Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

The book on Luck is far from complete.  As a young kid he's playing very well at times.  Openly gushing like he is elite or talking about clutch factor and comeback wins for Luck demonstrates a shallow understanding of the game.  Luck puts his team in these disadvantaged situations by turning the ball over at critical junctions in the game.  He did it as a rookie, has tapered that off in his sophmore year, but it was present again in the playoff game.  As it stands right now, the title of Luck's book should be "The Arson and the Fire Fighter."  You are crediting the kid for the number of fires he's putting out, but you are ignoring the gas can in the fire truck.

The book on Luck is far from complete.  As a young kid he's playing very well at times.  Openly gushing like he is elite or talking about clutch factor and comeback wins for Luck demonstrates a shallow understanding of the game.  Luck puts his team in these disadvantaged situations by turning the ball over at critical junctions in the game.  He did it as a rookie, has tapered that off in his sophmore year, but it was present again in the playoff game.  As it stands right now, the title of Luck's book should be "The Arson and the Fire Fighter."  You are crediting the kid for the number of fires he's putting out, but you are ignoring the gas can in the fire truck.

That's a good analysis.  That's kinda how I saw it too.  The legend of Tim Tebow was created doing that very thing, only to a more extreme degree.  

The thing I'll give him credit for is with no Reggie Wayne, so he's got less to work with at the skill positions than just about every QB in the league.  TY Hilton and really nobody else of consequence.  

You do recognize the Colts were down 21 before Luck through a pick right? That TRich had turned the ball over deep in Colts territory before Luck made a mistake? And that KC wasn't forced to punt by the Indy D until midway through the first qtr? The Indy O had scored 10 points in the half, not great, but certainly not awful considering the always had long fields with no stops from the D. How you interpret that as Luck putting them in a hole is beyond me. Either you didn't watch the game or you are hating. Lucks mistakes nearly cost them a chance at a comeback, but he is far from the reason they needed one.

I RARELY agree with Bayless, but he hits on all the right points here, albeit a little extreme. Refers to Luck as a "pro bowl game manager". That's a bit much. But still, good points here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10271712/skip-bayless-andew-luck

skip bayless is telling the truth, in Luck's rookie year... the Colts allowed Luck to throw the ball everywhere and they found out that he was turnover prone... This year they have dialed up a lot of safe plays for him, thus less turnovers... his stats show that im right

skip bayless is telling the truth, in Luck's rookie year... the Colts allowed Luck to throw the ball everywhere and they found out that he was turnover prone... This year they have dialed up a lot of safe plays for him, thus less turnovers... his stats show that im right

Skip Bayless is an idiot. MOST QBs turn the ball over their rookie seasons. Look up Peyton Manning's turnovers his rookie season. How many QBs have won 11 games their first two seasons. The Luck haters are comical.

Skip Bayless is an idiot. MOST QBs turn the ball over their rookie seasons. Look up Peyton Manning's turnovers his rookie season. How many QBs have won 11 games their first two seasons. The Luck haters are comical.

but he's not Peyton Manning at all... he is built like Cam Newton and runs a way better .40 time... Luck lovers need to see that a rookie Peyton in the current pass happy NFL would never have a career 56% completion percentage, a quarterback rating under 82, and a yards per attempt of 6.72... Luck is also a better rusher than Peyton can ever dream off... so yes Skip is right, Andrew Luck is overrated if you are comparing him to Peyton Manning... they play nothing alike.... the qb of FSU is more of a Peyton Manning than Luck is

but he's not Peyton Manning at all... he is built like Cam Newton and runs a way better .40 time... Luck lovers need to see that a rookie Peyton in the current pass happy NFL would never have a career 56% completion percentage, a quarterback rating under 82, and a yards per attempt of 6.72... Luck is also a better rusher than Peyton can ever dream off... so yes Skip is right, Andrew Luck is overrated if you are comparing him to Peyton Manning... they play nothing alike.... the qb of FSU is more of a Peyton Manning than Luck is

I wasn't comparing him to Peyton, dude. Just pointing out an obvious flaw (besides hatred) in your argument. I was specifically responding to the turnover comment.

I wasn't comparing him to Peyton, dude. Just pointing out an obvious flaw (besides hatred) in your argument. I was specifically responding to the turnover comment.

that was Skip Bayless's point, he said people who are comparing Luck to Peyton are overrating him, and instead used Eli... even then i dont like that comparison because Luck is so much more athletic and stronger with a weaker arm.... Luck is closer to a young McNabb/McNair than he is too Peyton manning, or Eli...., its not a crime to compare a young white qb to a black qb... just like its not a crime to say that Johnny Manziel is closer to Vick than he is too Drew Brees

The Colts tanked their season to get this guy.  For some reason that still upsets me.  I need to just let it go, but it just plain is not fair.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often, honestly

Meanwhile, Redskins fans cheering for a pointless win over Seattle that year

The Colts tanked their season to get this guy.  For some reason that still upsets me.  I need to just let it go, but it just plain is not fair.

I don't know if they tanked or not but I sure as hell wish we did so we wouldn't have had to deal draft choices.

It still pisses me off that they get to go from Manning to Luck. On the bright side, I got to pick up where I left off hating them.

Skins would have been so much better off leaving Beck as the starter in 2011.

It still pisses me off that they get to go from Manning to Luck. On the bright side, I got to pick up where I left off hating them.

Skins would have been so much better off leaving Beck as the starter in 2011.

disrespectful to put Luck is same breath as Peyton... smh

Luck is playing in a "dead" division, in a dome and barely completes 60% of his passes... he is overrated

Archived