Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bigger benching Cousins or Polumbus

Burgold

A lot of us are fixating on the QB change and that's fair, but possibly even bigger is that they sat Polumbus in favor of Compton. No injury just a desire for better play.

Overdue, but hopefully these field demotions are a beginning. Anyone notice when Tom came in or saw how well he did?

I was thrilled too, though I worry for Morgan Moses future if Tom Compton is a better option. I wasn't at today's game, but Compton seemed pretty tentative (getting pushed back, timing off on a few snaps etc...) but he has to be better than Polumbus. Plus, it shows the players that merit and performance do count.

However, it sounds like Polumbus was having knee issues, so this may not have been a true benching. If so, bummer.

Wouldn't worry about Moses career. Scouts had him being a little raw coming out of Virginia. If he does not crack the line-up next year, then you can worry.

What bothers me is that we bench our backup for a guy whom couldn't win a starting job with the Browns. THE BROWNS PEOPLE!!!!!!

Stuff like this justifies my position that Gruden is not the problem. I've seen enough Head Coaches here stick with unproductive starters for whatever reason. Gruden even said there way no way he'd bench Cousins, then swallowed his pride on that comment and did what was best for the football team. Team first, man, Jay is going to be fine.

To me, Cousins/Colt or Polumbus/Compton is like being down to your last 59 bucks and having to choose between motel 6 and super 8.... in the middle of the zombie apocalypse and as you know both these hotels have outside access room so you're screwed anyway.

Oh yeah, the Walking Dead starts in a couple hours :D

I think the reasons Compton and not Moses has stepped in at RT is because the two big knocks on Moses coming out of collage was strength and conditioning and also he can be indecisive and he is by far a better pass blocker than run blocker. Tom has been through a couple of seasons of NFL conditioning and should be ahead of most rookies in that aspect but I think we like most teams want the right hand side of the line to be the better run blocking side and the left hand side the better pass blocking side (in very rough terms)...

I have also read where Moses works best is with leverage on the edges where he can lock up defenders with his long arms and tends not to do well in close confines and while I am sure he can move inside i think that would not be the best position to play hi, i would rather give LeRib or Long a start at guard before Moses ...

Archived