Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The win today delayed true rebuilding by 5 years

SkinsHokieFan

Beating Seattle may be the most useless win on the schedule.

Any shot at RG3, Luck, Barkley is now gone.

Shanny cannot go into next year with the QB situation that we have now, and the chance to have a major long term upgraded has thusly been eliminated.

FML as a Skins fan

EDIT-8:53 AM

The above post was made in the heat of the moment at the end of the game. Yes, at this point, in what is shaping up to be a lost season, I really want the higher draft pick. I won't back away from that. I also won't back away from my 5 years statement, as I feel that if Shanny doesn't get his QB and the right QB this offseason his entire tenure is in serious jepordy, which will thus mean a new coach after year 4, and we are once again hitting the re-set button.

However, after a good night's sleep, I see why a win is helpful to these guys. Hard work, 18+hour days for the coaches, a system under fire from all corners, for at least 1 week there is relief. The young guys who have been busting their ass, the Kerrigan, Helu, Hurt, Riley deserve a win. Trent Williams, for playing in pain, deserves a win.

A win is a good thing. I'll learn to enjoy these things again.

I don't know that for sure. I wanted us to lose and we didn't. Ironic isn't it? I've never rooted for my team to lose ever until this week and they show heart and win a meaningless game. We don't have as much power without a high draft pick. We probably won't land one of the major names. I suppose at this point all I can do is hold out hope that A. We don't give up everything we have for a top pick and set us back in that fashion, B. Don't trade for Peyton Manning or something idiotic like that, and C. We manage to find a good quarterback outside of the top of the draft.

Sigh.

If we rattle off a bunch of wins now that it's garbage time it will be a punch in the stomach. I am so sick of 6-10, 7-9, and 8-8 seasons. I am a die hard fan and I would never consider rooting for another team, but at this point I won't even listen to them on the radio or care.

Sometimes I wonder if Dan Snyder is really a Cowboys fan.

Beating Seattle may be the most useless win on the schedule.

Any shot at RG3, Luck, Barkley is now gone.

Shanny cannot go into next year with the QB situation that we have now, and the chance to have a major long term upgraded has thusly been eliminated.

FML as a Skins fan

Dude seriously you think a professional football team would get together and say we need to lose so we can draft our QB next year?

Are you high? This team will still get a top 5 pick and at worst 7 or 8. This will still have them in position for a top tier qb or give them more ammo to trade up. Also, they can make a trade for a qb like Flynn. This win was much needed and well deserved for our players

Archived