Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

For some reason, my dad is convinced we win this game...43-17 he said. I had to play devil's advocate and had to tell him that we havent won on the road in 9 games.

I think we sell out to stop the run (and do so), but the boys pass all over us and win convincingly. 

Hopefully Gruden has a trick up his sleeve and rg3 starts. Not that it means anything, just would be a nice shot in the arm and good television to watch. Hopefully, Im not watching Gotham by halftime.

I hope my dad is right on this one.

This. Our team is incredibly predictable. We know Haslett is going to sell out against the run, because that's what he always does against a strong running team. He'll be successful at it too! Unfortunately for Haslett, he'll end up leaving the pass defense susceptible and we'll get torn apart. Look for Romo and Bryant to have career-type games.

Murray gets held to under 80 yards.

Romo throws for 350+ and 3 TD's.

Bryant for 150+ and 2 TD's.

Also look for us to get no pressure on Romo, which has become a staple of this defense.

You guys are killing me lol...

Last hint: what was it that I said the "experts" said/predicted?

Ok, I get it.  Is that the game that Kermit played and we still lost? 

The only error in their predictions was the fact the game was close.  That really doesn't mean they

werent correct.

Bro...you really dont have one.

"Experts" predicted Rex to suck...he was a bit above average and still lost. YAY. 

More often than not, the "experts" are right...especially with a suck franchise like the Skins. One example against doesn't change that. 

Odds are high that tonight is going to go very wrong. 

"Experts" said that Grossman was--and would be--so horrid in comparison to McNabb, whom he was replacing, that an inanimate piece of cloth would do a better job against the Cowboys than Rex would.

Nevermind the fact that McNabb was blowing chunks week in and week out by that point.

Nevermind that the games between the Cowboys and Redskins had been incredibly competitive over the last 5+ seasons, no matter what the records, who the QB or who the coach was.

Nevermind trying to figure out if Grossman could bring something to Kyle Shanahan's offensive scheme--which he was experienced in more than McNabb--that might cause him to do better than expected.

No. The only level of analysis apparently that was needed was to figure out how to best insult Grossman and his chances. Nothing deeper than that required, that's how obvious the Cowboys were gonna walk away with that game and that's how obviously putrid Rex Grossman was going to play. And let's laugh at the Skins' fans who are misguided enough to think Rex will give their team any type of chance to win.

(and for those who can't remember anything beyond last week, Shanahan was being blasted left and right in the media for daring to sit McNabb and instead going with the Muppet-level talents of Rex Grossman...which is why the insults about Grossman, and the fans who thought he actually had a chance of playing well against the Cowboys, started flying).

Kind of like saying the only analysis needed for tonight's game is to wonder in which quarter the Cowboys will be resting Murray, because nothing else needs to be considered or discussed.

Yes, I understand there are fans--like you, apparently--who think that facts, logic and analysis are flushed down the toilet if the team loses. "Dan Snyder is short, therefore the Redskins will lose" is perfectly acceptable if the Skins do indeed lose in the minds of some...Hey, the Redskins lost, right?...So the expert was right! What's your point?

Don't make me explain this again lol...

Ok, I get it.  Is that the game that Kermit played and we still lost? 

The only error in their predictions was the fact the game was close.  That really doesn't mean they

werent correct.

Sheesh lol...*smdh*

Can you point out anywhere where I mentioned AT ALL about the "experts" predictions of us losing? Anywhere that I mentioned it in that original post? Anywhere at all?

If not, why do you guys keep bringing it up? lol :lol:

"Experts" said that Grossman was--and would be--so horrid in comparison to McNabb, whom he was replacing, that an inanimate piece of cloth would do a better job against the Cowboys than Rex would.

Nevermind the fact that McNabb was blowing chunks week in and week out by that point.

Nevermind that the games between the Cowboys and Redskins had been incredibly competitive over the last 5+ seasons, no matter what the records, who the QB or who the coach was.

Nevermind trying to figure out if Grossman could bring something to Kyle Shanahan's offensive scheme--which he was experienced in more than McNabb--that might cause him to do better than expected.

No. The only level of analysis apparently that was needed was to figure out how to best insult Grossman and his chances. Nothing deeper than that required, that's how obvious the Cowboys were gonna walk away with that game and that's how obviously putrid Rex Grossman was going to play. And let's laugh at the Skins' fans who are misguided enough to think Rex will give their team any type of chance to win.

(and for those who can't remember anything beyond last week, Shanahan was being blasted left and right in the media for daring to sit McNabb and instead going with the Muppet-level talents of Rex Grossman...which is why the insults about Grossman, and the fans who thought he actually had a chance of playing well against the Cowboys, started flying).

Kind of like saying the only analysis needed for tonight's game is to wonder in which quarter the Cowboys will be resting Murray, because nothing else needs to be considered or discussed.

Yes, I understand there are fans--like you, apparently--who think that facts, logic and analysis are flushed down the toilet if the team loses. "Dan Snyder is short, therefore the Redskins will lose" is perfectly acceptable if the Skins do indeed lose in the minds of some...Hey, the Redskins lost, right?...So the expert was right! What's your point?

ya know, now i actually do agree with this. the nfl "experts" said that we would lose horribly just because grossman was starting that week 15 game in dallas. we didn't lose horribly, so we proved the experts wrong. at the end of the day, these people shouldn't be called "experts". they are just people with an opinion that will either be wrong or right. hopefully they are proven wrong tonight too.

ya know, now i actually do agree with this. the nfl "experts" said that we would lose horribly just because grossman was starting that week 15 game in dallas. we didn't lose horribly, so we proved the experts wrong. at the end of the day, these people shouldn't be called "experts". they are just people with an opinion that will either be wrong or right. hopefully they are proven wrong tonight too.

