Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

Abbreviated the above post. Don't know why I am so caught up in this, but I said during that season, they were tanking it. I guess I am because Luck is going to be a good QB in this league and lead the Colts to the playoffs every year just like the guy he replaced.

To continue, they made the playoffs a whole bunch of seasons in a row before the one they tanked and have made it to the playoffs the last two seasons. Just that is evidence enough to point out that they clearly were not the worst team in the league. Name a team in league history that did that? I am not even going to bother to research as I am that confident there is not one that fits the set of circumstances of the Colts.

They weren't tanking. Go back a few pages through the thread. A guy explained it pretty well.

Funny to me that some fans actually think that Russell Wilson and Colin Kapernick are better QB's then Andrew Luck just because Luck isn't playing next weekend. Are people really that stupid or do I just not sense the sarcasm?

Crazy, I know. And, believe it or not, there's one poster that actually thinks RYAN TANNEHILL is as good as Andrew Luck (I kid you not) lol.

Luck is going to be a hell of a QB. Right now he throws a ton of picks, part of it is because of his style of play(aggressive, throwing with anticipation)and part of it is his WRs aren't great and he has NO running game and a bad OL. Like most teams reliant on a franchise QB, the Colts would be lucky to win 3 games without Luck.

He doesn't have the supporting cast Wilson, Kaepernick, or Newton have. Hell I'd argue RG3 has a better supporting cast(Morris > bust Richardson, OL is probably better with a Pro Bowl LT, Garcon is equal to Wayne though Hilton is better than any of our 2-3s).

Re: supporting casts

Not even close. Donald Brown averages over 5 yards per carry and is a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield. He reminds me of Larry Centers, but more athletic and faster. The Colts also drafted Luck's college TE Coby Fleener. Funny how the media didn't tear Luck apart about that pick.

When I talk about supporting casts I also bring in the defense and special teams. And do we really wanna go there and compare the Skins D and Special teams with Colts, 9ers, and Hawks?

If you wanna talk about supporting casts, I'll go ahead and rank em

1) Seahawks

2) 49ers

3) Colts

4) Panthers)

-1000000) Redskins

I may have been the only one who wasn't :)

Remember this thread?

http://es.redskins.com/topic/344825-the-win-today-delayed-true-rebuilding-by-5-years/

The truth gets you in trouble sometimes I suppose. I'm sorry I'd rather have 3 damn first round picks instead of a meaningless late season win.The Colts tanked for Luck after have a HoFer for a decade and we couldnt even lose meaningless games.

Funny to me that some fans actually think that Russell Wilson and Colin Kapernick are better QB's then Andrew Luck just because Luck isn't playing next weekend. Are people really that stupid or do I just not sense the sarcasm?

What argument is there really that Luck is better than Wilson? Go ahead, I'd love to hear it....

They weren't tanking. Go back a few pages through the thread. A guy explained it pretty well.

I read it, poster tried to claim that as a skins fan we should understand.  I don't remember winning 10 games a year, every year and winning a SB during the last 10 years or so.  And, he kind of makes the arguement that upper managerment just plain sucked, made poor decisions and could have been bad enough to do it.  But, just my fan opinion.

I read it, poster tried to claim that as a skins fan we should understand. I don't remember winning 10 games a year, every year and winning a SB during the last 10 years or so. And, he kind of makes the arguement that upper managerment just plain sucked, made poor decisions and could have been bad enough to do it. But, just my fan opinion.

They were winning games at the end of the season. That isn't a team that is tanking. Just seems like a team that slowly improved as the year wore on, to the point that it nearly cost them the #1 pick.

Like he said, that team was built around one guy.

They were winning games at the end of the season. That isn't a team that is tanking. Just seems like a team that slowly improved as the year wore on, to the point that it nearly cost them the #1 pick.

Like he said, that team was built around one guy.

WTF? They went 2-14 dude, how is that "winning games" and improving.  They won only when it became clear that they were in pole position for #1 and then lost that last game.  Even who they had as QB showed how unserious they were about winning.  And interestingly, the Rams also went 2-14 (Vikes went 3-13) and wow, the Colts managed to lose that last game (if they hadn't they would have given up the #1 to the Rams.)

WTF? They went 2-14 dude, how is that "winning games" and improving. They won only when it became clear that they were in pole position for #1 and then lost that last game. Even who they had as QB showed how unserious they were about winning. And interestingly, the Rams also went 2-14 (Vikes went 3-13) and wow, the Colts managed to lose that last game (if they hadn't they would have given up the #1 to the Rams.)

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Reggie Wayne followed the script Thursday night.

And just like his previous 11 seasons in Indianapolis, he had it down.

Wayne made one of his trademark moves to outmaneuver a Houston defensive back with 19 seconds left, freeing himself for a 1-yard touchdown catch that gave the Colts a stunning 19-16 victory over AFC South champion Houston. The five-time Pro Bowler celebrated by flinging his hands into the air, pointing toward the fans he loves and hugging his teammates before heading to the Colts' locker room for possibly the final time.

"I said if this is going to be the last game, I want to go out with a bang. It was great," Wayne said. "It was a great feeling to go out. Hopefully, I'll be back but you never know."

Wayne, whose contract is up after the season, certainly made a strong case to return with the Colts in 2012.

The five-time Pro Bowler finished with eight catches for 106 yards, the biggest, of course, giving Indianapolis (2-13) a second win in five days. It was Wayne's third 100-yard game of the season and put the Colts' No. 2 all-time receiver in position to match another franchise record with eight straight 1,000-yard seasons.

Indy's suddenly strong finish could jeopardize the Colts' stronghold on the No. 1 overall draft pick, having tied the league's other two-win teams -- St. Louis and Minnesota.

