Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

I posted all through the playoff thread. I ain't hiding from anybody. I love reading the comments - I find them hilarious. Especially the "he ain't Peyton Manning" ones. I watched every throw Peyton made in the NFL until last year. I've said it many times - Peyton wasn't "Peyton Manning" in his second year either. I can remember all the people saying how the colts made a mistake after he through a **** load of picks his first year and how they should have drafted Ryan Leaf. Let's just say I'm experiencing déjà vu all over again.

It amazes me how people don't see or understand the differences between what these QBs are asked to do. Much like with Peyton, Luck is being asked to go win games - not just not lose them. The Colts D is mediocre, OLine is bad, run game is bad, and the 2nd year, third round pick TY Hilton is Lucks experienced guy. His other receivers are Brazil, Whalen, and Rodgers. His TEs are Fleener and Doyle. Basically all 1st or 2nd year players. I know what the Colts have and I only feel the need to respond to the most idiotic of the hate. I can sense how badly some want to believe Luck will bust or that he isn't being asked to do more. It's fine with me. I just smile, remember the criticism of Manning early (who actually had an OLine and a running back that led the league twice in rushing is 2nd and 3rd year), and know the Colts will be competitive for the next 10 years because of their QB.

I will ask one thing - go see how long it took Peyton f'n Manning to win a playoff game.

Calm down bro. My post wasnt referring to you, I saw that you had posted after the game. 

To comment on your post, you wanna bring up all these excuses about how he is asked to win games, and he doesnt have any support, and his team is young etc. 

But this is the same team that Luck has had for the past two seasons, and he managed to do terrific in the regular season. Also you say that the Colts defense is horrible, I dont think they are as horrible as you say they are. They were put in bad positions in both the KC and NE games because of bad decisions from Luck. All those comebacks that you guys pin to Luck, im pretty sure the defense had a hand in that. I mean, they have to stop the opposing teams offense to get back into the game right? You cant blame everybody else BUT Luck for the loss against NE. Luck made horrible plays, you seem to acknowledge that, but the 'fanboys' I refer to are the ones my original post was directed at.

I dont understand the comparisons to Manning or Favre either. I think people are just putting their two cents in on how his career will turn out, everybody does that. Its just a part of being a fan.

Personally, I think Luck will be a great QB. Im just not sold on him like you guys are so soon.

Luck is a good QB and he will probably be great one day. I'm pretty sure you commented on my Luck is overrated threads at some point. I may be a huge Redskins fan but I give credit where credit is due. I thought the Colts would collapse with a tougher schedule this year and I was wrong. Luck had a pretty damn good season with 23 TD 9 INT and led his team to a playoff win and an 11-5 record. Some people see the words "Luck" and just post foaming at the mouth at how bad he is.  RG3 does need to do a better job of taking ownership of mistakes. The real winner do it and I'm not the only one saying it. Santana Moss said it too. I believe an nfl player said something like "When you win say its about the team. when you lose take the blame even if its not your fault"

It also helps that he plays in one of the worst divisions in football with the titans, jags and texans to feast on.

This is the truth about luck and his fans

Colts win - Luck is great...the next peyton manning

Colts lose - Luck has a bad OL, their defense is horrible, he has no weapons...without considering that most of his comebacks dating from last season were because of his ints...but they tend to ignore that.

It also helps that he plays in one of the worst divisions in football with the titans, jags and texans to feast on.

Colts lose - Luck has a bad OL, their defense is horrible, he has no weapons...without considering that most of his comebacks dating from last season were because of his ints...but they tend to ignore that.

That pretty much sums it up.

I posted all through the playoff thread. I ain't hiding from anybody. I love reading the comments - I find them hilarious. Especially the "he ain't Peyton Manning" ones. I watched every throw Peyton made in the NFL until last year. I've said it many times - Peyton wasn't "Peyton Manning" in his second year either. I can remember all the people saying how the colts made a mistake after he through a **** load of picks his first year and how they should have drafted Ryan Leaf. Let's just say I'm experiencing déjà vu all over again.

It amazes me how people don't see or understand the differences between what these QBs are asked to do. Much like with Peyton, Luck is being asked to go win games - not just not lose them. The Colts D is mediocre, OLine is bad, run game is bad, and the 2nd year, third round pick TY Hilton is Lucks experienced guy. His other receivers are Brazil, Whalen, and Rodgers. His TEs are Fleener and Doyle. Basically all 1st or 2nd year players. I know what the Colts have and I only feel the need to respond to the most idiotic of the hate. I can sense how badly some want to believe Luck will bust or that he isn't being asked to do more. It's fine with me. I just smile, remember the criticism of Manning early (who actually had an OLine and a running back that led the league twice in rushing is 2nd and 3rd year), and know the Colts will be competitive for the next 10 years because of their QB.

I will ask one thing - go see how long it took Peyton f'n Manning to win a playoff game.

