Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I guess I should just get used to the comparisons as long as both Griffin and Luck are in the league. To me, I want Luck to play well because I think he's a very promising young QB. I don't want him to fail just so I feel better about our guy. We couldn't draft Luck, it's not like passed on him for Griffin...that might be a situation where I would find myself hoping for validation.

Given that these guys play in different conferences, I'm hoping they both become great QBs.

I know right. I was treated like a leper after saying we should lose out after the rams game

Worse that that, you may get banned for it. Some did last year. And context matters. My suggestion: unless you like leading with your chin, don't post your wanting the Redskins to lose a game on this site, especially during a game, or appearing to be "rooting" for that, no matter what your reason is for doing so.

Anyone feeling the need to make the typical knee-jerk reply of "what about free speech" or "we're being oppressed", or feels the need to "explain why" (really stupid---like there's anyone who doesn't "get" the lose-out view), would be best served to shelve all that, also, in any reply to this post.

Replies aren't really needed--this is a friendly heads up, not an invite for an OT discussion. 

Lmao! Man, you guys are on fire tonight. I guess a 3-13 season brings out the worst in us  :)  kool_105-albums-animated-gif-s-picture95

I don't know how anyone who is not a Redskins fan could read this site this last year (and these last few months in particular) and not think we're mainly the typical bunch of clueless football-stupid igwads on an internet message board. The breadth and depth of it has been stand-out notable, even to many of the most veteran of ES'ers, and even after all the prior years of suck and heart-shriveling angst.

It (the board white-noise level) will "get better" down the road. It always does. Then it gets worse again. Then better. Stability? This is a Redskins (extreme) fan zone. Stability need not apply.  :lol:

You know I don't really like Andrew Luck but I do respect him. Once HUGE difference between him and RG3, this is what Luck said after throwing 4 picks last night ""I can't commit that many turnovers and have a chance to win against a good team like this," Luck said after dropping the divisional-round playoff game"

Never even once do I remember RG3 saying "i played bad and i need to play better for us to win"

You know I don't really like Andrew Luck but I do respect him. Once HUGE difference between him and RG3, this is what Luck said after throwing 4 picks last night ""I can't commit that many turnovers and have a chance to win against a good team like this," Luck said after dropping the divisional-round playoff game"

Never even once do I remember RG3 saying "i played bad and i need to play better for us to win"

lol Luck plays bad all the time, the problem is... the media always covers his behind and protects him

Never even once do I remember RG3 throwing 4 interceptions in a game, let alone doing so in a playoff game while ALSO completing less than 50% of his passes. As a matter of fact, Griffin has only had 2 multiple interception games in his career thus far, never more than 2 picks in a game.

Luck has *6* games where he has thrown *3+* picks! Has thrown more picks than touchdowns in 2 of his 3 playoff games, with the only game he didn't being a game where he threw 4 td's compared to 3 picks. A career playoff QB rating of 70 (including a 31.2 rating against Baltimore and 25 rating against the Pats) and completion percentage of 55. Griffin managed a 77 QB rating, 2 TD's to 1 interception against a great Seattle defense and playing on one leg.

What does any of that have to do with RG3 taking ownership of his mistakes? lol If you look at some of my posts in the past youll see I really don't like Luck and I made a thread in here talking about how overrated he was. I think RG3 is going to be a great QB but the real winners always say I need to play better. Listen to Tom Brady sometime, he gives all the credit to his team and takes all the blame most of the time. 

What does any of that have to do with RG3 taking ownership of his mistakes? lol If you look at some of my posts in the past youll see I really don't like Luck and I made a thread in here talking about how overrated he was. I think RG3 is going to be a great QB but the real winners always say I need to play better. Listen to Tom Brady sometime, he gives all the credit to his team and takes all the blame most of the time. 

Firstly, it has to with it because RG3 has less mistakes to take ownership for. RG3 has played few games, if any, where his play was THE reason why the team lost. Even if the Colts defense had played at the Seahawks level last night, they had no chance of winning with the way Luck played.

Secondly, I've never bought this "RG doesn't take ownership of his mistakes" bullcrap. I remember countless times RG3 taking ownership of his mistakes. I distinctly remember after the opening game against Philadelphia turning to my girlfriend during the post-game conference and saying that was one thing I admired about him. His selflessness and accountability for his play was evident. He refused to use his injury as an excuse and I love that no excuses mentality.

Some of these guys will never give Luck any credit. I can't even take some of these people seriously.

"All he does is win!"

Yeah and throw picks. Not surprised the fanboys haven't posted since the loss.

You do realize the Colts had the fewest turnovers this year, right?

Luck will be fine.

