Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck Appreciation Thread

Bubble Screen

pj-- All that is true about Marc James, but there is a reason why he he changed his tune on Cam. When Taylor was there, Marc could be the 'bad guy' and diss Cam all he wanted. He probably did it on purpose, to make a name for himself. Now that he is the only host, he can't continue to diss on Cam/the Panthers, because he would lose all his listeners. Its pretty obvious that's what is going on. Now he even acts like a Panther fan, saying who "we" need to draft, etc.

He is somewhat knowledgeable, but he's a sellout. There's no way in hell I could ever go on radio and pretend to like Cam or the Panthers lol. I don't care how much money they pay me. Ain't happening!

I haven't listened to talk sports since September. Didn't even know Taylor had left.

a lot of Luck fans hate the fact that Griffin won rookie of the year over him, and a lot of their hate againist griff does come down to race at times... and from the media as well... 

the media believes that by saying Luck is the next Michael Jordan and saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that we are supposed to believe it.. i believe Andrew Luck will be going through his 3rd OC in 3 years.... Rob Chudzinski was just hired by the Colts.... Chud was responsible for Cam putting up record breaking numbers his first 2 years.... the NFL told the Browns to hire Chud and get him away from Cam.... The NFL wanted Chud with Luck, pep hamilton will be fired i believe 

This post is the early leader for dumbest post of the year.

First off, could you point me to the Luck fans that "hate" Griffin? Nearly every person who has posted in this thread are Redskins fans, save for the one Colts fan.

And you DO realize that Chud has a bad reputation with teams/players? He left Carolina for Cleveland to be a head coach. But there were reports of him having rubbed players and coaches in Carolina the wrong way. Him lasting only a year with the Browns sort of lends credence to those reports, as he was fired after only one season. Which is almost unheard of.

Him landing in Indy is a surprise, but not THAT much of one when you consider Pep Hamilton is a hot commodity to be a head coach in college.

Your conspiracy theory is absurd. And it's comical that you denounce racism, then turn around and make a racist post yourself.

Edit: and I notice you have made 3 posts. Awfully funny how guys with similar posting styles were recently banned, and now your first foray to ES is to make a beeline to the Luck thread and post this gem?

Well, we've always reserved the right to take even a first "early foul" such as this one, in this kind of context, as reason enough for a removal...and so it shall be here, whether 's it's a dupe acct or not...techno can go find a techno site and discuss racism or idiot conspiracy theories there...

(p.s.---yes, he was "another-idiot-who-needs-to-get-a life" dupe acct)

http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/former-bears-gm-jerry-angelo-rates-every-quarterback-2013-nfl-season

Peyton Manning

He is definitely in a class by himself in my eyes. I think he sees the game so much better than any quarterback I have ever seen. The stats, NFL records, speak for themselves. He needs a Super Bowl this year to go down as the best ever, in my eyes.

Tom Brady

Having one of his finest years, because of what he’s had to overcome to lead his team to another extraordinary season. When they talk about Manning, they always use Brady as a comparison.

Aaron Rodgers

A gifted arm with crossbow accuracy. He can maneuver and find a down field target as good as any. His late-in-the-game heroics are well documented. You may sack him, but can’t stop him.

Cam Newton

A special talent with flaws. He took a good team and had them playing consistently well. They didn’t back into being divisional champs, they took it and he lead the charge. Needs to continue to grow his football IQ. More work in the classroom is the key to his continued development.

Drew Brees

He plays as fast as any QB in football and has too given his height. He can see around a defense and throw over it as good as any in his mold. He struggled more than any other elite QB on the road. Comfort level has more to do with his performance, than supporting cast.

Philip Rivers

For the first time in his career he played beyond the sum of his parts. He was a driven leader who got results in big games. His play was special and his team over achieved, because of it.

Andrew Luck

If you’re in a ‘pick-up’ game, you’re picking him first. He plays with reckless abandon. He’ll have some ‘bonehead’ plays, but so did Favre. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he made some terrible decisions that led to turnovers. Yes, he responded well to those turnovers, but he put his team in major holes through turning over the football. He’s fearless and as he matures his game will improve. The only thing he’s missing is a championship ring.

