Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

Redskins are probably the best run D the Cowboys have faced since week 1 (only given up 100 yards to Arian Foster week 1, barely, and Russell Wilson, who doesn't count because he isn't a RB). This could be the week Demarco misses out on 100 yards. I could honestly see our D coming to play and limiting what Dallas is trying to do. That team isn't going 15-1. They're overdue for a loss. 

(Homer pick alert)

Redskins 27

Dallas 24

I think they will pass on us at will though, especially with their O line and our secondary.

Redskins are probably the best run D the Cowboys have faced since week 1 (only given up 100 yards to Arian Foster week 1, barely, and Russell Wilson, who doesn't count because he isn't a RB). This could be the week Demarco misses out on 100 yards. I could honestly see our D coming to play and limiting what Dallas is trying to do. That team isn't going 15-1. They're overdue for a loss. 

(Homer pick alert)

Redskins 27

Dallas 24

Um,..you might be right about stopping Demarco.  Maybe.

BUT,...who's gonna cover Dez??  Who's gonna cover Witten?

Redskins are probably the best run D the Cowboys have faced since week 1 (only given up 100 yards to Arian Foster week 1, barely, and Russell Wilson, who doesn't count because he isn't a RB).

Seattle?

Plus, the run D is often good because teams rely more on the pass, because they know we can't stop it.

It's a division game.   I don't see a blow out.   Besides, the Cowboys are not built that way.   We run the ball which should keep the score closer.   The Cowboys are more interested in creating a comfortable lead and then running clock.   I don't see it being a 20 point game. 

Really wish our bye was this week, then played the boyz.  Oh well, can't change that:

Cowgirls - 31

Redskins - 20

We score a late touchdown to make it look better than it was, the single most influential factor in this game isn't even the Cowgirls team.....it's MONDAY NIGHT

UGH....we lay another stinker for the whole word to see...

Yesterday I called for a win against the Titans with a little more fuel thrown on the QB Fire. I figured that Kirk would have a great game(wow, did I miss). Never imagined that Colt would rally the troops(sort of). Anyways, I feel very certain that the Skins will keep this one close until after halftime. Then the Boys will run away with it.

Good Guys 17

Bad Guys 31

(Homer pick alert)

Redskins 27

Dallas 24

Seattle is 3rd in the league, vs Run.  San Francisco is 6th and and New Orleans is 10th.

In the San Francisco game, they really didn't stop the run.  Murray rushed for 118 against them with a 5.5 YPC average.  The problem was Turn Overs.   We committed 4 and San Francisco had none.  Tony threw 3 INTs and Murray fumbled once.  We actually outgained San Francisco on Offense but between TO's and horrible Special Teams plays, we got beat.  

It is what it is but against the rush, we actually Manhandled them.  

Murray is going to torch us "2012 Butler" style. 200+ yds rushing.

Pukes - 38

Skins - 12 (four FGs)

Pointing out that we did manage to shut down McCoy and Sproles.

Granted, we did it by selling out to stop the run, and making their QB beat us with his arm. Which is a lot less dangerous to try, with DHall on the field, than without.

But it's possible that the only matchup we will win, Monday Night, will be against the Dallas run game.

Pointing out that we did manage to shut down McCoy and Sproles.

Granted, we did it by selling out to stop the run, and making their QB beat us with his arm. Which is a lot less dangerous to try, with DHall on the field, than without.

But it's possible that the only matchup we will win, Monday Night, will be against the Dallas run game.

Stopping McCoy isn't that hard to do this season. We could stop Murray and we'd still lose by 30. If by some miracle we can contain Dez Bryant, Witten or Terrence Williams will be consistently open and post 100+ yards.

Folks, it's October and primetime and a division game. The Skins are terrible in primetime, the Cowboys are great in October (December, no so much), and the Skins are the doormat of the division. Folks are delusional if they think this is going to be a close game. 

I think the only shot we have to win this game is to catch the Cowboys completely off guard somehow. And that's not going to happen by waiting until the last second to announce our starting QB.

I'm making the assumption that RG will not be starting, so I would start the game with a heavy dose of the read option with Colt (he runs well enough to be a threat). We will need to do something that the Cowboys haven't prepared for in practice and hopefully jump out to an early lead. Let's face it, we have no chance of stopping their offense. It's going to take some turnovers and good breaks to pull this off.

The one positive I see is that if we can somehow pull the upset, it could galvanize this team and get them to believe that we can go on a run. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

The eternal optimist in me says:

Skins 26

Girls 24

The realistic me says:

Skins 20

Girls 31

I agree with previous folks that our run D is formidable.  We can probably take away or limit Murray but we have nobody to match up with Dez Bryant.  He looked like an all pro yesterday.  Our pass rush is weak or non-existent but maybe Hatcher has a monster game and wreaks havoc.  Still, romoSUCKS with time will find Witten, Bryant, Williams and even Escobar all day.  Heck, Whitehurst almost won yesterday.  This one is on the defense, I think we will move the ball on offense but struggle in the red zone, per usual.

Cowboys - 38

Redskins - 20

I don't even wanna make a prediction...I'll probably end up being totally wrong anyway, cause I would pick the skins. Well, on the bright side, after this game we won't have any more night time games the rest of the season :) and hopefully none next season, I mean other than that Thursday night game that every team gets

One thing I want to see and is AMAZED that no teams are able to stop this.

When it's 3rd and 4 or more yds, DOUBLE TEAM Whitten.

But in order to have a shot in this game, Morris is gonna have to have a good game. I say at least 85 or more yards.

Offensive and defensive stats say this should be a good game.  The problem is one team takes advantage of their opportunities while the other constantly shoots itself in the foot.  Sadly, I suspect the team that always shoots itself in the foot will continue to do so.

Cowboys 38

Redskins 10

I'm not trying to take anything away from what the Cowboys have done this year.  They are a surprise.  That said, looking at all the teams they've played, only one team currently has a winning record (San Fran) and they lost that game.  Of course, they had their hand into making some of these teams .500 or worse so kudos to them.  I just find it hard to believe that this DeMarco Murray machine can continue to chug along at this pace all year.  It could happen I guess.  I hope not.

Archived