Wouldn't having Whalen, Fleener and Pep Hamilton be a major advantage for Luck? At least development-wise...

Pretty comical how the Luck haters keep bringing up his division, when the guy beat SF, Denver, Seattle and KC this year.

And I remember these same guys saying "wait til next year when Luck has to play a harder schedule". Hilarious.

I never give Luck all the credit.

Hmmm

Pretty comical how the Luck haters keep bringing up his division, when the guy beat SF, Denver, Seattle and KC this year.

And I remember these same guys saying "wait til next year when Luck has to play a harder schedule". Hilarious.

Funny how you quoted Sanka to refute what he said and then went on to prove his exact point, now thats comical! 

Oh also I love how you continue to give him all the credit for the win against SF when he was 17-26 159 yards 0 TD, 0 INT. He had a rushing touchdown, but the score was 27-7, i guess the other 20 points meant nothing huh?  :lol:

Funny how you quoted Sanka to refute what he said and then went on to prove his exact point, now thats comical!

How did I prove his point? You make zero sense. He was more or less saying that the only reason Luck won 11 games is because he played in a bad division. Beating 3 of the 4 remaining playoff teams proves him WRONG.

I wouldn't be so spiteful when talking about Luck if it wasn't always in the back of my mind that he should be playing for the Cleveland Browns right now. I can just picture Jim Irsay in my mind when the news broke that Peyton would miss the entire 2011 season, "Well, our QB of the last 10+ years is finally running out of steam. It may finally be time to say goodbye to the man that built Indianapolis. But, I couldn't possibly allow this new legacy of greatness to unravel. I don't think this fanbase can handle being fans of a ****ty team for longer than one season. No, I have to secure the next best thing, the next Peyton! We need to lose as many games as possible to secure that #1 pick! Quick, get Kerry Collins on the phone!"

I still don't believe the Colts were the worst team in 2011. Hell, I'm betting things would have turned out a whole lot different had Peyton made a comeback during the season. If the Rams had received the #1 pick, the Browns would have most assuredly used their two first rounders, and whatever else ammo they had, and landed that pick, which they no doubt would have used on Luck. With less competition for the Washington Redskins to get RG3, we may not have had to spend to much to land our QB. Or maybe the Manning-less Colts would have landed in the #2 or #3 spot, and would have taken RG3 instead. I still can't stand the Colts, or Irsay, for tanking the 2011 season. It was unfair to those other teams that have been pining for greatness for eons, namely the Cleveland Browns.

How did I prove his point? You make zero sense. He was more or less saying that the only reason Luck won 11 games is because he played in a bad division. Beating 3 of the 4 remaining playoff teams proves him WRONG.

You said "I never give all the credit (to Luck)" then you proceeded to credit team wins to him over respectable opponents.  

That's how you go about proving yourself an absurd caricature.  Again, I ask, what is it specifically about a ROOKIE QB that attended a university you did not (I actually watched Brady at Michigan in person, so I get a pass) and plays for a team you do not root for, that you find so compelling?

And why is it that you seem to have big issues with other QBs and why is it that those QBs you oppose seem to share a certain common trait?

You said "I never give all the credit (to Luck)" then you proceeded to credit team wins to him over respectable opponents.

That's how you go about proving yourself an absurd caricature. Again, I ask, what is it specifically about a ROOKIE QB that attended a university you did not (I actually watched Brady at Michigan in person, so I get a pass) and plays for a team you do not root for, that you find so compelling?

And why is it that you seem to have big issues with other QBs and why is it that those QBs you oppose seem to share a certain common trait?

revised reply below

I'm not giving Luck ALL the credit. That's an assumption on your part. Do I really need to start putting Colts in () after Luck's name? You guys are so anal. You nitpick the littlest thing to try and make a point.

And I already explained to you why I started the thread. You chose to ignore it.

Btw, I didn't know it was a crime to appreciate players on other teams. I have always admired the guys game. You don't have to have went to the school he did to like him. And why aren't you in the Cam thread grilling all those guys for liking Cam? You guys are something else.

Edit: and I just noticed that last paragraph you are labeling me a racist. You should check that, bro. I don't like ONE black QB (Cam), so that makes me a racist? Unreal.

That's how you go about proving yourself an absurd caricature.  Again, I ask, what is it specifically about a ROOKIE QB that attended a university you did not (I actually watched Brady at Michigan in person, so I get a pass) and plays for a team you do not root for, that you find so compelling?

Yeah, I wouldnt worry to much about that guy. He's been proven wrong on a number of occasions yet refuses to admit the flaws in his arguments and the clear bias he shows when it comes to Luck. 

"It's just comical" at this point lol he loves that phrase.

Luck could go 1-30 for 5 yards, and 4 picks against an elite teams, and if the colts win, he'll claim it as Luck beating them.

Andrew Luck threw some amazing passes last Saturday. But for every 5 awesome throws there's one were you're like, "Huh, what the hell was that?"

