Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

Well then we might as well not even get off the plane... 

The only thing that is more predictable than our horrific record in prime time is Tony OH NO's propensity to throw the ball to the other team in pressure situations.

If we don't get run out of the building in the first half of this one and can keep it close we might just win.

Redskins - 30

Turds -28

For some reason, my dad is convinced we win this game...43-17 he said. I had to play devil's advocate and had to tell him that we havent won on the road in 9 games.

I think we sell out to stop the run (and do so), but the boys pass all over us and win convincingly. 

Hopefully Gruden has a trick up his sleeve and rg3 starts. Not that it means anything, just would be a nice shot in the arm and good television to watch. Hopefully, Im not watching Gotham by halftime.

I hope my dad is right on this one.

Terrell Davis said on NFL network this morning something like " it's not a question of if the Cowboys win, It's more like when do they pull Murray out of the game because it has gotten out of hand". I know the Cowboys appear to be a big favorite in this game but hearing that this morning really p^^^^d me off and I really hope the Redskins can find a way to win this game.

Terrell Davis said on NFL network this morning something like " it's not a question of if the Cowboys win, It's more like when do they pull Murray out of the game because it has gotten out of hand". I know the Cowboys appear to be a big favorite in this game but hearing that this morning really p^^^^d me off and I really hope the Redskins can find a way to win this game.

I don't know why that upsets you.  He's simply an unbiased 3rd party giving his opinion of what's going to take place.  I've tried really hard to think of situations where the Redskins could pull this one out and with the news of Colt definitely starting - I simply cannot find one.  Even with Griffin, it's not probable.  With Colt, it's not possible.

This game has all the classic makings of a trap game. But it just isn't happening. We're on our 3rd string QB. Orakpo is overrated, but teams still had to gameplan for him somewhat. Our cowboy killer D.Hall isnt covering Dez. Our D will sell out on the run, leaving Dez wide open against our porous secondary all day, with the occassional over the middle wide open passes to Witten. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that taking Dallas and the -10 is the lock of the year. We're gonna get trounced. 

Final score:

Cowboys 42

Redskins 17

So, here's an interesting question: What happens if the Redskins win tonight? Remember just 2 years ago, we were sitting at 3-6. Things would still look prettty bleak at 3-5, but with RGIII returning in a couple weeks, could we catch lightning again?

Edit: BTW, I think the Cowboys win tonight 45-13.  And instead of catching lightning, we catch ebola.

I don't know why that upsets you.  He's simply an unbiased 3rd party giving his opinion of what's going to take place.  I've tried really hard to think of situations where the Redskins could pull this one out and with the news of Colt definitely starting - I simply cannot find one.  Even with Griffin, it's not probable.  With Colt, it's not possible.

Every time the sports "experts" claim the Cowboys will rout the Redskins, it comes back to bite them.

Anyone remember when the "experts" said that Skins fans should put more faith in "Kermit the frog playing against the Cowboys than Rex Grossman"?

Anyone remember how that game turned out?

Did anyone else notice just how one-sided the MNF promo for this game is? I don't believe I have seen a MNF promo that was this much in favor of one team over the other.

Not to mention, we'll have to put up with the do-gooders going out of their way to not say Redskins, like other networks have allowed their employees to do.

Imagine if we didn't actually have a city; they wouldn't know WHAT to say !

Every time the sports "experts" claim the Cowboys will rout the Redskins, it comes back to bite them.

Anyone remember when the "experts" said that Skins fans should put more faith in "Kermit the frog playing against the Cowboys than Rex Grossman"?

I don't think it requires an expert to make claim that the Cowboys are going to whoop the Redskins.

We can look back on the small pool of W's the Redskins have collected when they weren't supposed to over the years all we want.  The fact of the matter is, this game isn't like those other years.

This Cowboys team is balanced and thier strengths just so happened to be lined up against our weaknesses.

Bryant/Williams vs. our secondary - D. Hall

Witten vs. our weak LB's in coverage

O. Line/Murray vs. a front missing Cofield and Orakpo

Last but not least...

Colt McCoy vs. anyone, ever.