And the Cowboys won it with a FG with 50 seconds left to go.

Maybe a little more analysis should have been given concerning how terrible the Cowboys' defense was at that time instead of only concentrating on how terrible Grossman was supposed to be?

Naaaah lol...

The so-called "experts" believe the Cowboys will blow us away. We play the Cowboys twice a year and know their weapons. The last time we played them, they beat us by 1 point. The last 6 Skins-Cowboys games on MNF was determined 6 points and under. Even with a 3rd string QB, I still don't think it will be a blow out. The only way it will be a blowout is if the Redskins don't show up at all, and I will blame Gruden on this if it does happen. This is a do-or-die game that will determine our season.

Yeah dude, you're making a point that seems very trivial.

Rex played well. Ok. 95% of the time, he doesn't lol. This one instance doesn't disprove "experts"

Yeah dude, you're making a point that seems very trivial.

Rex played well. Ok. 95% of the time, he doesn't lol. This one instance doesn't disprove "experts"

It does because they were wrong in that instance which was his point.  'Experts' are wrong all the time.  I feel like every primetime game you have these people saying something at the beginning of the game to only have halftime come around and they are in a bit of awe.  It's a weekly thing where:

Pregame:

'Oh, it should be a great battle between A & B'

or

'A is just going to be too much for B tonight'

Halftime:

'I'm not sure anyone saw this coming, such and such just didn't come out to play tonight'

When it's 50/50 with the latter quote, you lose your 'expert' status

Cowboys 31

Redskins 20

We won't be able to hold Cowboys offense for long and Colt just won't make enough plays to win the game.  It pains me to predict this, especially against the broke back boys, but I have to be honest with myself and my Redskin brethren. 

I waited as long as I could to see if RG was gonna play this week, Jay has that card hidden in his back pocket.  Most likely, I don't think he will play, but we are making the Cowgirls at least prepare for him.  

Colt at the helm, suffers the same fate as Kirk when you are the actual starter and not just coming into a game.

Skins - 13

Cowboys - 28

Wouldn't it be something if we did win though!!!  One can dream.....

Did anyone else notice just how one-sided the MNF promo for this game is? I don't believe I have seen a MNF promo that was this much in favor of one team over the other.

I noticed it as well, but really, without RG3 what do we have to promote?  I don't blame them, but boy would i love nothing more for a win to show all the brass at ESPN.  I believe they are even interviewing Jerruh and the little girl behind center.  

I am strangely optimistic.  I believe the Boys are overrated and may be looking past us…sort of.  I think Colt is far better than the Boys think he is and will have a very good game.  i'm gonna reverse my earlier prediction and go...

Skins 34

Boys 27

Big games for DJax, Hatcher, AlMo and Colt.   Let's do this!

I want so badly to believe this and get excited for this game tonite.......

This comes down to one thing.  D. Hall is out.  He's played Dez incredibly well virtually every time they've taken the field together.

Yes!  I can't believe that I didn't touch on this.  As soon as he went down I thought of that.  He's owned Bryant every time except for the Cover 0 debacle at our last Dallas MNF game.  Straight up is the top corner in the league when it comes to 88.

So no Hall cements this loss even more.

NOTE: Very happy if I turn out to be wrong.  I ****ing hate Dallas, but emotions and reality have nothing to do with each other.

Yes!  I can't believe that I didn't touch on this.  As soon as he went down I thought of that.  He's owned Bryant every time except for the Cover 0 debacle at our last Dallas MNF game.  Straight up is the top corner in the league when it comes to 88.

So no Hall cements this loss even more.

NOTE: Very happy if I turn out to be wrong.  I ****ing hate Dallas, but emotions and reality have nothing to do with each other.

Just a question for you, who do you think plays 88 tonite?  Amerson or Breeland?  

It does because they were wrong in that instance which was his point.  'Experts' are wrong all the time.  I feel like every primetime game you have these people saying something at the beginning of the game to only have halftime come around and they are in a bit of awe.  It's a weekly thing where:

Pregame:

'Oh, it should be a great battle between A & B'

or

'A is just going to be too much for B tonight'

Halftime:

'I'm not sure anyone saw this coming, such and such just didn't come out to play tonight'

When it's 50/50 with the latter quote, you lose your 'expert' status

Fine.

You guys got it

Have to say after watching Dez against the Giants, figured we were doomed without Hall.  Breeland plays physical if he matches up with him but both him and Amerson will be susceptible to veteran moves, not so much by Bryant but I think by Romo.  Why it is key we generate pressure but have a feeling we play D to take away the run.  Don't think we have allowed a 100 yard RB rusher this year.  Russell Wilson ran for over 100 but don't see Romo leaving the pocket.

I was there in 1991 when we beat Dallas 33-31 on Monday Night.

We are 4-18 in Dallas since then.

That is all.

I have been to 3 Dallas games at Dallas.  We have won 2 and lost one.  The win's were the Monday night miracle and the other was Thankgiving 2012.  This is Dallas vs. Washington.  Anything can happen.  You just have to believe it can!

Just a question for you, who do you think plays 88 tonite?  Amerson or Breeland?  

Amerson just because of the extra year of experience.  Breeland is physical, but he's still a rookie.  Whoever it is will be assigned a lot of help (whether or not that help gets there is, well, questionable).

Archived