Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I've only seen Colts fans claim this, which says a great deal to me.

Why deny it? They sucked for Luck and now they only suck against the Patriots. It was a smart move.

I don't even know why they argue it? It's not like admitting it will take Andrew Luck away. It was the most obvious tank job that I've personally ever witnessed. The only one that was more obvious might've been the celtics tanking for Tim Duncan...

although Robert was the better QB in 2012.

No, no way. Luck should have been the Rookie of the Year, not Griffin.  Luck was on a 2-14 team. No one predicted that the Colts would make the playoffs, but they did.  Everyone who was anyone predicted that Griffin would do better because he was on a better team in a better situation.  Griffin did not have to carry the Redskins.  The R/O changes the game.  Teams have to crash in to stop the run and people end up wide open downfield (see Seattle).  Even in the Seattle game, they are down 2 scores and they are not throwing downfield, they are running the ball and running the R/O which resulted in huge gains.

No, no way. Luck should have been the Rookie of the Year, not Griffin.  Luck was on a 2-14 team. No one predicted that the Colts would make the playoffs, but they did.  Everyone who was anyone predicted that Griffin would do better because he was on a better team in a better situation.  Griffin did not have to carry the Redskins.  The R/O changes the game.  Teams have to crash in to stop the run and people end up wide open downfield (see Seattle).  Even in the Seattle game, they are down 2 scores and they are not throwing downfield, they are running the ball and running the R/O which resulted in huge gains.

What?  He threw 23 TDs with 18 INT's.  The Colts were 2-14 because they blew the season on purpose to get Luck.  If they had any sense of urgency to win, they wouldn't of been starting Curtis Painter every single game.  We were that much of a better team coming off a 3 win season?  Come on man that is just crazy talk.  RG3 deserved rookie of the year fair and square.  He was the reason this team went 10-6 RO or not.  I don't drink the RG3 coolaid at all, but he deserved ROTY no doubt about it.

They didn't/don't have to throw it downfield because they know their defense will get 3 and outs.  There are only 2-3 defenses in the league that can do that on a consistent basis.  Their D only gave up 22 points in the game, despite their offense/ST giving the ball away 5 times to one of the most prolific offenses in the league. 

No, no way. Luck should have been the Rookie of the Year, not Griffin. Luck was on a 2-14 team. No one predicted that the Colts would make the playoffs, but they did. Everyone who was anyone predicted that Griffin would do better because he was on a better team in a better situation. Griffin did not have to carry the Redskins. The R/O changes the game. Teams have to crash in to stop the run and people end up wide open downfield (see Seattle). Even in the Seattle game, they are down 2 scores and they are not throwing downfield, they are running the ball and running the R/O which resulted in huge gains.

RGIII had the greatest rookie season of all time. Not to mention even Russell Wilson had a better rookie season than Luck. He didn't even deserve to come in second in the voting.

RGIII had the greatest rookie season of all time. Not to mention even Russell Wilson had a better rookie season than Luck. He didn't even deserve to come in second in the voting.

Don't agree at all.  I've heard many ESPN/Fox/National media say the same (that Luck should have been RoY). 

Just looked up "Greatest Rookie QB seasons on Google" and RG3 is on none of the lists (neither is Luck or Wilson).  Most list Marino or Cam Newton.  Marino only started 9 games but was a beast.  

They didn't/don't have to throw it downfield because they know their defense will get 3 and outs.  There are only 2-3 defenses in the league that can do that on a consistent basis.  Their D only gave up 22 points in the game, despite their offense/ST giving the ball away 5 times to one of the most prolific offenses in the league. 

But again, when the seahawks are down, they don't throw the ball like most teams to come back (as seen in the GB game), they run the R/O with Lynch and Wilson primarily running.  Wilson is not a pure passer, if he didn't have the option to run, I'm not sure he'd be that effective.  Can't prove it, but in the beginning of the GB game, he was trying to pass more and it didn't work out well.

I like Luck but RG3 was absolutely incredible his rookie year. He wasn't just the best rookie, Jimmie Johnson said he was a legit MVP candidate. Obviously his career has gone into the pooper since then but when it comes to rookie years, RG3 has Luck and just about every QB ever beat.

What?  He threw 23 TDs with 18 INT's.  The Colts were 2-14 because they blew the season on purpose to get Luck.  If they had any sense of urgency to win, they wouldn't of been starting Curtis Painter every single game.  We were that much of a better team coming off a 3 win season?  Come on man that is just crazy talk.  RG3 deserved rookie of the year fair and square.  He was the reason this team went 10-6 RO or not.  I don't drink the RG3 coolaid at all, but he deserved ROTY no doubt about it.

They didn't start Painter every game.  They benched him for 3rd stringer Orlovsky week 13, who actually got the two wins for them that season.  They did try to win games, after Collins got injured, Painter got his chance, then was benched for Orlovsky.  

What would you exactly have them do differently?  I don't think they tanked on purpose, to pull something like that off would require too many people to be on board, including players, too many ways to be exposed (i.e. whistle blowers, media leaks, etc.), not to mention all those guys and coaches jobs are on the line, nobody is safe (we saw that when they let Manning go).

I'm not arguing that RGIII didn't deserve ROY over Luck.  But I do think our team was in a better position than the Colts.  Colts had zero running game and a horrible defense.  On paper that year, our defense was vastly improved, but we got the injury bug early on.  If you recall, once the defense got it together, we started winning games as it took off a lot of pressure off RGIII.  

Not taking away from that miracle 7 game winning streak to take the division.  But I'd give the Colts, as a team, a slight edge of being a worse overall team that year than we were.  Both QBs (Luck and RGIII) played incredible, RGIII had better stats and won ROY rightfully so.

• 7 months later...

Andrew Luck going back to last years AFC Championship game has been awful... (i dont know the numbers, but they cant be pretty)

it cant be his offensive coordinator thats the problem, thats his boy from Stanford

I know Russell Wilson is not elite, but damn it he plays in a tougher division, and turns the ball over way less, with more comeback victories and higher passer rating in both in the postseason and regular season

This thread might be one of the worst on ES, and that's saying something. Dude isn't a top 10 qb in the league, let alone top 5 (or best for that matter). His stats are overinflated by playing in the weakest division in football. He certainly has the size and tools to be one of the better qbs, but, like our own Rg3=greatest threads, this one was a Biiiiiiitttttt immature haha

This thread might be one of the worst on ES, and that's saying something. Dude isn't a top 10 qb in the league, let alone top 5 (or best for that matter). His stats are overinflated by playing in the weakest division in football. He certainly has the size and tools to be one of the better qbs, but, like our own Rg3=greatest threads, this one was a Biiiiiiitttttt immature haha

If you were building a team for one year, what other 10 QBs would you take ahead of him to play on THAT team?

Archived