much for the Redskins to handle at this time. But there are at least a few things that Redskins fans can hang their hat on: 

1) It's the Redskins vs. Cowboys. W-L records never seem to matter. It's the NFC East. Anything can happen.

2) I fully expect the Redskins to be at their best. Players like Moss, Garcon, Morris seem to have career type of days against the Cowboys. 

3) The NFL is all about matchups. I do believe that the Redskins receivers match up well against the Cowboys secondary. Plus the Cowboys pass rush isn't all that great. I believe McCoy will get the time to throw. 

I'll say Cowboys 31, Redskins 28 - with the understanding that the Redskins could pull out a win if they win the turnover battle. 

Tough call. On paper, Dallas seems to be too much for the Redskins to handle at this time. But there are at least a few things that Redskins fans can hang their hat on: 

1) It's the Redskins vs. Cowboys. W-L records never seem to matter. It's the NFC East. Anything can happen.

2) I fully expect the Redskins to be at their best. Players like Moss, Garcon, Morris seem to have career type of days against the Cowboys. 

3) The NFL is all about matchups. I do believe that the Redskins receivers match up well against the Cowboys secondary. Plus the Cowboys pass rush isn't all that great. I believe McCoy will get the time to throw. 

I'll say Cowboys 31, Redskins 28 - with the understanding that the Redskins could pull out a win if they win the turnover battle. 

you forgot a 4th reason skins fans can hang their hat on...

4) Kirk won't be playing, so interceptions will be down :)

Archived