Some of these guys will never give Luck any credit. I can't even take some of these people seriously.

Luck will be fine.

My question is: why are you so invested in a non-Skins football player to the point where you started a thread on it?  And why do the objects of your criticism seem to share certain common traits?

Luck will be fine.

Yes I do realize that. Did I state otherwise? Nope.

9 ints in the regular season is really good. But then throws 7 in two games in the playoffs. He made some incredible plays, but made more incredibly bad plays last night.

My question is: why are you so invested in a non-Skins football player to the point where you started a thread on it?  And why do the objects of your criticism seem to share certain common traits?

QFT

Luck will be fine.

Luck is a good QB and he will probably be great one day. I'm pretty sure you commented on my Luck is overrated threads at some point. I may be a huge Redskins fan but I give credit where credit is due. I thought the Colts would collapse with a tougher schedule this year and I was wrong. Luck had a pretty damn good season with 23 TD 9 INT and led his team to a playoff win and an 11-5 record. Some people see the words "Luck" and just post foaming at the mouth at how bad he is.  RG3 does need to do a better job of taking ownership of mistakes. The real winner do it and I'm not the only one saying it. Santana Moss said it too. I believe an nfl player said something like "When you win say its about the team. when you lose take the blame even if its not your fault"

I think its the neck beard... Damn thing can put you in a trance if you stare at it long enough

"All he does is win!"

Yeah and throw picks. Not surprised the fanboys haven't posted since the loss.

I posted all through the playoff thread. I ain't hiding from anybody. I love reading the comments - I find them hilarious. Especially the "he ain't Peyton Manning" ones. I watched every throw Peyton made in the NFL until last year. I've said it many times - Peyton wasn't "Peyton Manning" in his second year either. I can remember all the people saying how the colts made a mistake after he through a **** load of picks his first year and how they should have drafted Ryan Leaf. Let's just say I'm experiencing déjà vu all over again.

It amazes me how people don't see or understand the differences between what these QBs are asked to do. Much like with Peyton, Luck is being asked to go win games - not just not lose them. The Colts D is mediocre, OLine is bad, run game is bad, and the 2nd year, third round pick TY Hilton is Lucks experienced guy. His other receivers are Brazil, Whalen, and Rodgers. His TEs are Fleener and Doyle. Basically all 1st or 2nd year players. I know what the Colts have and I only feel the need to respond to the most idiotic of the hate. I can sense how badly some want to believe Luck will bust or that he isn't being asked to do more. It's fine with me. I just smile, remember the criticism of Manning early (who actually had an OLine and a running back that led the league twice in rushing is 2nd and 3rd year), and know the Colts will be competitive for the next 10 years because of their QB.

I will ask one thing - go see how long it took Peyton f'n Manning to win a playoff game.

I posted all through the playoff thread. I ain't hiding from anybody. I love reading the comments - I find them hilarious. Especially the "he ain't Peyton Manning" ones. I watched every throw Peyton made in the NFL until last year. I've said it many times - Peyton wasn't "Peyton Manning" in his second year either. I can remember all the people saying how the colts made a mistake after he through a **** load of picks his first year and how they should have drafted Ryan Leaf. Let's just say I'm experiencing déjà vu all over again.

It amazes me how people don't see or understand the differences between what these QBs are asked to do. Much like with Peyton, Luck is being asked to go win games - not just not lose them. The Colts D is mediocre, OLine is bad, run game is bad, and the 2nd year, third round pick TY Hilton is Lucks experienced guy. His other receivers are Brazil, Whalen, and Rodgers. His TEs are Fleener and Doyle. Basically all 1st or 2nd year players. I know what the Colts have and I only feel the need to respond to the most idiotic of the hate. I can sense how badly some want to believe Luck will bust or that he isn't being asked to do more. It's fine with me. I just smile, remember the criticism of Manning early (who actually had an OLine and a running back that led the league twice in rushing is 2nd and 3rd year), and know the Colts will be competitive for the next 10 years because of their QB.

I will ask one thing - go see how long it took Peyton f'n Manning to win a playoff game.

I have a question (and don't take it the wrong way because I don't have a dog in the "Luck vs THE HATERS" fight), but why do you care so much about what we think? Why? You are a Colts fan on a depressed and bipolar Redskins board, outside of your own conference. You have a very good QB, you have a very good team thats made the playoffs two years in a row while we're still looking for the number of that bus that just hit us in the year that was 2013, from beginning to end.

If I were you, I really wouldnt give damn. You've gone from franchise QB to franchise QB. Not many teams are "Lucky" like that. We hope that we have one, that would be our first since Mark ****ing Rypien.

You've already "won." What more do you want?

Archived