Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

This game changes our season.

It's either going to be completely over, or we could very well be sitting at 5-5 in a few more weeks.

Redskins 33

Cowboys 31

Dallas gets the ball back late and Romo out-Romos himself with an overthrown ball picked off by Meriweather to seal it.

Ill always take a win, but I can not get too excited about beating the Titans who with CHarlie Whitehurst almost beat us...we BARELY got away with one. I also can not get too excitited about Colt Mccoy who didnt turn the ball over but that TD pass was all Garcon, and those drives where the WR's making plays not the brilliance of Colt..

Dallas is rolling and are too good for us to stop right now. We wont stop Murray, Whitten, Bryant, etc.

I am going to watch but it aint gonna be pretty, and Ill probably be close to falling asleep by half time....

Pukes:38

Skins:12

All 12 points on Kai Forbath FG's Alfred still struggles, who ever plays QB throws for about 200 no TD's and at least 1 pic and fumble. Kerrigan will get a sack though.

Cousins will start.

Don't know how but if they manage to win that game, maybe by controlling clock, and expose the fraud that are the 2014 Cowboys, look out......paloffs talk is gonna heat up around here.

Next three:

@DAL, @MIN, TB. They run that TV dinner sized table and they're 5-5 potentially with an "healthy" Griff and some mojo.

Two weeks to prepare. Cousins will start.

Don't know how but if they manage to win that game, maybe by controlling clock, and expose the fraud that are the 2014 Cowboys, look out......paloffs talk is gonna heat up around here.

Next three:

@DAL, @MIN, TB. They run that TV dinner sized table and they're 5-5 potentially with an "healthy" Griff and some mojo.

Where did you get 2 weeks to prepare from?

Took a last second field goal to beat the Charlie Whitehurst led Titans. They have a team worse than the 'skins with inferior talent and they still almost went home with a 'W'.

How in the hell is our defense going to stop the likes of Romo, Witten, Murray, Bryant, etc, etc?

For those of you that think the 'skins have a chance? Save yourself now.

First, I think it would be a huge mistake to bring RG3 back for this game.  Nationally televised game, playing against what seems to be a very good Cowboy team, coming off another injury, limited time to practice and prepare, etc.etc, seems to be recipe for disaster.  I think you start McCoy (he has played in big games before) and IF RG3 looks good, you have him the #2 just in case.  If the game gets out of hand or lopsided, maybe you bring RG3 in to get some game reps.

Overall, I think we may see RG3 in second half because I don't think it will be close.

Cowpukes:  45

Redskins:    10

The Skins rush defense isn't that bad.  So that will be my upset pick, we're going to snap Murray's 100 yard game streak.  Dez Bryant is probably going to kill us though.

I'm still mad that their defense doesn't such as much as they were supposed to.

This will be Haslett's approach;

stack 8 in the box to stop Murray, and romo plays catch with Dez for well over 200 yds.

Then Haslett, in true form, will throw Raheem under the bus to cover his ass.

We are good at stopping the run

With Colt we have 5% of winning

With KC under center we have a 10% chance of winning

With RGIII 100% healthy we have 25% of winning.

Need to stop the run with them throw them out of wack there and we need to run the ball as much as possible.  Redd needs to see at least 10 carries.

I would say we would get embarrassed but not sure that's possible anymore

This Redskins Team sucks and we are going to get the living **** kicked out of us on national TV.

I realized that initially I "liked" this with the intent of agreeing with it, but I do not like it at all. :(

First, I think it would be a huge mistake to bring RG3 back for this game.  Nationally televised game, playing against what seems to be a very good Cowboy team, coming off another injury, limited time to practice and prepare, etc.etc, seems to be recipe for disaster.  I think you start McCoy (he has played in big games before) and IF RG3 looks good, you have him the #2 just in case.  If the game gets out of hand or lopsided, maybe you bring RG3 in to get some game reps.

Overall, I think we may see RG3 in second half because I don't think it will be close.

Cowpukes:  45

Redskins:    10

Yeah, so, RG3 is not getting played if we're getting blown out.  It's a stretch to even see this franchise rushing him back to START this game, much less risk further injury to him in a blowout loss.  Never happen.

It's the NFL, it's the NFC East, anything can happen. However, looking at both teams and how they are playing at the moment it would take some serious luck and heroics for us to even have a sniff of a chance.

I will be there though, I hear it's actually quite friendly and welcoming for visiting fans despite it being a rivalry game, is that the case?

It's the NFL, it's the NFC East, anything can happen. However, looking at both teams and how they are playing at the moment it would take some serious luck and heroics for us to even have a sniff of a chance.

I will be there though, I hear it's actually quite friendly and welcoming for visiting fans despite it being a rivalry game, is that the case?

Yes. I'll be there as well, been to majority of our games there since it opened. It is very quiet, very big, very comfortable, and you will experience few if any hassles unless you really want to find some.

The Cowboys, against the Redskins, play 2 different games.

In games such as MNF, or even regular season games, they play whats called a 'Showboat' game, and usually win.

In games where its either playoffs or for division championship, its called a 'Show-up' game, and they choke.

This game is definitely a showboat game.

The one good thing is, when it involves playoffs, etc, the Redskins own the Cowboys, and that in itself is reason enough to smile.

As everyone has mentioned. The Boys, sadly, look like a legit threat for a solid playoff run. One of the best o-lines in the NFL, with a great RB/WR/QB combo. Couple that with the fact we always get blown out in primetime.....it will be very ugly very early. 

38-13 Cowboys. 

Redskins are probably the best run D the Cowboys have faced since week 1 (only given up 100 yards to Arian Foster week 1, barely, and Russell Wilson, who doesn't count because he isn't a RB). This could be the week Demarco misses out on 100 yards. I could honestly see our D coming to play and limiting what Dallas is trying to do. That team isn't going 15-1. They're overdue for a loss. 

(Homer pick alert)

Redskins 27
Dallas 24

Archived