• 5 months later...

man honestly ... you watch this, and you just have to almost sit in awe of this kid, he does everything real good. I know decision making is questionable, you know that's going to get better.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-X8Q7vq3LU

runs

throws from bad pockets

strong, making throws with guys dragging him down

he can zip it, he has touch

his out routes are awesome

I use to refused to like him due to some weird loyalty to RG3, but I can't anymore. Not to mention playoffs both years, never loss back to back games. amazing. 

Andrew Luck

2013 PFF

Positives

• Among the league’s best on third down (+10.9) including a +6.8 grade on 3rd-and-10+
• Second-highest grade on 2nd-and-medium (+9.5).
• Fourth-highest grade on designed rollouts (+3.6).
• Among the league’s best on passes thrown at least 30 yards in the air (+2.3) and passes thrown at least 40 yards in the air (+2.4).
• Graded at +5.9 on passes thrown outside the numbers to the right.
• Fifth-highest grade when pressured (+1.0).
• Third-highest grade on drop-backs of 9 or more yards (+11.8).
• Graded at +6.9 on drop-backs lasting 2.6 to 3.0 seconds and ranked third with a +10.8 grade on drop-backs lasting at least 3.6 seconds.
• Graded at +8.9 when throwing to the slot (by alignment).
• Ranked second with a +7.9 grade on ‘in’ routes.

Negatives

• Fifth-lowest grade on 2nd-and-long (-7.2).
• Graded at -5.4 on passes thrown in the 11-to-20-yard range and -1.4 on passes thrown in the 21-to-30-yard range.
• Graded at -4.4 on drop-backs lasting 2.1 to 2.5 seconds.
• Graded at -0.3 on passes thrown outside the numbers to the left.
• Struggled on 4-to-6-yard drop-backs (-7.1).
• Graded at -0.9 on post routes and -0.3 on go routes.

Tendencies

• Threw 59.4% of passes in between the numbers; above the league average of 53.3%.
• Faced pressure on 37.5% of drop-backs; 15th-highest in the league.
• Faced third down blitzes 41.9% of the time; ninth-highest in the league.
• Threw to the slot (by alignment) 37.3% of the time; well above the league average of 29.2%.
• Threw screens on 12.0% of drop-backs; tied for eighth highest in the league.
• 13.7% of attempts were crossing routes; seventh-highest in the league.

"Luck has already accomplished a lot in his brief career, with several rookie passing records and a pair of Pro Bowl berths under his belt. But the third-year pro has to take his game to another level to affirm his status as an elite quarterback. Luck must continue to reduce his turnovers -- while he sliced his regular-season interception total in half last season (from 18 in 2012 to nine in '13), he tossed seven picks in two playoff games -- and he must improve his overall efficiency from the pocket. If the 24-year-old can push his completion percentage to the mid-60's and compile a quarterback rating north of 100 while continuing to drive the Colts into the postseason, he will merit serious consideration as the premier quarterback of the new generation."

What Luck needs to do to become elite. This is what most of us have been saying, the kid is good but has some work to do to be considered a top 10 QB in the league.

Seriously, if you don't think Luck is a top 10 QB, you should probably just stop watching football altogether.

I feel like you should just insert this into every post you make...if you don't agree with bubble screen on everything you should just stop watching whichever sport he's referring to at the moment.

I feel like you should just insert this into every post you make...if you don't agree with bubble screen on everything you should just stop watching whichever sport he's referring to at the moment.

Of course. He knows everything and we know nothing. None if us have ever played or watched sports before. I just show up here for the free donuts. We're all idiots. What were we thinking. He's never wrong. He's right 100% of the time and don't you forget it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-1st-and-forever-luck-vs-newton/

When comparing their first two seasons, Luck compiled slightly more passing yards (8,196 to Cam’s 7,920) and touchdown passes (46 to 40) while throwing less interceptions (27 to 29). Newton’s completion percentage is higher (58.8% to Luck’s 57%), he’s been sacked less (71 to 73), and he’s fumbled less (15 to 16). All of these numbers come out as a wash. If you were to take the stats, put them in a bag and shake them up, you never be able to decipher the Luck stats from Newton’s numbers.