Another thing I noticed was how Luck stared down his receivers on the interception plays. I'm surprised know one is criticizing him for that. Maybe it's because "looks" like a traditional QB.

Sorry your Colts are out of it BubbleScreen; at least you can take solace in knowing that the Colts will rule the AFC South for the next decade.

EDIT: Just read a few more posts in this thread. So BubbleScreen isn't a Colts fan? Wow whodathunk it.

I think the main motivation of starting this thread was to stir the pot.

I like Luck and think he'll end up being a really good QB during his career, but the media needs to pump the breaks a bit.

In 3 playoff games, he has a 6:8 TD:INT ratio. He's averaging almost 3 INTs a playoff game. Peyton Manning had 2 INTs in his 1st 3 playoff games. Tom Brady had 1.

In 2 full seasons, he's thrown 27 INTs. Now granted, he threw half as many this year as last, but that's still a good amonut of INTs your first 2 seasons. For comparisons sakes, RG3 has 17 career INTs and Wilson has 19.

Yes he makes some spectacular plays, but some of his great comebacks are self inflicted. If he doesn't throw 3 INTs against the Chiefs, they probably don't have to come back from 28 down in the 3rd quarter to win.

As much as he's a reason the Colts win some games, he's a reason they lose some too. 4 INTs this past weekend certainly didn't help their chances against NE.

Luck is going to be a hell of a QB. Right now he throws a ton of picks, part of it is because of his style of play(aggressive, throwing with anticipation)and part of it is his WRs aren't great and he has NO running game and a bad OL. Like most teams reliant on a franchise QB, the Colts would be lucky to win 3 games without Luck.

He doesn't have the supporting cast Wilson, Kaepernick, or Newton have. Hell I'd argue RG3 has a better supporting cast(Morris > bust Richardson, OL is probably better with a Pro Bowl LT, Garcon is equal to Wayne though Hilton is better than any of our 2-3s).

Luck is going to be a hell of a QB. Right now he throws a ton of picks, part of it is because of his style of play(aggressive, throwing with anticipation)and part of it is his WRs aren't great and he has NO running game and a bad OL. Like most teams reliant on a franchise QB, the Colts would be lucky to win 3 games without Luck.

He doesn't have the supporting cast Wilson, Kaepernick, or Newton have. Hell I'd argue RG3 has a better supporting cast(Morris > bust Richardson, OL is probably better with a Pro Bowl LT, Garcon is equal to Wayne though Hilton is better than any of our 2-3s).

This is my opinion exactly of Luck as well, except stated better than I could.

I don't believe any AFC team could have beat the Pats this past weekend in NE.  First, they rarely, if ever, lose there and especially after BB has had 2 weeks to prepare. 

Colts really screwed themselves trading a 1st for Richardson.  Idiotic.

Donald brown did average 5.3 YPC and scored 6 TD. As far as sacks go he's middle of the pack with 32, so I would venture to say his OL is not awful but average.

I wouldn't be so spiteful when talking about Luck if it wasn't always in the back of my mind that he should be playing for the Cleveland Browns right now.

I still don't believe the Colts were the worst team in 2011. Hell,

Abbreviated the above post.  Don't know why I am so caught up in this, but I said during that season, they were tanking it.  I guess I am because Luck is going to be a good QB in this league and lead the Colts to the playoffs every year just like the guy he replaced.

To continue, they made the playoffs a whole bunch of seasons in a row before the one they tanked and have made it to the playoffs the last two seasons.  Just that is evidence enough to point out that they clearly were not the worst team in the league.  Name a team in league history that did that?  I am not even going to bother to research as I am that confident there is not one that fits the set of circumstances of the Colts.

I like Luck and think he'll end up being a really good QB during his career, but the media needs to pump the breaks a bit.

In 3 playoff games, he has a 6:8 TD:INT ratio. He's averaging almost 3 INTs a playoff game. Peyton Manning had 2 INTs in his 1st 3 playoff games. Tom Brady had 1.

In 2 full seasons, he's thrown 27 INTs. Now granted, he threw half as many this year as last, but that's still a good amonut of INTs your first 2 seasons. For comparisons sakes, RG3 has 17 career INTs and Wilson has 19.

Yes he makes some spectacular plays, but some of his great comebacks are self inflicted. If he doesn't throw 3 INTs against the Chiefs, they probably don't have to come back from 28 down in the 3rd quarter to win.

As much as he's a reason the Colts win some games, he's a reason they lose some too. 4 INTs this past weekend certainly didn't help their chances against NE.

It's a little unfair to compare Luck's INT total to RG3 and Wilson when he's asked to do a whole lot more than those two. And 27 isn't a lot of INT for a QBs first two seasons, anyway. Especially when he improved dramatically in that area in year 2.

As for the Chiefs game: Luck didn't throw his first pick until they were already behind 31-10, if I'm not mistaken.

Archived