The only chance the Skins win this game is if they get some lucky breaks and the Cowboys sleepwalk into the stadium and commit stupid penalties and put the ball on the ground.  That COULD happen, but isn't likely.

well, the only games against dallas that grossman played in while he was with us were losses (week 15 in 2010 lost 33-30, and 2011 week 3 lost 18-16 and 2011 week 11 lost 27-24). so weren't the "experts" kinda right...? the only way they would have been wrong is if we won any of those 3 games.

So, here's an interesting question: What happens if the Redskins win tonight? Remember just 2 years ago, we were sitting at 3-6. Things would still look prettty bleak at 3-5, but with RGIII returning in a couple weeks, could we catch lightning again?

Edit: BTW, I think the Cowboys win tonight 45-13.  And instead of catching lightning, we catch ebola.

If we win tonight this season is a looooooong way from being over.

We can come out of the bye with players returning from injuries, and our last 3 games are against the division. All's not lost...yet :)

I don't think it requires an expert to make claim that the Cowboys are going to whoop the Redskins.

We can look back on the small pool of W's the Redskins have collected when they weren't supposed to over the years all we want.  The fact of the matter is, this game isn't like those other years.

This Cowboys team is balanced and thier strengths just so happened to be lined up against our weaknesses.

Bryant/Williams vs. our secondary - D. Hall

Witten vs. our weak LB's in coverage

O. Line/Murray vs. a front missing Cofield and Orakpo

Last but not least...

Colt McCoy vs. anyone, ever.

The only chance the Skins win this game is if they get some lucky breaks and the Cowboys sleepwalk into the stadium and commit stupid penalties and put the ball on the ground.  That COULD happen, but isn't likely.

Exactly how I feel. I mean, Colt COULD light it up I suppose. The Cowboys could sleepwalk. Murray could break his leg, etc etc. 

But their strengths play against our weaknesses. With good QB play, I think we could actually make this a shootout as I'm still not buying the Cowboys Defense,  but I just don't have the faith that our third string QB can get it done, despite the playmakers we have on the outside. 

I am strangely optimistic.  I believe the Boys are overrated and may be looking past us…sort of.  I think Colt is far better than the Boys think he is and will have a very good game.  i'm gonna reverse my earlier prediction and go...

Skins 34

Boys 27

Big games for DJax, Hatcher, AlMo and Colt.   Let's do this!

You missed the point as well, I see lol...

I'll give another hint: how many times does your "expert analysis" have to be way off the mark before they stop attaching the word "expert" to it?

Um...was the point that he played well in a loss? lol

Um ok. 

Yay.

You're only slightly closer to getting my point lol...

Before:

You ---> B.......................................................P <--- My point

Now:

You ---> B..........................................P <--- My point

You missed the point as well, I see lol...

I'll give another hint: how many times does your "expert analysis" have to be way off the mark before they stop attaching the word "expert" to it?

You're only slightly closer to getting my point lol...

Before:

You ---> B.......................................................P <--- My point

Now:

You ---> B..........................................P <--- My point

Bro...you really dont have one.

"Experts" predicted Rex to suck...he was a bit above average and still lost. YAY. 

More often than not, the "experts" are right...especially with a suck franchise like the Skins. One example against doesn't change that. 

Odds are high that tonight is going to go very wrong. 

well, the only games against dallas that grossman played in while he was with us were losses (week 15 in 2010 lost 33-30, and 2011 week 3 lost 18-16 and 2011 week 11 lost 27-24). so weren't the "experts" kinda right...? the only way they would have been wrong is if we won any of those 3 games.

You guys are killing me lol...

Last hint: what was it that I said the "experts" said/predicted?

Redskins win b/c it makes no sense.

Plus, it's a ROAD night game.  Since we don't win home night games, this one is in the bag for the Skins.  Dallas is way overrated, don't forget they were supposed to suck, and we finally have the best QB on our roster starting.  As of right now, we know that Cousins ran the offense better than Griffin, and McCoy is Cousins without the myriad mistakes. 

Skins win, 27-21.

Archived