So why do people speak about Luck as if he has arrived and about Newton as if he still has something to prove? Where is the separation? It must be wins. Not only is the NFC a more superior conference, the NFC South is a tough division. The AFC south is considered by many to be the worse division in the NFL; so do we really want to use win/loss record as a barometer?

So where’s the separation? It’s in their running ability. While their passing stats don’t give a clear definition of greatest, the rushing stats separate the two and pushes Newton far ahead of Luck. Newton’s rushing yards doubles up Luck’s (1,447 yds to 632 yds) and his rushing touchdowns are nearly two and a half times as many as Luck’s (22 to 9), his longest rush is 72 yards, which is 43 yards longer than any Luck run in the NFL, and his yards per carry is still higher than Luck’s (5.7 to 5.1).

Good post, dg.  I think one of the reasons you have a disparity (besides an obvious one that I think is a factor but not the factor) is that Carolina isn't QB central.  The Colts have Unitas, Manning and having the #1 pick and someone slated to be the next great QB before he had even finished his final year is simply going to have biases swung in their favor in comparisons.  Also, I find it interesting how quickly (and not just with sports) the media can influence opinions and behaviors.  All some well-placed analysts need to do is talk about Luck as the new Manning, and you begin to find consensus within a couple months time.

• 3 weeks later...

http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-1st-and-forever-luck-vs-newton/

When comparing their first two seasons, Luck compiled slightly more passing yards (8,196 to Cam’s 7,920) and touchdown passes (46 to 40) while throwing less interceptions (27 to 29). Newton’s completion percentage is higher (58.8% to Luck’s 57%), he’s been sacked less (71 to 73), and he’s fumbled less (15 to 16). All of these numbers come out as a wash. If you were to take the stats, put them in a bag and shake them up, you never be able to decipher the Luck stats from Newton’s numbers.

So why do people speak about Luck as if he has arrived and about Newton as if he still has something to prove? Where is the separation? It must be wins. Not only is the NFC a more superior conference, the NFC South is a tough division. The AFC south is considered by many to be the worse division in the NFL; so do we really want to use win/loss record as a barometer?

So where’s the separation? It’s in their running ability. While their passing stats don’t give a clear definition of greatest, the rushing stats separate the two and pushes Newton far ahead of Luck. Newton’s rushing yards doubles up Luck’s (1,447 yds to 632 yds) and his rushing touchdowns are nearly two and a half times as many as Luck’s (22 to 9), his longest rush is 72 yards, which is 43 yards longer than any Luck run in the NFL, and his yards per carry is still higher than Luck’s (5.7 to 5.1).

Because Luck's team pretty much blows.  Luck's first year, no one predicted them to make the playoffs.  11 wins.  Last season, no O line, Reggie Wayne injured, no running game, 11 wins.  

Cam is awesome, but, he has had an awesome team.  Top 4 defense.  He doesn't have to do as much.  Same with Russell Wilson.

So the Colts have been in garbage time since the 2nd quarter right? None of these stats count from what I can tell

By ES conventional wisdom that's applied to Redskins players, most of what Luck did last night should be brushed off as irrelevant. Pure stat padding due to falling behind so quickly and the other team's defense taking it easy due to having a big lead.

By ES conventional wisdom that's applied to Redskins players, most of what Luck did last night should be brushed off as irrelevant. Pure stat padding due to falling behind so quickly and the other team's defense taking it easy due to having a big lead.

Yep, exactly. Just wanted to make sure we were keeping score correctly

I thought Luck was OK. Carried over the INT propensity from the playoffs after supposedly shaking that in 2013, but I can't deny that he's awesome at digging his team out of a hole. That was fun to watch.

After throwing a pick and starting slow, so was Patrick Ramsey.  

Going on the road and losing by 7 to the probable AFC SB representative is just inexcusable. Yep.

/sarcasm

He didn't play well then padded his stats in garbage time.  So can the sarcasm, Denver took their foot off the pedal and it got easy for him.  When Denver was interested they were annihilating the Colts and Luck looked lost.

Archived