Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

1-2 is 1-2, .

He lost by 7 on the road to the best AFC team and by 3 (thanks to Pep) to the second best team in the NFC lol

Care to wager he won't win double digit games and his third straight division title? Of course you don't.

Btw, how did your boy Wall do in the Basketball World Cup? I didn't watch much of it, but I saw Irving won the tournament MVP.

*snicker*

I hate that many Redskins fans feel this need to hate Luck because we drafted Griffin, or because the media is all over him, or he's already been annointed, or whatever. It makes a ton of our posters look either bitter or ignorant.

Luck is well on his way to being a great QB, and is already a great young QB.

Well said, brother.

He lost by 7 on the road to the best AFC team and by 3 (thanks to Pep) to the second best team in the NFC lol

Care to wager he won't win double digit games and his third straight division title? Of course you don't.

Btw, how did your boy Wall do in the Basketball World Cup? I didn't watch much of it, but I saw Irving won the tournament MVP.

*snicker*

Don't get so defensive lol I like how when he lost the first two weeks, you like to point out how great those teams were which caused him to have mediocre stats. But when he has a great game, you fail to mention that it was against a terrible team? Luck is a good QB, but you seriously cant actually think his first two games were really that good.

Btw, how did your boy and world cup MVP Irving do in the playoffs last season?

*Crickets*

I hate to say I told ya so..

(whistling)

Titans.

I think luck is a really good QB.

However his team lost to the 2 good teams they played, broncos and Philly, and beat the JV of Jax and Tennessee so far.

I'd wait until after the ravens game, and if he plays well, then start getting puffy.

Though, honestly, no idea who you're trying to convince.

Titans.

I think luck is a really good QB.

However his team lost to the 2 good teams they played, broncos and Philly, and beat the JV of Jax and Tennessee so far.

I'd wait until after the ravens game, and if he plays well, then start getting puffy.

Though, honestly, no idea who you're trying to convince.

As I said a few posts ago, can we stop pretending Luck only wins because he plays in a weak division?

The man beat SF Den KC, and the SB champion Seahawks last year. He lost by 7 on the road this year to Denver and only lost to Philly because of the ineptness of Pep Hamilton, who got the bright idea to pass the ball, instead of settling for a FG that would have sealed the game. And don't say Luck choked, when it was very clear that Hilton was mugged on the play.

Wake up, guys.

As I said a few posts ago, can we stop pretending Luck only wins because he plays in a weak division?

The man beat SF Den KC, and the SB champion Seahawks last year. He lost by 7 on the road this year to Denver and only lost to Philly because of the ineptness of Pep Hamilton, who got the bright idea to pass the ball, instead of settling for a FG that would have sealed the game. And don't say Luck choked, when it was very clear that Hilton was mugged on the play.

Wake up, guys.

I'm just saying, this year has not been that impressive for him except for against 2 bad teams.

Let's see what he does against good teams this year.

Last year is done. Guys can have great years, good years and off years. I'm just saying to see how well he is doing this year, he's got to beat some good teams.

Why can't we all just enjoy watching greatness unfold before us, as fans of football? It's not even like he's a turd. He's a stand up guy who stays out of the media spotlight. Whats not to like?

We might as well get used to it. The second Manning and Brees retire, Luck will be the modern NFL's gold standard at QB. Maybe even earlier.

What do you mean he hasn't been that impressive? He's arguably been the top QB in the entire league so far.

If you asked that question after week 2, he wouldn't be the top. After week 4, he might be after beating up on 2 scrub teams.

I like the guy as a QB. If we had the #1 pick, I would have wants to pick him and been thrilled.

Just notice that in primetime games where Luck is playing, they never replay his bad throws. Can't have the next Peyton ever looking bad now can we?

You're seeing what you want to see, there. They replay plenty of his bad throws. Same with Peyton, Brees, and Brady.

Luck is playing the best ball of his career and is putting up huge numbers (TDs) and he has yet to sustain an injury.

Russell is also playing his best football and continues to put up good numbers.

Good article on Luck/Wilson: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/08/analysis-notebook-week-5-4/

So where does all this leave us? Before this season I would have said that Russell Wilson was the clear leader in the rivalry. Sure, Luck has thrown for more yards, but Wilson was in my eyes actually performing better as a quarterback. He was making fewer mistakes, executing his offense more consistently all throughout the game, and of course he had earned his ring by leading the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. Now the last part he did only as one part of the Seattle juggernaut, but still, we all know that rings matter a little, even to the most logical of us when it comes to these debates.

This season though the two have reversed fortunes. Luck has ironed out much of the poor play that often hurt his grade while Wilson has actually dialled back the impressive plays and become more of the game manager that people have often (incorrectly) accused him of being in the past. Right now Luck is significantly out grading Wilson right at the time people are finally starting to tell you how good the Seahawks passer is.

My man Tannehill is still playing some good ball, but his team limits his numbers.

Just notice that in primetime games where Luck is playing, they never replay his bad throws. Can't have the next Peyton ever looking bad now can we?

Does that really happen to other great QBs? 

Luck has earned the privilege to not have a bad throws be replayed over and over again.

Russel Wilson was the best QB out of the 2012 draft. Luck can't hold a candle to him.

Now that's a bit much.  Luck doesn't have the #1 defense, nor an anchor like Lynch.  His ability to make plays outside of the pocket and avoiding the pass rush is pretty nice though.  I would have taken this seriously if you said it's a close battle.  But saying Luck doesn't hold a candle to Wilson is pretty ridic.

Russel Wilson was the best QB out of the 2012 draft. Luck can't hold a candle to him.

LOL... that's just dumb.  

As posted above, Wilson has the number 1 defense and a tremendous running game.  Put Luck on the Seahawks and Wilson on the Colts.  No comparison.

Archived