Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

I think all of you guys are giving Dallas way too much credit...Dallas has not faced a receiver corp of the redskins level yet...I would force Dallas into a shootout,Because we all know romoSUCKS will eventually throw an Int...Stack the box to stop the run and make romoSUCKS beat you.

Redskins 31

Cowboys 24

And you don't think they're thinking the samething about McCOY?

These weeks are always tough for me, it's one of 2 weeks every year that my dad and I are at odds with each other.... as a side effect, I am one of those circumstances where I don't personally hate the cowboys as much as the other two NFCeast teams.  The eagles are a joke permanently until they win a SB because they behave as if they won 10 but it's just blind pathetic phanaticism... I am from eagles territory and that makes me hate them even more.  But nothing beats my hatred for the giants ever since the cap penalty... I actually get adrenaline rushes when I think about the giants, the cap penalty, victor ****ing salsa... j's pp, aintrell roll... 

But anyways.  I think this will go one of two ways.  It will either be a game similar to the seahawks game, where we look outclassed but we still play them tough.  Or, it will be like the Texans game, where our offense sputters (not for the same reasons, McCoy this time instead of defensive pressure) and the D plays tough.  I think our ST has slowly been improving past it's previous trainwreck form, and against the cowboys, the ST will be on point and give top effort.

It will not (better not) be like the giants game, and I don't see it being a shootout loss like the Eagles either. 

Therefore, I'm going with the ranges of: 

23-28 cowboys, and 13-17 redskins. 

-----------------

the only obvious element I am not adding here is that in terms of our season, this is a paloffs season ender if we lose, and obviously the cowboys don't "need" this game like we do, and they just got through a stretch of great recent wins, so *could* have a letdown.

The only problem is, a monster offensive line is probably the least likely part of a team to ever go through "letdown games,"  so I don't want to bank on that and turn this into a voila homer pick.  If this was a cowboys team in the past that was romo or nothing, then maybe... my homer pick mulligans are over for this year.    

I'm going to go with blind homerism faith here and go with the skins.  We don't really have any business winning this game, so of course that's exactly why we will win this game.  If we were say 5-2 i would predict a loss.

Skins 24

Boys  21

I'll take your blind homerism and raise you.....Skins 30 Couchboys 21

oh, you're the first Dallas fan to admit that to me. I feel a bit better now lol

Every Dallas fan I know loves and hates playing us. It is kind of crazy, no matter how good they are or bad we are they always seem to think it will be a tough game. Probably because for the most part, it is. They have definitely won more but it always seems close. Doesn't matter if its Rex Grossman or Brad Johnson QBing. 

I don't think the Dallas defense is very good, but their offense eats up the clock so much with Murray's runs no-one gets a chance to really test them.

So, if we can stop the run, I think we can keep it close, but much as it pains me to say it, it's hard to see us winning. We give up too many big plays on defense, leave points on the field on offense, and commit too many penalties all around.

Haslett breaks out his Dallas gameplan.

The defense bows it back and stops Murray.

We dial up some pressure+hits on Romo and get a turnover

Offense doesn't turn the ball over!

Running game gets rolling.

We get some chunk yardage-DeSean/Garçon, Reed/Niles, Helu

Specials teams gives good field position.

Dallas will score between 27-31 points.  Because our defense is very eh, we are going to try and slow down Murray, and probably provide help for Bryant, so therefore somebody else is going to have a career game.  Maybe Whitten, maybe one of the other WRs.

So, the question is, how many points can the 'Skins score with Colt McCoy at QB.

I'm going to believe that the coaching staff is going to, once again, try and establish the run, either with Morris or Redd, it's not going to work, and so we're going to be passing in known passing situations. That's going to lead to pressure, which is going to lead to turnovers.  

I say they manage the same point total as last week. 17.  

31-17 Cowboys because the 'Skins will choose the wrong game plan.  

Just based on the commercials for this week's MNF game, ESPN is ready to do some major butt-kissing to the Dallas Cowboys. I suggest you all watch the game with the sound all the way down.

Think u r 100% correct in ur assessment. Almost feels like a coronation of sorts. Cowherd is going to be done there among others. And the commercials i have seen emphasize the cowgirls with the skins being the token beat down team.

Think I will listen to more redskincentric broadcast.

Whuel this game could get ugly, I think it may play out like the seachick game....where we were kinda close, but I never thought Seattle was really in any danger if losing.

Archived