But Wayne and his teammates could care less about that chase. They wanted a win, and some of them wanted to win for teammates such as Wayne, Robert Mathis and Jeff Saturday, who were cornerstones of one of the league's model franchises. All of them have expiring contracts."

Really sounds like a team that was tanking. Yep.

/sarcasm

I do agree in that it annoys me to no end that the Colts get Luck. I mean they get 10+ years of Manning, suffer ONE year of bad QBing, and immediately get basically the next Manning(more or less). Meanwhile we had to suffer for 20+ years before we got our franchise QB and he ends up being injury prone and raw as hell as a passer.

On top of all that, Indianapolis is a basketball town, not football. They won't even truly revere him the way a town like Cleveland, Chicago, or Washington would.

It also helps that he plays in one of the worst divisions in football with the titans, jags and texans to feast on.

This is the truth about luck and his fans

Colts win - Luck is great...the next peyton manning

Colts lose - Luck has a bad OL, their defense is horrible, he has no weapons...without considering that most of his comebacks dating from last season were because of his ints...but they tend to ignore that.

That is both hilarious, and true.  

In his first two seasons Peyton had 52 TD's and 41 INT's, RW also has 52 TD's (weird) but only 19 INT's.

Now add...

PM

completion %....56.7 and 62.1

RW..64.1 and 63.1

QB rating

PM...71.2 and 90.7

RW...100.0 and 101.2.....the only QB in history to score 100.0 or better his first two seasons.

Now you can take any other QB's first two seasons and stack them up vs RW and he's coming out on top. Prove me wrong, it can't be done.

----------------

i could do the same for Cam.....

Wilson, Cam, and RG3 are better pure talents than Luck....

In his first two seasons Peyton had 52 TD's and 41 INT's, RW also has 52 TD's (weird) but only 19 INT's.[/size]Now add...[/size]PM[/size]completion %....56.7 and 62.1[/size]RW..64.1 and 63.1[/size]QB rating[/size]PM...71.2 and 90.7[/size]RW...100.0 and 101.2.....the only QB in history to score 100.0 or better his first two seasons.[/size]Now you can take any other QB's first two seasons and stack them up vs RW and he's coming out on top. Prove me wrong, it can't be done.[/size]

----------------[/size]

i could do the same for Cam.....[/size]

Wilson, Cam, and RG3 are better pure talents than Luck....[/size]

Excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

BS, please don't ever use the WFNZ homers for a source. You and I know they flop more than a dying fish on a dock. Marc didn't want them to draft Cam, then was his biggest fan his rookie year, wanted him shipped out last year and is his best friend this year. I stopped listening to that show about 4 months ago. In fact, I've given up on listening to any sports talk. I just listen to music now and my anger levels have gone WAY down.

BS, please don't ever use the WFNZ homers for a source. You and I know they flop more than a dying fish on a dock. Marc didn't want them to draft Cam, then was his biggest fan his rookie year, wanted him shipped out last year and is his best friend this year. I stopped listening to that show about 4 months ago. In fact, I've given up on listening to any sports talk. I just listen to music now and my anger levels have gone WAY down.

pj-- All that is true about Marc James, but there is a reason why he he changed his tune on Cam. When Taylor was there, Marc could be the 'bad guy' and diss Cam all he wanted. He probably did it on purpose, to make a name for himself. Now that he is the only host, he can't continue to diss on Cam/the Panthers, because he would lose all his listeners. Its pretty obvious that's what is going on. Now he even acts like a Panther fan, saying who "we" need to draft, etc.

He is somewhat knowledgeable, but he's a sellout. There's no way in hell I could ever go on radio and pretend to like Cam or the Panthers lol. I don't care how much money they pay me. Ain't happening!

I wonder how much Racism factors into these kind of discussions.

a lot of Luck fans hate the fact that Griffin won rookie of the year over him, and a lot of their hate againist griff does come down to race at times... and from the media as well... 

the media believes that by saying Luck is the next Michael Jordan and saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that we are supposed to believe it.. i believe Andrew Luck will be going through his 3rd OC in 3 years.... Rob Chudzinski was just hired by the Colts.... Chud was responsible for Cam putting up record breaking numbers his first 2 years.... the NFL told the Browns to hire Chud and get him away from Cam.... The NFL wanted Chud with Luck, pep hamilton will be fired i believe 

a lot of Luck fans hate the fact that Griffin won rookie of the year over him, and a lot of their hate againist griff does come down to race at times... and from the media as well...

the media believes that by saying Luck is the next Michael Jordan and saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that we are supposed to believe it.. i believe Andrew Luck will be going through his 3rd OC in 3 years.... Rob Chudzinski was just hired by the Colts.... Chud was responsible for Cam putting up record breaking numbers his first 2 years.... the NFL told the Browns to hire Chud and get him away from Cam.... The NFL wanted Chud with Luck, pep hamilton will be fired i believe

This post is the early leader for dumbest post of the year.

First off, could you point me to the Luck fans that "hate" Griffin? Nearly every person who has posted in this thread are Redskins fans, save for the one Colts fan.

And you DO realize that Chud has a bad reputation with teams/players? He left Carolina for Cleveland to be a head coach. But there were reports of him having rubbed players and coaches in Carolina the wrong way. Him lasting only a year with the Browns sort of lends credence to those reports, as he was fired after only one season. Which is almost unheard of.

Him landing in Indy is a surprise, but not THAT much of one when you consider Pep Hamilton is a hot commodity to be a head coach in college.

Your conspiracy theory is absurd. And it's comical that you denounce racism, then turn around and make a racist post yourself.

Edit: and I notice you have made 3 posts. Awfully funny how guys with similar posting styles were recently banned, and now your first foray to ES is to make a beeline to the Luck thread and post this gem?

Archived