Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I will agree that Luck is a much better QB than Wilson.  Wilson had his chance to prove everyone wrong today and he failed.  Luck clearly is the best QB in his draft as well.  Did you think Indy tanked their season to get the first pick for just anyone.

I agree.  I do not think Wilson is a bad QB at all, he is good, but damn, there are a lot of QB's that could be really good on that Seahawks team.  

IMO, most QB's are ridiculously overrated by the media anyway.  Football is not a 1 man sport.  

• 2 weeks later...

Easy Bubble, easy.

I don't always see eye to eye with Bubble but Luck is a legit monster. Yeah he throws his fair share of picks, but that's because he has to put the team on his back for them to have a chance to win. He has a crap running game, awful D, and mostly mediocre skill players around him. Luck should get serious MVP consideration if the Colts make the playoffs(which they should).

I just don't see any of the other young ish QBs in Luck's league. Nobody is even close really. RG3 maybe if we go back to full 2012 read option offense but even then, I think Luck is better. The other young QBs all have significant flaws in their game and aren't really elite talents.

Even after the 51 points that they just gave up, they're still in the middle of the pack defensively.

They get to play the worst offenses in the league (twice) and got the Bengals the week Green went down. Their defense still sucks. They did a good job vs Flacco though.

They get to play the worst offenses in the league (twice) and got the Bengals the week Green went down. Their defense still sucks. They did a good job vs Flacco though.

They held Denver to.......what, 24 points? Even without Green, pitching a shutout in today's NFL is a big deal. Their D has been up and down, but I wouldn't say that they suck.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-andrew-luck-eclipses-3000-yards-in-1st-9-games-to-join-elite-company/ar-BBcQRDf

Colts' Andrew Luck eclipses 3,000 yards in 1st 9 games to join elite company

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck joined some rare company with another fine passing performance Monday night against the New York Giants.

Andrew Luck joins Tom Brady, Drew Brees & Peyton Manning as only QBs in NFL history w/ 3,000 Pass yds in 1st 9 games. 

Luck eclipsed the 300-yard passing mark for the seventh consecutive game against the Giants.

He also became the second player in NFL history, after Peyton Manning, with at least 23 passing touchdowns in each of his first three seasons.

most skins fans wanted luck at the draft, but it was never possible.

luck is looking great, he is fun to watch, I guess it helps having him on my fantasy team.

he looks better than in previous seasons and it seems to have clicked for him. I think he'll set the record for passing yardage this year.

IMO, the 2012 QB Draft Class

1) Luck 

2) Wilson

3) Foles

4) Tanneheill or RGIII

5) RGIII or Tannehill

6) Kirk Grossman

7) Weeden

How can you rate Tannehill over RG3? It should be clear cut that RGIII is better than Tannehill, imo.  I'd say RGIII is better than Foles when healthy, but that can also be viewed as a knock.  Luck and Wilson, I have no problem with at 1 and 2.

• 4 weeks later...

His pocket presence especially for a young QB is amazing.

I will never apologize for being a part of the "Suck for Luck" gang.

How can you rate Tannehill over RG3? It should be clear cut that RGIII is better than Tannehill, imo.  I'd say RGIII is better than Foles when healthy, but that can also be viewed as a knock.  Luck and Wilson, I have no problem with at 1 and 2.

Umm yeah. No.

Umm yeah. No.

That was said <4 weeks ago.  Amazing what has transpired since then.

I actually watched a lot (by my standards) of NFL football this yesterday and was impressed as hell by some of the QB play. Specifically  Brady, Rodgers, Rivers and Luck.  Some of the throws they made were incredible. 

Archived