Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

Homer pick aside.

I think Dallas gets a win, but it's not going to be easy. McCoy is returning home and getting a chance to shine. I see it competitive early and back and forth. Dallas pulls away like due to having the better offensive line, rushing attack and McCoy lack of ability to extend drives.

Dallas - 31

Skins - 20

Murray goes over 100 for the 8th straight time this year.

It's the NFL, it's the NFC East, anything can happen. However, looking at both teams and how they are playing at the moment it would take some serious luck and heroics for us to even have a sniff of a chance.

This is how I feel as well. Predicting anything, especially sports, is an exercise in futility. I mean, who saw the Kansas City Royal going toe to toe with the Giants in the World Series this year? NFC East games are notoriously unpredictable, but at the same time, the Redskins usually look like garbage on prime time. They sort of cancel each other out. 

We aren't going to win this game. The closer it gets, the more sure I am that we will lose.

The closer it gets, the more I'm getting nervous. The conditions for a trap game are almost perfect. Practically no one outside of the diehard Redskins fan core is giving the Redskins a chance. This MNF game has the potential to be a massive upset in the making, IMO. Cowboys fans should be nervous. 

The closer it gets, the more I'm getting nervous. The conditions for a trap game are almost perfect. Practically no one outside of the diehard Redskins fan core is giving the Redskins a chance. This MNF game has the potential to be a massive upset in the making, IMO. Cowboys fans should be nervous. 

nervous about this crappy secondary? nervous about this crappy pass rush? what a joke. cowboys are going to kill us. it wont be pretty. maybe for cowboys fans it will be pretty, but not for us skins fans.

Skins better not play soft and scared. If they do, that's when we could be looking at a massacre. Nothing will be more sickening to watch as a fan than Dez and DeMarco going up and down the field all night and our guys looking like they don't care. I want to see fire and aggression from our guys! Obviously a controlled fire to avoid penalties and bonehead plays. A couple deep TDs to Jackson and Garçon would be awesome to demoralize them and force them to make Romo throw and make some big mistakes

....I'm going to believe that the coaching staff is going to, once again, try and establish the run......

31-17 Cowboys because the 'Skins will choose the wrong game plan.  

http://es.redskins.com/topic/383962-tandlers-need-to-know-redskins-among-nfl%E2%80%99s-more-pass-happy-teams/

--Using the Game Script, he Football Perspective guys figure out how often a team should be expected to pass the ball given the score differential and comparing it to how much other teams pass in the same situation. I looked at this concept here earlier this month. The Redskins continue to be on the pass-happy side. They pass on 62.5 percent of their snaps compared to an expectation of 59.8 percent. That differential of 2.7 percent is the 11th-highest in the NFL.

—It should be noted that of the 10 teams that are more pass happy than the Redskins, all but two, the Raiders and Jaguars, have stable, established players at QB. It’s one thing passing a lot with Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady; it’s quite another doing so with Kirk Cousins.

In my opinion, the only way the Skins have a chance is if they can run the ball. I am hoping that with the emphasis placed on them not having been able to run the ball so far this season they will focus on it more and possibly get it untracked. If they can run it will take some pressure off of Colt and set up some medium to deep balls.They have to be able to keep the Cowboys offense off the field and put more stress on their D. If they can do that and at least come out even in the turnover dept. they have a chance. I know that's a lot of ifs, but one can hope.  

Womp womp with this woe is me non-sense.

This is still a rivalry game, so the records can go out the window.  At the end of the day our strength on defense is our front 7  The key will be limiting our turnovers and Murray long enough for romoSUCKS to eventually make a mistake.  Our offense has too many people Colt just has to get the ball in the hands of for something not to happen in our favor eventually.

23-21 Redskins

You don't have to watch if you don't want to, but I will.

Edit- God I love that romoSUCKS filter

You mean the front 7 that puts very little pressure the QB? The front 7 that barely lays a hand on the QB much less sack him? That 7? bawaahahahaha

2013 - Chargers / Bears

2011 - Giants (swept them)

2010 - Packers

2009 - Broncos

I'll give you the chargers. The Bears are average and have been for years.

Were the Giants ever good during the regular season in 2011? I know they won the SB but they were average all year and the first win came on opening day

The 2010 win over GB was in week 4 and we weren't that bad at that point in the season. We may have even been 1st in the division.

Literally expunged 2009 from my memory so yeah lol

2013 - Chargers / Bears

2011 - Giants (swept them)

2010 - Packers

2009 - Broncos

I'll give you the chargers. The Bears are average and weren't that great last season either. Granted the Skins were abominable last year

Were the Giants ever good during the regular season in 2011? I know they won the SB but they were average all year and the first win came on opening day

The 2010 win over GB was in week 4 and we weren't that bad at that point in the season. We may have even been 1st in the division.

Literally expunged 2009 from my memory so yeah lol

http://es.redskins.com/topic/383962-tandlers-need-to-know-redskins-among-nfl%E2%80%99s-more-pass-happy-teams/

--Using the Game Script, he Football Perspective guys figure out how often a team should be expected to pass the ball given the score differential and comparing it to how much other teams pass in the same situation. I looked at this concept here earlier this month. The Redskins continue to be on the pass-happy side. They pass on 62.5 percent of their snaps compared to an expectation of 59.8 percent. That differential of 2.7 percent is the 11th-highest in the NFL.

—It should be noted that of the 10 teams that are more pass happy than the Redskins, all but two, the Raiders and Jaguars, have stable, established players at QB. It’s one thing passing a lot with Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady; it’s quite another doing so with Kirk Cousins.

You pass more if your run game is producing less than good results.

We disagree violently on the expectation of the run game. But I maintain that if you can't run effectively on first down, and they haven't all year, then you've got to try something else.

I'd actually be in favor of running more, but differently.

All I know is that what they're doing doesn't fit their personnel, and it's like cramming a round peg into a square hole.

And I think they're going to try again, and fail again.

2011 NYG: They were 9-7, with 2 of those losses coming against us, so 9-5 against the rest of the NFL. Their 2nd game against us was the only one they lost of their final 4 regular season games, and came right after their memorable comeback win against Dallas. Furthermore we beat them by double digits in both games.

2010 GB: we were 2-2 and coming off a 4-12 season. GB was 3-1 and coming off an 11-5 season. Furthermore this was the year that GB won the SB.

Man could you imagine the shot in the arm this team and fans would get if Griffin gets announced at the last minute as starting, torches Dallas and we win? One can dream. Instead we will probably see Murray run for 150 yards, with no Hall Dez will go over 100 yards too and the Griffin stuff all week was just to waste their time game planning for him when the organization knew all along he wasnt playing.

Archived